Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When nothing in your life works out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 6:00pm
But I understand what you're saying. I have to tone it down and remain calm. I don't know to what extent it's gonna help and I'm looking for another job (crossing my fingers that I find something before I get canned

Clap you get!! yep you should have reported the other to HR. she would have told on you....
 don't let them get away w anything you feel is wrong. they would have you out w their cousin or friend  in your position.
you being silent make them feel comfortable to say things they shouldn't get away with.
when they do you go to HR & sing like a canary!!! then you smile like Cheshire cat!
I've always been the only black girl. its ok  maybe EEOC worked in my favor but I know what have to do to keep my job if I want it. stay professional confront the lies professionally.
keep notes, dates, comments & copies privately( at your home)
if you leave w problems. you will get a bad referral no one will hire you. this is suppose to be illegal but we know they talk & we can't prove it.
  you know their game &  play it to your advantage.....

stay the course- Ronald Regan
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 6:09pm
@Kaai: Yeah, I know I should have reported it right away. I could kick myself. My reasoning at the time is that I wouldn't be believed without witnesses (that particular manager has 2 black guys and 3 asians on her team and she's obviously gay. I figured I needed to keep my energy to fight off my collegue that is trying to sink me (although now my boss is covering for her and acting up with me instead). I will remain calm from now on. But I don't expect a personal reference from them. At best, it will be the standard HR procedure where the only thing the divulge to a prospective employer is how long you've been working there. And employers know this usually means you couldn't get direct references...
Anyways, thanks for the advice. I've ALWAYS been the only one as well, and not just the only black female, usually I'm the only black period. This time around, there are two other dudes in another department (working for the racist bytch I was referencing) but I notice they stay mad late after work trying to prove themselves (I know because I stay late too). Always have to do twice as much

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Dec 08 2012 at 6:09pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:37pm

insurance companies use business analysts, all kinds of analysts

and there are short certification courses that you can take to make yourself more confident with the material, processes, project management, best practices in analysis etc

kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:53pm
thanks for the tip.... 
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:29am
I nEeded this thread.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:33am
I nEeded this thread.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:32am
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

I nEeded this thread.

What's going on with you, PRnena?

PS: I feel a little better today. Spent the past few days at the height of anxiety and not sleeping, but I'm picking myself back up. Must be the green smoothies, lol. I realize now I even responded to my own damn self in a post on here!

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Dec 11 2012 at 10:34am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:35am
Good Jolie! I'm glad to hear that...life is all about peeks and valley's...super duper big E-hug!!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Good Jolie! I'm glad to hear that...life is all about peeks and valley's...super duper big E-hug!!

Hug Right back at ya!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System