FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Where Did You Big Chop? Advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Did You Big Chop? Advice needed
    Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:47pm
I'm dying to cut off my relaxed ends, but I'm 100% sure I cannot do it myself. I have two options: Go to the local natural hair salon, that has good reviews, but needs a $40 consultation before you make an appointment ( the haircut itself would be $20+) OR go to a local black barbershop?

I need to decide soon before I come up with more stupid reasons of why I shouldn't BC.

Edited by fairyQueen092 - Dec 11 2012 at 7:52pm
Sponsored Links

dayumash93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dayumash93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:45pm
I was due for a touch up with no intention of going natural when I BC'ed. As a result, I kept my appointment with my stylist and she sheered me because it was convenient. Otherwise I would have just gone to a shop. Depending on how much hair you've got to trim off, I'd look/ feel it out on your own. If you're not confident enough for that, just go to the salon. Barber shops can jack you up something nasty.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 6:04am
My husband and I did it. I just slathered a bunch of gel in my hair so he could tell what needed to be cut. I did the front n he did the back. It took us about an hour.
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:00am
I did it .. Just looked in the mirror (w/ spray bottle in hand) and started cutting. Mines wasn't a very big chop though.

Edited by EasterBell - Dec 12 2012 at 9:02am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:32am
My husband took the clippers and went in. Unless your getting some other kind of treatment done a $10 cut will suffice. Nothing special to cutting hair off. You could do your own treatments at home. Your hair will be short anyways.

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:42am
I cut it myself in the bathroom.

I cut off all of the "obvious" relaxed pieces then cowashed and left some cheapie vo5 in, and cut the missed straight ends.

Yay!!
Do it yourself..
Or if you have a hubby, let him help.
saxssyvixen29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saxssyvixen29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:53am
I did it using conditioner in my bathroom after watching some "big chop" youtube videos.
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:22am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

I cut it myself in the bathroom.

I cut off all of the "obvious" relaxed pieces then cowashed and left some cheapie vo5 in, and cut the missed straight ends.

Yay!!
Do it yourself..
Or if you have a hubby, let him help.

Bolded is pretty much what I just did. The relaxed ends were obvious at that point.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:30am
I did it in my bathroom at home...but I was already natural.

Anyway, it depends on how much natural hair you have what your end goal is. Do you just want to get rid of the relaxed ends? You can easily do that at home.

But if you want to have your natural hair cut into a nice shape (so a real haircut, for example, like a devacut) I would suggest finding someone who specializes in cutting curly hair. I've been to several natural hair salons that don't have anyone who really knows how to shape curly hair (and many don't even know how to gently comb natural hair). 
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:55pm
Hmmm... I just want to get rid of the relaxed ends but there's so much tho, I'm 11 month post and bsl. I'm worried about seeing the back of my head
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic