Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When did you become more spiritually aware??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When did you become more spiritually aware??
    Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:09pm
This thread is not to incite anything negative. I was curious. There are a lot of different opinions regarding spirituality on this board. I was just wondering when did you begin to become more aware of your spirituality or lack of it( for those who don't believe in this BUT you may have been surrounded by family members or people who taught you believe in a certain way-when did you break away from the status quo?)

I feel that I am only now coming to that point of being more spiritually aware as I question certain things in our society and try to understand a lot of other things while I know others may have come to their own personal revelation in their teen years.

I also wanted to know when did you become more self-aware about your race as well. I realize that many black people just believe what they are taught about their history in school( usually middle and high school), but do not really know how it all affects them today or why they should even care about what is going on in their community. For those who feel more in tune( or connected) with the affairs of black people, when did you become interested? Was it from school teachings, your family, or just own personal experiences?Smile

Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:11pm

when I was 8
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:15pm
when my mom died and during my time on bh.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:24pm
when i stopped feeling bad about certain things in regards to religion/spirituality.

also letting go and forgiving myself and others for past wrongs.

racially? it started when I was in college and took a religion class and Af. Am. course in the same semester. 
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:26pm
I didn't become self aware about my race until I joined BHM
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:26pm
3 lifetimes ago.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:27pm
I became more spiritually conscious within the last 2 years.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:29pm
I didn't become aware of my history (moreso African affairs) until my senior year of high school. I remember my teacher showed Hotel Rwanda and it opened my eyes. Before that time I can't say that I was unaware, I just didn't care.

I don't think I'm really spiritually aware. I'm aware that something's missing in my life, but IDK..
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:30pm
Around 10-11.

Race around 12 during my first year of high school.
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

Around 10-11.

Race around 12 during my first year of high school.

That's really cool you got to that point so young.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic