Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

When someone offends you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When someone offends you?
    Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:56pm
Do you tell them or let it go? How often? I know sometimes people say and do things that you take personal sometimes it is personal sometimes its not but it still hurts the same...
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:00pm
i give them a total of 3 times to do it before i say something...that way i know im not over thinking or being petty.

If I bring it to their attention and my concerns are brushed off, i wait once more then either drop them or i go off depending on how much energy im willing to invest...
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:05pm
If im hurt i let them know right then...i use to hold things in and get fed up then blow up so to avoid all of that i say how i feel no matter what thier intentions was.

Edited by rell85 - Aug 25 2014 at 9:06pm
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Do you tell them or let it go? How often? I know sometimes people say and do things that you take personal sometimes it is personal sometimes its not but it still hurts the same...

I am at a point in my life, depending on how bad you offend me I will just cut you off
I ain't got time to go back and forth with you
I have goals and plans and sheit and arguing with you ain't in my plan 
I ain't big on arguing it is just easier to x people out
it's 18 million people in my state, a bish can be replaced real easy

Edited by AwesomeAries - Aug 25 2014 at 9:30pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:15pm
i'm far from touchy/sensitive but i don't tolerate blatant disrespect. i don't know how to bite my tongue anymore. 

this applies to people i have to deal with on a regular basis. strangers are usually ignored. usually. 

Edited by noneyons - Aug 25 2014 at 9:16pm
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:24pm
I typically address it as soon as it comes out of their mouth.. I'm not offended that easily, but usually it's more so a sense of entitlement someone has.. or if someone misinterprets something about me

Ex. yesterday a friend told me last minute that she was coming over, and was being dropped off.. then wanted me to take her to her fav restaurant to pick up some food she's been craving. I was in the middle of cooking and told her if I take her, it'll have to wait some hours. So she was on the phone with a friend and jokingly/seriously saying how long it was taking me... so I set the situation straight quickly.. and she knew she was wrong.

that kind of stuff.. my part usually starts with "Bitch..."
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i give them a total of 3 times to do it before i say something...that way i know im not over thinking or being petty.

If I bring it to their attention and my concerns are brushed off, i wait once more then either drop them or i go off depending on how much energy im willing to invest...

Yeah most people don't get to the 3rd strike.......
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:26pm

Im not a super sensitive person so you would have to be doing the absolute most to actually offend me...

But it depends on our relationship...how long ive known them...and how close they are to me...

If I know they truly meant no harm, ill side eye them but i will let it slide. If they continue it though.....it aint nun to cut that....off....

I dont tolerate for one second...people who dont know how to control themselves and the words that come out of their mouths.

And if I can tell they had ill intent from the start...ill either let them go immediately if I have no ties to them...or step back a little and see if they will own up to what they said...if they dont they will be let go.

Some people know exactly what they are doing.

Edited by ModelessDiva - Aug 25 2014 at 9:33pm
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:49pm
Set boundaries early. It's very important.

I made the mistake with some of family members, past friends and my last job by putting up with disrespect and it's a lose lose situation when you so not put a stop to it. I always rationalized their behaviors claiming sensitivity and giving ppl the benefit of the doubt. Don't. You have the right to feel comfortable.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:50pm
If someone offends me most of the time after the first chance I notice that this sh*t is on replay I flip that sh*t right around and give them the look like who's gonna check me BOO.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic