Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whenever you view beautiful, soulful Black art...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Whenever you view beautiful, soulful Black art...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 12:14am
Yes to me the art takes on meanings when I see the artist because sometimes its just exploitation, even when the artist is Black I like to hear what they say they mean even if its all subjective and IA with whomever said the gray scale pics all look the same the drawings are good thou
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 12:14am
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 12:23am

Some of his work is striking and some of it is creepy... and he has been made famous digitally painting little black children who he says are not real rather hybrids of his imagination
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 12:29am
It's all good till the artist open it's mouth
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 12:37am
I don't like this artwork at all..yt woman or not...
those eyes look scary in the first few pics..I wouldn't want that hanging on my wall...

But honestly to answer OP I would feel the same way I felt when I found out that line of bath products (afrikan republic?) was created by a yt man
creepy
I would lose some respect for the products...knowing who's behind it would make me view it in a different way...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 1:03am
i knew there was something subversive about this thread but it was confirmed with that group of pics with the massa depiction

How one could twist an excuse to post that 

nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 5:58am
She tried. I like how she captured the hairstyles. I wonder what her motivation is for drawing black people.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 9:06am
So do we want white people appreciating our beauty/culture or not? In what way is acceptable then?

It's like, we complain about not being featured enough in white media/everyday american culture, but then when we are, it's not good enough.

i'm not saying the aforementioned artist has the right intentions because I haven't researched her and am not familiar with her work. but it's like when lupita was named most beautiful by people, so many didn't like it. not trying to derail your thread OP. just thoughts
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic