Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When your boss/managers doesn't like you...

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NailtechDC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NailtechDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When your boss/managers doesn't like you...
    Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 9:26am
There is ALOT more to this story.  I've been on my job for 4 years.  The big boss who I will refer to as Direct A, does not like me.    She is the head director  of 4 different departments in my office.  And her close friend  Lady X, who  is the supervisor of the department that I was hoping to eventually move into,  does not like me either.   I also have an immediate supervisor who I get along with pretty well.    I've been going back in forth with these two women for the past 2 years.  It all started when they found out I was friends with a woman that they both do not like.   I had no idea that my friend was enemies with these two women until I moved into her department. 

All of our departments work closely together.  Our department is the first part of the process then our work goes to the lady X's  department for the final part---so our work is checked twice.    So whenever my friend or my work goes to Lady X's  department she nitpicks everything that we do. This woman is not my direct supervisor, but continually keeps calling me into Director A's office.   So hard for me to do my work because I'm obsessively checking everything to make sure I don't give her a reason to call me into her office.  But she will make it a point to find something.  

My friend left two months ago because it was causing her stress to the point that she started seeing a psychiatrist and had to get on medication.    My friend said she just couldn't work in that type of environment anymore and left the government altogether.  I'm a good worker.   Despite all this going on, I  get cash awards because my performance appraisals are always high.     Yes I have good benefits and the job is pretty stable but  I feel like i'm in a "stable" dead end job.  I have no chance of moving up here.  

I literally feel like I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown.  She called me into this lady's office again yesterday saying that I was not following procedure.  I had to remind them that they changed the procedure back in August of last year, I had the emails to prove it.  They did not remember any of it.  I asked her do I need to get my emails and she said no that's okay.  After they were done I just turned and said thank you and walked out the office.  It was time for me to leave.   I went straight to my car and started crying.  I'm so sick of these woman particularly this Lady X--who keeps trying to make me look bad.  

I've been trying to get into another agency and I'm having no luck.  I keep getting notices that say I'm qualified but I was not referred to the hiring manager.  The gov is so competitive.  I don't have an advanced degree and then I have to compete with people that get hiring preference--veterans,  peace corps, etc.   I can't afford to get my masters.  I can't risk getting more student loans and still can't find a good job.  

I can't imagine working with these two women for another 5 year....not even 1 more year.   And they are not going anywhere they both have been there for over 15 years.  One of them doesn't even have a degree at all.  She was in the gov back in the days when they had the upward mobility programs and would train you.  Those days are over in most agencies.  So she cracks me up when she says that we can't be trained on new areas or we are not owed a "grade" for years of service.  

I feel bad cause my family makes it seem like  the Government is where it's at.  They all make me feel crazy and say that I'm letting people run me out my job.  And If I leave I might never get back in.     I am miserable in the federal government .   I feel like just leaving an going back to doing nails full time.  

I have done everything to get along with these two women.  Has anyone dealt with a situation like this? 
Sponsored Links

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 9:50am
Keep trying to get a transfer.  If you still want to stay in the federal system, its a waiting game for sure.  I know it doesn't seem like it, but really govt jobs are considered dreamy because you are guaranteed great benefits/perks and its very very hard to get fired from them...that's why there's so much dead wood and idiots there.

Regular civilian jobs can't pay as well but atleast people tend to move more, and they get rid of crappy employees/managers faster.   If your mental health is at stake put that first by all means and kiss uncle sam good bye.

I'm kind of in the same situation--looking into transferring also.

Edited by Tbaby - Jul 12 2014 at 9:52am
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 9:52am
yes, I've been in extreme situations like that and have overcome it. my last manager had it out for me because we both (unknowing to me) dated the same man

1st things 1st--- pray! let God be your sword to clear all evil out. those hating managers are nothing but the devil! don't let him use you to get you out of your job. you don't leave until YOU are ready! never give evil power over you. nobody is untouchable

document everything. dates, times, quotes. when you get called into another nitpicking session, let ur coworkers know. use other people's mouths against them. just make a random comment to someone that "oh I have another meeting with the managers" people pick up on sh*t and will wonder why you are getting called off your job so much for them and wonder what the meetings are about. this will also be helpful because its another form of documentation that you had a meeting (someone else word) just in case they try to lie and say they don't have meetings with u

you will have to let it be known that whats going on is a nonproductive waste of company time and u feel ur being singled out
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 9:53am
*raises hand* Yes! I went through exactly EVERYTHING you just typed except I was being taken to HR. I placed phone calls with the Dept of Human Rights, EEOC and a lawyer. Document EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. From them saying good morning to good bye. I wrote down where we were, what they had on and what was talked about. have BOXES of documentation sitting and waiting. They blocked me from leaving the dept even when the director of the new dept put in a request. My direct manager told me I couldn't leave to go on medical leave unless it was 3 days and I was having a major surgery. HR had to get involved and my doctor. They would write me up for being 30 seconds early to work. Not having my computer fully booted up by 7 am , coming in 1 minute late. You name it I was wrote up for it. They wanted me to set people up to be fired at my job and I said no. Wrote up for that for not being a team player.

My advice: contact the dept in human rights, EEOC and any other place that will listen to you. You have to get it documented for other places outside of that company. I would say look for another job outside of there and stay prayed up. I was seeing black and was on the verge of snapping. I had it planned. I was gone choke the 1 chick until she couldn't breath anymore and stab my manager with the scissors. HR might help you but they didn't do nothing for me. They were waiting for me when I came back on medical leave at the front door. He told me I was fired but HR told me I was impacted due to the dept downsizing. I was paid a HEFTY severance due to my lawyer started contacting them about my medical leave while I was gone. I was the only 1 providing but it all worked out. I found a job 2 months later making more than all of them.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 12:06pm
I see that they keep incompetent people in jobs and its truly a waiting game. Its sad the govt allows people like this to work for them and waste their time and money cause they got in a do the minimum necessary
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:43pm
Leave.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:33pm
good luck OP. I agree about documentation.

I worked at a place where the pres. of my dept. didn't like me but my clients did, so she couldn't  let me go. I actually had planned to resign but stayed longer than I intended to because I knew she didn't like me. 

I don't advise that tho since it sounds like you're under stress.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jul 12 2014 at 7:35pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair