Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

When you relax your new growth...

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When you relax your new growth...
    Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:07pm
...what makes the rest of your hair behave? I stretch for 6 months at a time and by the 4th month my hair gets so kinky it looks natural! Even after I blowdry it. It gets tangled easily and even gets single strand knots. My ponytail looks more like a puff. When I relax my hair, I protect the length of my hair with both a thick conditioner and castor oil and I never overprocess. After the process my hair is tangle free, has flow and all that. But why do my relaxed ends only behave this way right after a relaxer? I'm curious. Though I do have some theories but I want to hear what you guys think. I hope this isn't a stupid question.
Sponsored Links

yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:05am
I'm pretty sure it's because curly hair tangles more easily and tangles affect all the hair under it. for example, lets say their is a tangle in the mid length of a strand. all the hair under that strand will also be affected and the hair over the tangled strand won't be affected. that's why when you comb your hair you're suppose to start from the ends to the top. so when we get new growth, the tangles that form affect the hair under it. 
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:25pm
Do you deep condition your hair regularly? If not than that's likely a factor. 
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:09pm
oh, wait. I think I misread your post. if you're talking about why your relaxed hair gets a wave to it, it's because it's following the curl-coil of the new growth. this usually happens to short hair and not long hair because of the weigh. I'm not sure of all the science involved though.
Yellowbeauty22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellowbeauty22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 9:46am
Okay so everyone obviously "relaxes" their hair for different reasons. Ive been getting mine relaxed since i was about 14 so when i TRIED the whole natural thing i could not take it!! My hair was soooo thick. And i didnt have the knowledge to continue transitioning nor the patience lol. But Ive noticed when i relax mine that some areas get really poofy and frizz looking while other areas look soft and curly. The whole reason i relax is for easier maintenance!! Straight or curly i like the texture of my hair when its relaxed. Still tryna figure out the exact curl pattern and texture of my hair so i can maintain it when i do wash and leave it curly. Still learning my hair..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply