Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Where all have you been

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jdoriginal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdoriginal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Born, raised, and educated in Kingston, Jamaica. And I still live here.

Lived in London for 2 years from '03 to '05

Spent a couple summers (3-4 months at a time) in NYC and other 2 to 4 week trips.

My dream destination is Rome Cry but that's when I recover from this grad school financial vortex.

i wanted to go but I heard from many websites and sources Kingston is very dangerous

made me not want to go anymore...is it really?Confused

i started looking at Montego bay

Kingston is many things all at once. This isn't Port-of-Spain where nowhere is safe. 

The overwhelming majority of violent crime in Kingston and MoBay is gang-related. Both organised crime and political/turf conflicts. And it's concentrated in the poorest ghettos of the city. Of course, there are domestic cases and other typical crime that you'd find in any major city.

Forh the most part, if you don't live in a bad neighbourhood and you nor your relatives aren't involved in wrongdoing, you'll be fine. I don't feel unsafe really but I know the place and I know how things work. 

To an outsider, even people who live in other parts of the island who aren't familiar with Kingston, it  can seem terrifying but how I've portrayed it is really how it is. 

Trinidadian born and bred. Everywhere in Port of Spain is NOT dangerous.Iit is pretty much as Kingtson was described  (ie crime is gang related for the most part and concentrated in the poorer neighbourhoods.)  If you are into eco-toursim and Carnival, TnT is the place to be.

I've been to:

Barbados
St. Vincent and the Grenadines (cruised the grenadines really)

NYC

England (lived there for 4 yrs)
Paris, France
Rome, Italy
Vienna, Austria

Sudan (lived)
Kenya
Uganda
Turkey

Really want to go SA, Tanzania, Netherlands and Brasil by the end of 2014.
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 9:14pm
places i've lived in the US (no, i'm not in the militaryLOL):
chicago- born and raised
ann arbor/ypsilanti, MI
philadelphia area
maryland dc area
northern virginia
central new jersey
central Tennessee
west virginia

visited every state east of the mississippi river except for Maine, Vermont, CT, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Arkansas, Louisiana

Out west i've only been to missouri and cali

outside the US- montreal, bahamas, Jamaica, virgin islands, turks and caicos, dominican republic, barbados, st. kitts, antigua, and i'm probably forgetting others.. i only like english speaking like black countries, but i might try out the spanish speaking ones besides DR at some point

to do is france and spain next spring hopefully, but i'm not to fond of clear folks so i might do africa or the middle east instead.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Sweden - loved it and I am planning to go back next year

Tell me something
How far in advance did you plan?
Was the flight super expensive?(assuming you were flying from the states)
Was the language barrier tough?(like for example virtually most of the people in Amsterdam speak English)
How hard was it to get around ... like from the airport to the city? and to local destinations 

I need to get to Sweden .... I want to see authentic Volvo's and Ikea furniture design in person... and swedish horse meat balls.

Thx
-Oodles

Edited by OoDles O - Aug 31 2013 at 11:37pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 10:09pm

Originally posted by talia talia wrote:

In the U.S.
California - LA. I'm so over it, living here has been fun but I'm ready to leave
I've been mostly everywhere in the state of Calif.
New Mexico
Arizona
Colorado
what part of Colorado?

Oregon
Washington state
Maryland
Chicago
Virginia
how did you like Virginia?

Mass
and Massachusetts?

Vermont
New Hampshire

^^^Im also interested in hearing about these two

New Jersey
New York
Georgia
So Carolina - Charleston......loved it
New Orleans
Florida - do not like
Utah
what part of Utah?

Nevada
las vegas?

Paris loved it.
Budapest, Hungary - fun
Vienna, Austria (loved loved loved it)
Salzburg and Lindt Austria
Bavaria, Germany - the forest in the alps loved, loved, loved it!
The food, the beer gardens and men in lederhosen. What is not to like?
Dusseldorf and Munich, Germany. Loved it.
When in Germany one has got to do the castle tour...they are amazing.

Puerto Rico
Saint Thomas
Jamaica......the food omg. I could live off ackee and breadfruit along with blue mountain coffee. Oxtail a and stew peas...omg. It is like
Orgasmic for your mouth.
^^^I want. I love food.Sleepy

Mexico

travel for me is food and experience. ......food, food, food!

In south america, Colombia Cartagena and the Rosario islands.

November I'm going back to Cartagena but also to Santa Marta
I plan on going to Medellin next year along with Peru

I want to go back to Europe next year too    

I was born in Boston, MA and I grew up in New Hampshire.  East and West Massachusetts are completely different.  I thoroughly recommend Boston.  It really depends on what you want to do.

New Hampshire is great for nature and shopping.  We have the White Mountains here and several outlets like North Conway.  Portsmouth (my hometown) is very historic.  It's best to go to New Hampshire during the summer.  There is Strawbery Banke, the Black Heritage Trail (a couple of my relatives are mentioned here), and across the boarder in Kittery, ME there are the Kittery Outlets, which is a very long road of outlet stores.  We also have great beaches--the best is Hampton Beach.  There is also Rye and across the way is York Beach in Maine.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

places i've lived in the US (no, i'm not in the militaryLOL):
chicago- born and raised
ann arbor/ypsilanti, MI
philadelphia area
maryland dc area
northern virginia
central new jersey
central Tennessee
west virginia

visited every state east of the mississippi river except for Maine, Vermont, CT, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Arkansas, Louisiana

have you been to rhode island??

