BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Where all have you been

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

On my way to the MLK memorial as I type

that's a good idea, i'm thinking i should go tomorrow but the weather is supposed to be terrible. we'll see.
i'm having suburb anxiety... need my city fix.
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

have you been to rhode island??

outside the US- montreal, bahamas, Jamaica, virgin islands, turks and caicos, dominican republic, barbados, st. kitts, antigua, and i'm probably forgetting others.. i only like english speaking like black countries, but i might try out the spanish speaking ones besides DR at some point

can you elaborate on the red??!!Big smile

there was nothing in rhode island to write home about really, i didn't go there as a tourist i just found myself there for a couple of days because it's 30 minutes from where i was doing business in massachusetts and i was trying to avoid boston. it was sort of like ann arbor in in felt a lot like a big small town/suburb.

out of the islands in red turks and caicos is the best hands down. i say that because i am very particular about beaches and oceans and turks and caicos was the only island i've been to so far to get it right. as far as other things to do besides the beach, i enjoyed the virgin islands, bahamas and jamaica the best. st. kitts is a tiny island, nothing really of note except some of the historic sites. i didn't like the dominican republic, but i am not a fan of spanish speaking countries in general, so that might be why.

if I go to rhode island, I just want to see a light house

red turks and caicos looks beauuuutiful!!

jdoriginal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdoriginal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 5:02pm

Originally posted by jdoriginal jdoriginal wrote:

Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Born, raised, and educated in Kingston, Jamaica. And I still live here.

Lived in London for 2 years from '03 to '05

Spent a couple summers (3-4 months at a time) in NYC and other 2 to 4 week trips.

My dream destination is Rome Cry but that's when I recover from this grad school financial vortex.

i wanted to go but I heard from many websites and sources Kingston is very dangerous

made me not want to go anymore...is it really?Confused

i started looking at Montego bay

Kingston is many things all at once. This isn't Port-of-Spain where nowhere is safe. 

The overwhelming majority of violent crime in Kingston and MoBay is gang-related. Both organised crime and political/turf conflicts. And it's concentrated in the poorest ghettos of the city. Of course, there are domestic cases and other typical crime that you'd find in any major city.

Forh the most part, if you don't live in a bad neighbourhood and you nor your relatives aren't involved in wrongdoing, you'll be fine. I don't feel unsafe really but I know the place and I know how things work. 

To an outsider, even people who live in other parts of the island who aren't familiar with Kingston, it  can seem terrifying but how I've portrayed it is really how it is. 

Trinidadian born and bred. Everywhere in Port of Spain is NOT dangerous.Iit is pretty much as Kingtson was described  (ie crime is gang related for the most part and concentrated in the poorer neighbourhoods.)  If you are into eco-toursim and Carnival, TnT is the place to be.

I've been to:

Barbados
St. Vincent and the Grenadines (cruised the grenadines really)

NYC

England (lived there for 4 yrs)
Paris, France
Rome, Italy
Vienna, Austria

Sudan (lived)
Kenya
Uganda

Turkey

Really want to go SA, Tanzania, Netherlands and Brasil by the end of 2014.

please tell about the red!!Big smile

and I may visit trinidadSmile

Grenadines: Took a 6 day cruise on a catamaran. St. Vincent - Bequia - Mustique - Tobago Cays- Mayreau- Palm Island - Petit Martinique - Grenada. Mustique was my favorite lil island because it looked like one big beautiful gated community where I can raise a family (so quiet, safe and laid back). Tobago Cays is a wildlife preserve so one can see a lot of animals in their natural untouched habitat. My friends spent a lot of time in the water snorkeling etc. throughout the trip. I can hardly swim so I stayed on the boat a lot.

Sudan : there for work. Anything you can see there (eg pyramids and the nile) you can see anywhere else.

Kenya: Loved the temperature when I was there in October last. Sunny yet cool...kinda like London in the summer. Went to 2 national parks and saw lions, giraffes zebras etc. Mombassa is nice. Reminded me of Tobago.

Uganda: Didnt do much touristy stuff except go to the Equator. I spent my time going to the cinema, dentist, malls...just doing "normal" things I cant/ dont/ wont do in Sudan.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 5:35pm

Born, raised, and educated in Kingston, Jamaica. And I still live here.

Lived in London for 2 years from '03 to '05

Spent a couple summers (3-4 months at a time) in NYC and other 2 to 4 week trips.

My dream destination is Rome Cry but that's when I recover from this grad school financial vortex.

i wanted to go but I heard from many websites and sources Kingston is very dangerous

made me not want to go anymore...is it really?Confused

i started looking at Montego bay

Kingston is many things all at once. This isn't Port-of-Spain where nowhere is safe. 

The overwhelming majority of violent crime in Kingston and MoBay is gang-related. Both organised crime and political/turf conflicts. And it's concentrated in the poorest ghettos of the city. Of course, there are domestic cases and other typical crime that you'd find in any major city.

Forh the most part, if you don't live in a bad neighbourhood and you nor your relatives aren't involved in wrongdoing, you'll be fine. I don't feel unsafe really but I know the place and I know how things work. 

To an outsider, even people who live in other parts of the island who aren't familiar with Kingston, it  can seem terrifying but how I've portrayed it is really how it is. 

Trinidadian born and bred. Everywhere in Port of Spain is NOT dangerous.Iit is pretty much as Kingtson was described  (ie crime is gang related for the most part and concentrated in the poorer neighbourhoods.)  If you are into eco-toursim and Carnival, TnT is the place to be.

I've been to:

Barbados
St. Vincent and the Grenadines (cruised the grenadines really)

NYC

England (lived there for 4 yrs)
Paris, France
Rome, Italy
Vienna, Austria

Sudan (lived)
Kenya
Uganda

Turkey

Really want to go SA, Tanzania, Netherlands and Brasil by the end of 2014.

please tell about the red!!Big smile

and I may visit trinidadSmile

Grenadines: Took a 6 day cruise on a catamaran. St. Vincent - Bequia - Mustique - Tobago Cays- Mayreau- Palm Island - Petit Martinique - Grenada. Mustique was my favorite lil island because it looked like one big beautiful gated community where I can raise a family (so quiet, safe and laid back). Tobago Cays is a wildlife preserve so one can see a lot of animals in their natural untouched habitat. My friends spent a lot of time in the water snorkeling etc. throughout the trip. I can hardly swim so I stayed on the boat a lot.

Sudan : there for work. Anything you can see there (eg pyramids and the nile) you can see anywhere else.

Kenya: Loved the temperature when I was there in October last. Sunny yet cool...kinda like London in the summer. Went to 2 national parks and saw lions, giraffes zebras etc. Mombassa is nice. Reminded me of Tobago.

Uganda: Didnt do much touristy stuff except go to the Equator. I spent my time going to the cinema, dentist, malls...just doing "normal" things I cant/ dont/ wont do in Sudan.
mustique and grenada are gorgeous!!  palm island looks so cool. I like how they built it to look like a palm

im gonna add Kenya, mustique, palm island and grenada to my list

yasss so glad I made this thread!!! beautiful locationsClap

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i started to make a list... and it got too long

so i'll just make a list of whats in my diary

dis a$$hole right here SMDHAngry
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 9:46am
LOL
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

yup.. him and tokyo.. 
so jealous 
one day... 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:04am

cool cool what was ocho rios like?

very beautiful.. 
thats one place that i really remember. 
very friendly ppl, so tropical and serene.. it seems like a great place to live especially if youre into quiet type places (im not.. but id still probably stay there for a few months). I think id prefer kingston or another city though.. 
i loved climbing dunns river  
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

yup.. him and tokyo.. 
so jealous 
one day... 

Me??  I guess the grass is truly greener on the other side of the fence.  I sitting here jealous of the folks who went to the Caribbean, Europe and African countries!  LOL
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:14am
Yea Coco I forgot about TR....effin Showoffs. Yes you TR, you ain't fancy!

Model Ochi I don't even remember TBH, lots of greenery, the cruise ship dock, Couple AIs couple small hotels, beaches, they have Burger King, Runaway Bay is nearby, the jerk place, they have zip lining and Mystic Mountain, plus dunns river falls, river tubing

I usually just drive right through Ochi as i head to NegrilCool
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style