BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

When nothing in your life works out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I didn't see the rest of the posts until now

If you're feeling like you may have another bout of depression, make an appointment with your doctor.   Maybe getting the jump on it before you're overwhelmed with stave off a deep depression.

JP you admit you do impeccable work and your past doesn't really matter, you are creating your own relationship with this new boss/coworkers.  Manipulators eventually hang themselves, given enough rope.   As far as you know now, you are not laid off.   If you want to start fresh, you can look for another job but as of today you are not laid off.

I beg to differ. What they do is after months of praising your work, something changes in their attitude towards you and they start to find fault in the little things. And next thing you know, they pretend that they are laying you off because they are eliminating the position (which is not true, they always need translators at companies. I live in Quebec. I really feel that racism is a strong component of this.

About the depression, I'm seeing my psychologist on Thursday

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Dec 08 2012 at 1:09pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Hug

Thanks for the hug, Jewel. I really want to have a good cry but I'm the type of person that has a hard time letting tears out. So I get all sorts of psychosomatic manifestations instead...

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Dec 08 2012 at 1:08pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:11pm

my posts are out of wack, I'm getting breakfast/lunch together

all of this is going to work itself out to your benefit, all of this manager wrangling and racism and general crap at work is going to work itself out to your benefit

how is irrelevant at this point

I totally get you on feeling tired.   Don't waste anymore energy that you don't have into worrying about how these people are going to one up you ... just watch this whole thing play out to your eventual benefit and that might mean that one trouble ring leader gets another job/gets fired, someone cool and influential gets hired, just might be another job for you

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:14pm
@Ricky: I hope so. I'm searching on job sites for a new job. Not much out there in my field at the moment. I want to break away. I just hope it won't be the same old same old if I do find something new. There's been a pattern here
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:16pm

have you thought about consulting/contracting JP?

you could avoid depending on one employer, you could have several and you wouldn't necessarily have to be on site

might change the dynamic for the better, for you

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:18pm

have you thought about consulting/contracting JP?

you could avoid depending on one employer, you could have several and you wouldn't necessarily have to be on site

might change the dynamic for the better, for you

That's what I did for the last 2 1/2 years or so before taking on this current job. Things were going well at first but then I experienced a sharp drop in contracts. It's hard out there for freelance translator, the market is saturated and they want to impose ridiculous fees that a lot are willing to accept because they are desperate. I liked working from home and being my own boss but after a while the contracts weren't plentiful enough and I had a hard time making ends meet
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:21pm

go ahead and CRY!!!!  Get it out!!!!

not the dainty dab the corner of your eyes cry .... that ugly cry where you can't breathe LOL

the last time I cried I was watching a movie and started crying over it and then ended up crying over a whole lot of other stuff I didn't even know was bothering me

crying is like a weigh getting lifted isn't it

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:32pm

seems like there would be so much content that would need to be translated from English to French and vice versa 

I would think high proficiency in both french and english would be very marketable in a lot of jobs ... is there something else you could see yourself doing

forget about the education, experience and what not but just something that you would see yourself happy doing

or is there high demand for a particular type of job where you live?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:33pm

go ahead and CRY!!!!  Get it out!!!!

not the dainty dab the corner of your eyes cry .... that ugly cry where you can't breathe LOL
LOLLOLLOLLOL I've been working on letting my emotions out more. I'm a repressed person and I have a hard time with it because of the way I was raised. But the few times when I did, it was definitely a release. I actually been tryin' to force it yesterday, lol. The best I could do is get a little bit misty.

the last time I cried I was watching a movie and started crying over it and then ended up crying over a whole lot of other stuff I didn't even know was bothering me

crying is like a weigh getting lifted isn't it

RedFoxx View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:33pm
This is only the 2nd place...I think youre being hard on yourself...im more ashamed of my job number than some people are of their body count

I have no advice but I have been there...it was me tho...I would go in all gung ho but the fact was I had no intention on keeping these jobs and I acted like it...the last place I worked at was like a "team/family" thing where getting personal was expected....well im not really like that...so...yeah...im not there anymore...

I just put that ish in the pile with alllllll the rest of the jobs I couldnt seem to keep and kept it moving...I dont take or havent taken any of the jobs ive had personally (or seriously for that matter..yikes)...my love life/personal life is much more likely to make me feel like everythings going wrong...definitely not a job...man fcuk dem Brothas man...

Do you really like the field youre in or the job you do???
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>