Out west i've only been to missouri and cali

outside the US- montreal, bahamas, Jamaica, virgin islands, turks and caicos, dominican republic, barbados, st. kitts, antigua, and i'm probably forgetting others.. i only like english speaking like black countries, but i might try out the spanish speaking ones besides DR at some point

to do is france and spain next spring hopefully, but i'm not to fond of clear folks so i might do africa or the middle east instead.

can you elaborate on the red??!!Big smile

Edited by ModelessDiva - Aug 31 2013 at 11:32pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by jdoriginal jdoriginal wrote:

Born, raised, and educated in Kingston, Jamaica. And I still live here.

Lived in London for 2 years from '03 to '05

Spent a couple summers (3-4 months at a time) in NYC and other 2 to 4 week trips.

My dream destination is Rome Cry but that's when I recover from this grad school financial vortex.

i wanted to go but I heard from many websites and sources Kingston is very dangerous

made me not want to go anymore...is it really?Confused

i started looking at Montego bay

Kingston is many things all at once. This isn't Port-of-Spain where nowhere is safe. 

The overwhelming majority of violent crime in Kingston and MoBay is gang-related. Both organised crime and political/turf conflicts. And it's concentrated in the poorest ghettos of the city. Of course, there are domestic cases and other typical crime that you'd find in any major city.

Forh the most part, if you don't live in a bad neighbourhood and you nor your relatives aren't involved in wrongdoing, you'll be fine. I don't feel unsafe really but I know the place and I know how things work. 

To an outsider, even people who live in other parts of the island who aren't familiar with Kingston, it  can seem terrifying but how I've portrayed it is really how it is. 

Trinidadian born and bred. Everywhere in Port of Spain is NOT dangerous.Iit is pretty much as Kingtson was described  (ie crime is gang related for the most part and concentrated in the poorer neighbourhoods.)  If you are into eco-toursim and Carnival, TnT is the place to be.

I've been to:

Barbados
St. Vincent and the Grenadines (cruised the grenadines really)

NYC

England (lived there for 4 yrs)
Paris, France
Rome, Italy
Vienna, Austria

Sudan (lived)
Kenya
Uganda

Turkey

Really want to go SA, Tanzania, Netherlands and Brasil by the end of 2014.

please tell about the red!!Big smile

and I may visit trinidadSmile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by talia talia wrote:

In the U.S.
California - LA. I'm so over it, living here has been fun but I'm ready to leave
I've been mostly everywhere in the state of Calif.
New Mexico
Arizona
Colorado
what part of Colorado?

Oregon
Washington state
Maryland
Chicago
Virginia
how did you like Virginia?

Mass
and Massachusetts?

Vermont
New Hampshire

^^^Im also interested in hearing about these two

New Jersey
New York
Georgia
So Carolina - Charleston......loved it
New Orleans
Florida - do not like
Utah
what part of Utah?

Nevada
las vegas?

Paris loved it.
Budapest, Hungary - fun
Vienna, Austria (loved loved loved it)
Salzburg and Lindt Austria
Bavaria, Germany - the forest in the alps loved, loved, loved it!
The food, the beer gardens and men in lederhosen. What is not to like?
Dusseldorf and Munich, Germany. Loved it.
When in Germany one has got to do the castle tour...they are amazing.

Puerto Rico
Saint Thomas
Jamaica......the food omg. I could live off ackee and breadfruit along with blue mountain coffee. Oxtail a and stew peas...omg. It is like
Orgasmic for your mouth.
^^^I want. I love food.Sleepy

Mexico

travel for me is food and experience. ......food, food, food!

In south america, Colombia Cartagena and the Rosario islands.

November I'm going back to Cartagena but also to Santa Marta
I plan on going to Medellin next year along with Peru

I want to go back to Europe next year too    

I was born in Boston, MA and I grew up in New Hampshire.  East and West Massachusetts are completely different.  I thoroughly recommend Boston.  It really depends on what you want to do.

New Hampshire is great for nature and shopping.  We have the White Mountains here and several outlets like North Conway.  Portsmouth (my hometown) is very historic.  It's best to go to New Hampshire during the summer.  There is Strawbery Banke, the Black Heritage Trail (a couple of my relatives are mentioned here), and across the boarder in Kittery, ME there are the Kittery Outlets, which is a very long road of outlet stores.  We also have great beaches--the best is Hampton Beach.  There is also Rye and across the way is York Beach in Maine.

thank you!! I would like to see new Hampshire. sounds interesting
ive been to boston...its too big..i need a small nature-ry area

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 3:26am
i want to add japan to my travel list for next year.

id love to go vinyl shopping in japan
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 6:53am
On my way to the MLK memorial as I type
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 8:31am

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

have you been to rhode island??

can you elaborate on the red??!!Big smile

there was nothing in rhode island to write home about really, i didn't go there as a tourist i just found myself there for a couple of days because it's 30 minutes from where i was doing business in massachusetts and i was trying to avoid boston. it was sort of like ann arbor in in felt a lot like a big small town/suburb.

out of the islands in red turks and caicos is the best hands down. i say that because i am very particular about beaches and oceans and turks and caicos was the only island i've been to so far to get it right. as far as other things to do besides the beach, i enjoyed the virgin islands, bahamas and jamaica the best. st. kitts is a tiny island, nothing really of note except some of the historic sites. i didn't like the dominican republic, but i am not a fan of spanish speaking countries in general, so that might be why.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic