Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

When is EXACTLY is the best time to trim hair?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
cat empress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat empress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When is EXACTLY is the best time to trim hair?
    Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 6:41am
Hi, everybody. I am Cat Empress, a new user to this site and fairly new to my natural hair. After a loooong period of letting others do my hair (salons and my mother who isn't so bad but just braids really tight) and experiencing and overcoming some mishaps (hair breakage, hair loss, bald spots, the whole nine) I decided to take control of my mane myself. I am very excited to see if I can encourage and maintain MY own hair growth and healthiness and all that jazz! Wish me luck!

I have a question about trimming the ends of my hair (I trim them by twisting my hair first and trimming the ends - just fyi). I have just taken down my yarn braids after two months and I am very, very desperately in need of a trim for my ends, however I am confused as to when to trim them - before or after I treat my hair? By treating my hair I mean, hot oil treatment, washing and conditioning (& detangling) my hair, and deep conditioning, rinse and blow-dry. I am thinking I should trim them afterwards, but I'd like some advice from some natural hair veterans so I can be sure. 

Thank you!

Edited by cat empress - Jan 13 2014 at 6:49am
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:58pm
I am not sure if there are any hard and fast rules as far as treatments go. I usually just clip off only strands with split ends. I don't do a fill trim.
Hope you get a more definitive answer soon cat empress

french_vanilla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_vanilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 11:45pm
I'd say before, no sense wasting all that effort on ends that are gonna get cut off anyway. Also, maybe it'll help to seal the new ends, doing all that after your trim? I dunno, but generally if its something good for my hair I'll trim first but if it's bad (bleaching etc) I'll trim after.
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 9:54pm
i personally don't think it would make any difference at all. 
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 9:56pm
good point, french vanilla! i didn't even think about it like that, but now that i think about it, i do the same. without even realizing it. like when i flat iron i usually trim my ends after i've fried my hair lol not before. kinda my way of nixing the damage factor. 
rohanjain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohanjain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:33am
Hello! It is very easy so that's why you can trim your hair after few weeks at home.With this you can cut rough hair .Wash your hair then cut the ends.
Belloavenue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belloavenue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 5:07am
You can trim your if you want,if you are expert you can do this at your home otherwise you can contact to any hair care saloon.In saloon there are expert for such kind of treatment.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic