Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWhen Plopping/Plunking..........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Black Pearl 18 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: When Plopping/Plunking..........
    Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 10:28am

Do I need to leave my hair wrapped up until my hair is dry?  My curls aren't popping (near the top of my head) like the pictures I have seen.

TIA
Sponsored Links

UrbanLegend View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 11:57am
well, when you plopp/plunk where do you place your hair? I found that hair placement, and the type of material you use makes a difference.

I have about 1/2 yard of t-shirt material cut in a wide long strip (you may be about to just cut it in half) . I place my hair so the plopp is centered at the top of my head. I stretch the material down and I twist it in a turban or a knot in the back.

Normally I either let the hair dry like that (I admit I will do it the night before and just go to sleep. ) Or I try to keep in on for about an hour and dry my hair with a diffuser.

OP, are you using a denman brush before you plopp?
cutescorpio View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 12:46pm
nevermind...i dont know I was thinkin about.....carry on

Edited by cutescorpio - Apr 02 2009 at 12:48pm
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 1:19pm
my hair is too short for that

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 1:29pm
No I don't use the brush.  I've been using one of those turbin twisty things.  Should I brush first and use an old tee shirt?  Thanks Urban Legend!
UrbanLegend View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 2:10pm

the brush helped me. Before when I would comb the hair out and then plopp, I didn't see the big deal. After the ladies here turned me on to denman brushes, I started brushing the hair in small sections using some regular conditioner. After I sealed with oil I would plopp... the difference was like night and day.

kology07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 4:39pm
I did brush the hair before I p/p.  I also made sure that I pulled all of the hair to the top before twisting(basically in the center of the towel).  I also had to find the right height for me to bend over to make sure that the m/f towel is tight.  I never let my hair dry in the twist.  I hope this helps.  If you look at my HCMR fotki you can see the results. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 10:17pm
Thanks guys, I'll try this again in the morning!  I'll try and post pics of the results.
GA SonShyne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 10:44pm
OK here is what you do, I have been doing it for years!!

Flip your head over, hair hanging down. IF using a TSHIRT, lay it on the toilet seat and bend down over and let tips of your hair hit the tshirt and lift the tshirt upward. YOU WANT YOUR CURLS TO KID ON ACCORDIAN TO YOUR SCALP. (you want them piled on top of your head once you stand rightsideup. Then you just twist the sides of the tshirt making sure that NONE of your curls are caught up in the twisted shirt. The curls need to be piled on top of your head. I never leave my hair plopped/plunked for more than 1hour unless I have decided to do it overnite ( and I will have to rewet my leave out to blend.

If usinf the TURBAN. I flip my head over and put the rounded part of the turban at the back of my head and then I PUSH ALL OF MY CURLS BACK TO MY HEAD(on top, same as before) ANd then I take the twisty part and twist it up and secure it.

I put all my product on prior to plunk/plopping and the only thing I will do afterwards is a lil something if my edges are unruly.

THIS IS WHAT WORKS FOR MY HAIR!!!
Vonnie732 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2009 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by GA SonShyne GA SonShyne wrote:

OK here is what you do, I have been doing it for years!!

Flip your head over, hair hanging down. IF using a TSHIRT, lay it on the toilet seat and bend down over and let tips of your hair hit the tshirt and lift the tshirt upward. YOU WANT YOUR CURLS TO KID ON ACCORDIAN TO YOUR SCALP. (you want them piled on top of your head once you stand rightsideup. Then you just twist the sides of the tshirt making sure that NONE of your curls are caught up in the twisted shirt. The curls need to be piled on top of your head. I never leave my hair plopped/plunked for more than 1hour unless I have decided to do it overnite ( and I will have to rewet my leave out to blend.

If usinf the TURBAN. I flip my head over and put the rounded part of the turban at the back of my head and then I PUSH ALL OF MY CURLS BACK TO MY HEAD(on top, same as before) ANd then I take the twisty part and twist it up and secure it.

I put all my product on prior to plunk/plopping and the only thing I will do afterwards is a lil something if my edges are unruly.

THIS IS WHAT WORKS FOR MY HAIR!!!

that makes so much sense!!! i never understood what it was....LOL
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic