Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

When did you become more spiritually aware??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:51pm
lol it came by way of traumatic experiences but I'm thankful nonetheless.

Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:58pm
Spiritually aware when I was 23

Race:: Middle school
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 8:02pm
Racially, in high school but no one understood where I was coming from when I would try to have discussions about it.   I have younger cousin who is also very aware and we have the best conversations concerning race and religion.  I was a non-christian for many years before I visited the church that I currently attend and it changed my life around completely.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 8:55pm
Been saying my prayers from the time I could talk. 
At 8 yrs old I asked God for my first desire. Got it in 2 days. It was HUGE and damn near impossible. But I really did believe he could do it, and he did. 
Definitely encourage my faith. 
Had a very interesting spiritual journey since. At 13,14 yrs old I had lots of questions, lots of tears, lot of fear.  Now I'm rock solid in the God of Israel. We have a great relationship: He talks to me, I can hear him, I listen and follow his instruction. I talk to him, he listens, he acts swiftly. I've got the whole host of Heaven behind me. Can't none shake me. I have no fear, and I am constantly provoked by the fear bearer. 

It was bitter in my mouth, but it's sweet in my belly. 

ETA: I was born in a country that was on the brink of racial political separation at the time I was born.
Been aware of my race and how resources are unequally divided by them from about 7 yrs old. 
Came to North America and met the enemy face to face in my early teens. 

Edited by Derri - Dec 30 2012 at 9:05pm
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Been saying my prayers from the time I could talk. 
At 8 yrs old I asked God for my first desire. Got it in 2 days. It was HUGE and damn near impossible. But I really did believe he could do it, and he did. 
Definitely encourage my faith. 
Had a very interesting spiritual journey since. At 13,14 yrs old I had lots of questions, lots of tears, lot of fear.  Now I'm rock solid in the God of Israel. We have a great relationship: He talks to me, I can hear him, I listen and follow his instruction. I talk to him, he listens, he acts swiftly. I've got the whole host of Heaven behind me. Can't none shake me. I have no fear, and I am constantly provoked by the fear bearer. 

It was bitter in my mouth, but it's sweet in my belly. 

ETA: I was born in a country that was on the brink of racial political separation at the time I was born.
Been aware of my race and how resources are unequally divided by them from about 7 yrs old. 
Came to North America and met the enemy face to face in my early teens. 
The bolded made me shout "THAT'S RIGHT" out loud in my living roomLOL
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:22pm
LOL
All glory to the most high God, YHWH, the God of Israel. 

Edited by Derri - Dec 30 2012 at 10:22pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:26pm
Race: 7/8th grade. I was one of the very few black kids in school, after moving back from AZ, I came to NC, and found out I was not black enough for a lot of students. I knew it was BS but it made me more aware of things.

Spiritual: I don't know.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:30pm
My mother actively participated in the Civil Rights Movement and the movement is ongoing according to her (and I agree).  I was always aware of my heritage.  She actually used to go to different elementary schools throughout the county when I was little during Black History Month for a day or up to a whole week and read stories, teach and tell her own stories about growing up in the segregated south.  She's such an amazing story teller too.  So I was always aware of my blackness.  Even as a toddler people wouldn't believe my dad was my dad because he LS and I'm DS and he was so proud of me lol

I was raised Baptist.  My dad always seemed to be somewhat irritated by "the church" but always encouraged me to "read the Bible for yourself."  When I finally did.  I had to do it 2 or 3 times.  I was shocked and amazed at all that was left out in Sunday School and church.  I was shocked and amazed to read the heart of God rather than about the wrath of God and His rules.  I was overwhelmed beyond words at the abundant life He has for me and every single person who will accept His offer.  Truly learning what the Kingdom of Heaven is changed my life.  I think I was in my late teens, maybe 19 when I read it cover to cover the first time.  All I can say is there's a good change God is not who you think He is, in a good way.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:37pm
Race: probably around age 3. Dad made sure we were aware early. He took us to protests and explained everything to us. My grandfather was an activist.

Religion: I don't know if I ever really believed even tho I grew up in a very religious family (extremely). I questioned everything and got into trouble with Sunday School teachers because of it.  
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:41pm
It's an ongoing thing for me. Sometimes I become highly aware of my bad behavior or bad thoughts and realize that I shouldn't be that way.
I remember when I was a teen, I would go to Mass by myself during the week. Then I stopped. I have no idea why I even started.
Then again around 19 I started going to church. Not during mass, but anytime I could. I would sit far from anyone and just pray in my head. It really bothered me that the security guard there watched me. No, he wasn't a racist, he was dark skinned like me; I guess he found it weird that a young woman was by herself at the church, during the day, instead of doing God-knows-what that man thought I should be doing.
Some people are so judgmental! You do it wrong, you're bad; you do it right, it's weird.

I also started reading the New Testament around 18. I read the whole thing and restarted a few years later. I probably have read it about 2-3 times.
But that didn't make me a better person, just made me understand what God was talking about. I believe the bible was changed to please whoever was in the power, because sometimes it has good advice but most of it just makes you feel guilty and scared of death and the Final Judgement.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic