Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where all have you been

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 4:09am
Where i've been...that I actually didn't live there

Paris - Loved it.  I expected folks to treat me rudely but they didn't.  Not even in the outer areas where no one spoke english.  It was funny to see hood black folks speaking French.LOL  When you are in the city please look put together.  I got received so much better because I look put together.  I watched "Rude Americans" get turned away from certain eateries for what they were wearing.  Which was usually a Tshirt, jeans and sneakers.

New Orleans - This was when I was young.  I just remember that I loved the French Quarter but I hated the bugs when we were at someone's house in the swamps.

New York - I loved it but if I moved there I'd have to live in Manhattan or Brooklyn.  Fucc errything else.LOL

San Diego - Beautiful, sunny and blue

Where I have lived

LA/Manhattan Beach - you need a car and you can walk on the freeways the traffic is so bad.  The beaches are fun.  Venice, Santa Monica etc...  Hollyweird always a nice tourist spot but the homes up in The Hills are amazing.  Griffith Observatory....you can get an excellent view of the city and they have a huge telescope where you can really see the stars at night.

I lived in the Valleys but it ain't even worth putting as a destination spot.  According to my cousin...go to Burbank if you want to get on some lots for talk shows and game shows.

Boston - Love New England.  It helped me appreciate the different seasons the way Cali never could.  Plus there is alot of history here.

Looking at Tokyo's list just rammed home the fact that I need to go get my life.LOL
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 6:22am
We have such a small country yet traffic jams each day..even sometimes at night. Crazy.

Edited by Prazol60 - Aug 31 2013 at 6:23am
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 7:15am
damn if i never leave out of state one day ima cry Ermm

Edited by missunfoolish - Aug 31 2013 at 7:52am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 7:30am
i started to make a list... and it got too long

so i'll just make a list of whats in my diary

in a few weeks im going to the united arab emirates for the weekend, then kuala lumpur for two days and then australia, where i plan to do brisbane and sydney whilst situated in melbourne

big question mark on dubai again for new years

in march, cape town jazz fest and home during the same break

ive been invited to stay with a friend for trini carnival .. but i dont know if i'll have any more days left
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 11:14am
I been tryna get to carnival in Trinidad for years. My peeps are like wtf but errybody want me to come stay by dem.

Afro don't let me find out u gwan to carnival. I'll make my boy put my ticket on his card and harry up and get down dere. Baheee!
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 11:59am
Haven't traveled as much as I'd like to, but...

Won a trip to Jamaica.  Visited family in MN and Toronto.  Went to school in DC.  Vacationed in FL, PA and Vegas.  Trained in Lake Placid, NY.  Was in a wedding in Buffalo, NY (I live in NYC) and in NJ.  

Wow, I really haven't traveled...
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I been tryna get to carnival in Trinidad for years. My peeps are like wtf but errybody want me to come stay by dem.

Afro don't let me find out u gwan to carnival. I'll make my boy put my ticket on his card and harry up and get down dere. Baheee!

listen yeah ..

right now im tryna make it so my budget works, this isnt someone im a hundred percent cool with so id need a back up plan plus i dont want to turn up and then be compelled to pay for a ton of sh*t or have my sh*t goes if you know what im saying
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 1:00pm
In the U.S.
California - LA. I'm so over it, living here has been fun but I'm ready to leave
I've been mostly everywhere in the state of Calif.
New Mexico
Arizona
Colorado
Oregon
Washington state
Maryland
Chicago
Virginia
Mass
Vermont
New Hampshire
New York
New Jersey
Georgia
So Carolina - Charleston......loved it
New Orleans
Florida - do not like
Utah
Nevada

Paris loved it.
Budapest, Hungary - fun
Vienna, Austria (loved loved loved it)
Salzburg and Lindt Austria
Bavaria, Germany - the forest in the alps loved, loved, loved it!
The food, the beer gardens and men in lederhosen. What is not to like?
Dusseldorf and Munich, Germany. Loved it.
When in Germany one has got to do the castle tour...they are amazing.

Puerto Rico
Saint Thomas
Jamaica......the food omg. I could live off ackee and breadfruit along with blue mountain coffee. Oxtail a and stew peas...omg. It is like
Orgasmic for your mouth.
Mexico

travel for me is food and experience. ......food, food, food!

In south america, Colombia Cartagena and the Rosario islands.

November I'm going back to Cartagena but also to Santa Marta
I plan on going to Medellin next year along with Peru

I want to go back to Europe next year too    

Edited by talia - Aug 31 2013 at 1:42pm
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 1:27pm
I've only lived in Austin, San Antonio and Houston Texas and Baton Rouge-ish (a small town close to BR) Louisiana.

I've visited:
Pensacola, FL (don't bother) and Orlando, Fl (aka Disney World)

New York a whole lot (tons of family there) - nice, but not nice enough for me to live. Too many people there gave me a headache. But I like the people and the culture. 

CT

Philly

Maryland
Stillll haven't visited DC smh. I was suppose to but plans fell through.

Cleveland, Ohio for a summer. That summer was enough.

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities. So much to do there and you are guaranteed a good time each time you go. Great people and great food. Couldn't live there though.

San Diego, Los Angelos, Longbeach California. Great. I love beaches so anywhere with a beach is immediately great haha. Saw Gym Class Heroes filming their music video in Venice Beach. I stillll haven't learned how to surf. One of my goals.

London....ya people were rude as hell. I didn't care for it. Sad because I was looking forward to it.

Frankfurt, Germany was nice.

Nigeria -  Lagos is a fun city and Abuja is wonderful. People are nice and food is good I mean what else can you ask for? lol
I still need to visit more countries in Africa.

Puerto Rico is amazing. Beautiful beaches. The people are so friendly. I snorkeled for the first time in PR. Learned how to salsa haha. Their cultural dances are similar to Nigerian dances so it was fun to watch them. I had a great time.

I was suppose to go to Jamaica and Paris, but got too busy.

Edited by keepgrowing - Aug 31 2013 at 1:32pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Born in Spanish Town, Jamaica.

Connecticut, Florida, Toronto, Montreal, London, Brazil, Texas, Haiti, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Chicago, Las Vegas, Louisiana, Washington, Maine, Germany, New York, Italy, France, New Jersey, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Italy, France, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Mexico, other states in the US.

how were these two?

Edited by ModelessDiva - Aug 31 2013 at 1:56pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists