Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

When nothing in your life works out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Business Analysts write a lot of documentation and the ability to translate would be a plus

IT would have a lot of translation needs for requirements, functional specs, runbooks, project planning, operating procedures to name a few ... huge amount of documentation

we're brainstorming

I know. and I appreciate it. These are for specialized translators though. You just don't become an IT translator or a business/legal translator overnight. Oftentimes, these people have worked in those careers themselves before making a switch to translation. My specialty is insurance. Except that I keep getting blackballed by that former boss. Mind you, ideally, I would love to be able to translate more creative material. But like I said, it's about who you know
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:30pm
I totally understand the feeling like a failure thing and that there's no way out of it. I'm younger than you (26). I'm a college grad and yet I am in a situation right now where I literally cannot take care of myself. All my friends have masters degrees, are working in their fields, are doing well financially, are healthy, and have good relationships. I...have none of those things. I have some really really bad days. 

So please don't take me throwing ideas at you as lack of sensitivity (not that you said I was being insensitive, I just don't want you to think I am). It's the way I cope...focusing on action steps. Just keep looking for unconventional ways to get where you want to be. Don't write off any idea or possibility until you've tried it. Reading inspirational things really helps me as well (a good blog I've found is The Art of Nonconformity).

You're gonna make it happen. I believe that.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I totally understand the feeling like a failure thing and that there's no way out of it. I'm younger than you (26). I'm a college grad and yet I am in a situation right now where I literally cannot take care of myself. All my friends have masters degrees, are working in their fields, are doing well financially, are healthy, and have good relationships. I...have none of those things. I have some really really bad days. 

So please don't take me throwing ideas at you as lack of sensitivity (not that you said I was being insensitive, I just don't want you to think I am). It's the way I cope...focusing on action steps. Just keep looking for unconventional ways to get where you want to be. Don't write off any idea or possibility until you've tried it. Reading inspirational things really helps me as well (a good blog I've found is The Art of Nonconformity).

You're gonna make it happen. I believe that.

On the contrary, I appreciate any ideas/input you have. I've been in your situation as well, right after college. It's rough and it can leave you depleted. I studied communications/journalism and couldn't get anywhere. Which is why I turned to translation. But since it was impossible for me to get any work without experience in my city, I had to uproot myself to Toronto. Did a few years there, got the experience and a translation degree and then came back home to this shyt. So I know how it feels. The biggest struggle is keeping depression at bay because a situation like this can make you feel powerless. I think I need to read up on inspirational material myself cause right now, I'm going down...
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:54pm
Good luck Jolie - things will pick up. I promise. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

Good luck Jolie - things will pick up. I promise. 

Thanks Zsaza
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 2:59pm
Would you prefer to work from home? I heard there are some translator jobs that can be done from home
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Right now, it's job related but all the other factors apply.
I sense that I'm about to be laid off. YET AGAIN. And I'm sick of it. I try so hard to maintain a proper career in my field but it seems like wherever I go, I'm not accepted. Got this job a few months ago and was doing relatively fine but now some things that have been said to me/cues are leading me to believe that my past at my previous job is tainting their opinion of me (I had a really bitchy boss before and I believe that she knows my current boss, from some of the remarks she's been throwing at me lately.

Plus I have a manipulator on my team and a racist manager from another departement giving me problems and I've been there done that before. It seems like I always lose to these people, no matter how unfair the situation and I'm just TIRED.

So leave. If your job is the root of your downward spiral then that needs to be the area that you focus on to change. Everything else will fall into place.....
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 3:56pm
I read the thread title and instantly started singing this songLOL. Hope it helps, at least for a moment.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

I read the thread title and instantly started singing this songLOL. Hope it helps, at least for a moment.

LOLLOLLOLLOL That was cute. Now I know what the girl in your siggy is jammin' to
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Right now, it's job related but all the other factors apply.
I sense that I'm about to be laid off. YET AGAIN. And I'm sick of it. I try so hard to maintain a proper career in my field but it seems like wherever I go, I'm not accepted. Got this job a few months ago and was doing relatively fine but now some things that have been said to me/cues are leading me to believe that my past at my previous job is tainting their opinion of me (I had a really bitchy boss before and I believe that she knows my current boss, from some of the remarks she's been throwing at me lately.

Plus I have a manipulator on my team and a racist manager from another departement giving me problems and I've been there done that before. It seems like I always lose to these people, no matter how unfair the situation and I'm just TIRED.

So leave. If your job is the root of your downward spiral then that needs to be the area that you focus on to change. Everything else will fall into place.....

I'm trying to. I'm looking at job offers on employment web sites. But it's not that easy. The last time I lost my job, I remained unemployed for 3 years, which prompted me to work from home. You don't just snap your fingers and get a job in your line of work just like that. I wish it were that simple
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>