Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When did you become more spiritually aware??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Been saying my prayers from the time I could talk. 
At 8 yrs old I asked God for my first desire. Got it in 2 days. It was HUGE and damn near impossible. But I really did believe he could do it, and he did. 

would you mind telling what that wish was?
sometimes I ask God for things like, "should I still give this person a chance?" or "if it's a good thing give me a signal" and so on and he replies but only if I'm really listening.

Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 2:18am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Been saying my prayers from the time I could talk. 
At 8 yrs old I asked God for my first desire. Got it in 2 days. It was HUGE and damn near impossible. But I really did believe he could do it, and he did. 

would you mind telling what that wish was?
sometimes I ask God for things like, "should I still give this person a chance?" or "if it's a good thing give me a signal" and so on and he replies but only if I'm really listening.

It was to see my father whom I'd not seen nor spoken to for many many years, and whom lived on a different continent from I. On my second night of bitter tears and crying, my mother yelled to me that I had a visitor at the gates. I asked who it was, and she said, your father!!!!! I'd tumbled down the stairs with excitement and bruised my hips pretty bad. He showed up out of nowhere, he out of the blue booked a flight and came straight to see me from the airport. 

On the subject of hearing from God, In my experience, God talks to us from deep inside. When God instructs, it is usually a very specific and to the point instruction. It comes suddenly, and usually when I am quiet, I find. 
Shortly after this instruction, the accuser will come with a half truth question similarly constructed like 'Did God really say you should not eat of every tree in the garden?' so as to sway you from the instructions that will benefit you. 
As you develop a relationship with him, you hear him clearer because you are closer. He speaks at the same volume, but when you are far away from him, obviously your hearing will be off--you may hear incorrectly and cause a lot of chaos. This is when many of us go on an ego trip and curse God saying, oh he doesn't listen, he's not there, he's not real etc.

I must note that now that I completely rebuke the enemy, he rarely comes to me with his sly half truth questions after God's instruction. I suspect that he may have given up on me by now. 

On the contrary, silence can be a great tool. Sometimes God is silent on purpose. This is usually for growth. if we were fed all the answers, we'd never learn anything. Other times he is silent because what we're asking for will hurt us more than help us. Being merciful, he sees this and doesn't give us what we think we need. Again, we go on an ego trip and curse God. 
Keeping on this way, we'd never get close to the living God. 

God is such a gentleman. He gets bashed on a daily by millions, and he still is not moved to come down in all his glory and put mofos in their place. A true example of ego-less. 

I find the best way to have a union with God is to deny the ego. I ask for all things according to his will only, as I trust that he gives (or not give) all things for my good, and the good of everyone involved better than I ever could. Sometimes if I've not been spending enough time with him my hearing may be off, and I'll go back to him and share my concerns again, this time making sure to remove myself from 'blockers' [things/people who prevent sound hearing from God]

Sorry for the long winded response. Wait, no I'm not. I love an opportunity to talk about God. Embarrassed
All glory to the most high God, The God of Israel. 

Edited by Derri - Dec 31 2012 at 2:36am
exoticmami06 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exoticmami06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:16am
spiritually- during/after a very dark period in my life
racially- when i learned what Hitler was really about, and his true goal (this applies spiritually as well).

Edited by exoticmami06 - Dec 31 2012 at 3:27am
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:33am
Originally posted by exoticmami06 exoticmami06 wrote:

spiritually- during/after a very dark period in my life
racially- when i learned what Hitler was really about, and his true goal (this applies spiritually as well).

and what did you think that was?
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:47am
Racially, geesh I've been Black all my life so I have always been 'aware' of my race. But all that bitter crap about being Black in a White mans world, the jealously and hatred and uglyness ... never had it.

My mother raised us with self - esteem so I didn't have to run around in circles stamping my feet .. complaining about 'life' not being fair for me as a Black person. I knew people spouting that racial conciousness over 40 years ago ... and their lives did not amount to a hill of beans. Nothing. Still unhappy and complaining while all the rest of us have gotten an education, a decent job and are off living a happy, fruitful life. DUH!!! Get over it.Confused

I say - stop waiting for White people to give you the self-esteem your parents shoud have given you .. because you will be waiting...  the whole of your life. Read a book - seek therapy.

The spirituality thing hee hee! I was raised a strict Roman Catholic. I think I have experienced enough of that mumbo jumbo by age 13 .. to last me a lifetime.Ouch

I say - stop looking outside yourself to find VALUE .. look on the inside .. because all that other crap  - in the end ... l does not amount to anything.Thumbs Down
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 2:52pm
@Derri: that's amazing!

@Becky: you're soooo right! There are so many people out there talking about living in the enemies' turf, talking about this being the white's man world but they never try to even prove to themselves that they have any worth.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123