BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where are the Good Stylist in Charlotte

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MissLDB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLDB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 2:31pm
I went to a stylist at HerabyHim name Shandy. This was in 2006. It was a pretty decent sew in. There is a guy, Skylat who does pretty installs. He used to work in my cousin's salon. He cuts, colors, and sells hair...if I'm not mistaken. If you are willing to drive to Gastonia, I know someone who can do a flat install like his life depends on it! He is reasonably priced. Not as knowledgable about weave, but he listens and gives you what you want.
Sponsored Links

MissLDB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLDB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 2:34pm
Skylar*
SuperSweetSunsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperSweetSunsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 10:44pm
Bumping.... anyone local stylists great with closures? I'm hoping I don't have to travel to Atlanta.Sleepy

Edited by SuperSweetSunsh - Jan 26 2014 at 10:45pm
~taki~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~taki~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 8:44am
Monetcrochet

She is on IG
I travel from the DMV to get my hair done by her.
pepsi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:49am

I live in Charlotte,

Skylar can Lay some hair

Skylar charges like he is a celebrity stylist! SMH lol His time management skills will have you commit suicide before you get in his chair..He charges @200+ for install

He sells hair but his prices are higher than Jace beauty…smh! (Never purchased but I’m sure it’s no better than aliexpress etc)

Skylar and some other stylist came from Hairbyhim to a salon that my old beautician worked

Skylar moved on..but The salon is called "Glambar" there is this chick name Lisa in there that does install after install (never seen her do lace closure but she gets it in) I’m sure she high like Skylar

If you’re interested I have this African Lady who will do a full install for $80 (does not include, cut, color) PM if interesed 

Weave game kinda of shady here if you find somebody that is bad they overcharge or overbook – I was going to my African lady and then would cut and color on my own now I self-install all my do’s!

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:15pm
Skylar is notorious for jumping from salon to salon aaaand he think he knows everything. He started out just doing short cuts and I gave him this website in 2010 and now he charging out the ass smh. He take his time getting to the shop while you sit waiting on him and then when he get there no apology and he still has to get himself together. Stopped going to him his head too big.
SuperSweetSunsh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperSweetSunsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:00pm
Taki- thanks, I would have had her at the top of my list, but the thread on her turned me off.

Pepsi25- thanks- I don't like reading that there is a time management issue though. I always ask for the very first appointment of the day, I let the stylist choose which day. There should be no reason for waiting. That's ridiculous.

I found these stylists on instagram- has anyone had work done by them?

-choyking
-mspink_lipstick
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 6:30pm
Greensboro, NC - Mercedes at Industry Salon does sew ins for a good price. She does my room mates hair all the time and her installs last a good 2 months. Her braids and thread are still in tact when I help her take her installs down. She is natural and she's dyed the same brazilian hair twice, stripped the color and all and Mercedes has kept the hair and her natural hair in good shape since September. She can change the parting for you if you get tired of it, that's a good thing I like about her. PM me for her info or search #beeflawless on instagram. 
pepsi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Skylar is notorious for jumping from salon to salon aaaand he think he knows everything. He started out just doing short cuts and I gave him this website in 2010 and now he charging out the ass smh. He take his time getting to the shop while you sit waiting on him and then when he get there no apology and he still has to get himself together. Stopped going to him his head too big.

THIS! Doesn't matter if you are his first one! smh
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:07pm
I was going to this girl I found off of CL then she started shaded my installs once she thought we was buddies and when I went to invite her to a gathering at my house she borrowed her sisters pants or some child around 10 and commenced to parading around her camel toe all and through my crib. Her favorite spot seemed to be in my mans line of vision so I had to shut that down and the last straw was she came to my home to borrow $10 cause she had stayed out all night getting her back blown out, her hair all over her head an last night slut gear to prove said story cause she didn't have enough gas to mosey her skandified self home, it was about 8am & I was in no mood for her foolery since I was up late the night prior so I snatched the door open in my leopard get up, yes I mean circa Fredericks of Hollywood and told her to get her life.

So I wish I could help but it was real trill in the weave streets down there. Gooooo Tar Heels!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>