BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

What's your "Thick Hair" Regi?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's your "Thick Hair" Regi?
    Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 6:08pm
Do you guys have a regimen to thicken your hair?

My ends/the base of my hair is SERIOUSLY thin, and I'm trying to thicken it out. Does shea butter work? I recently purchased this http://www.etsy.com/listing/158116591/8oz-natural-shea-butter-pomade-w-basil?ref=pr_shop so I can baggy my ends. It's working AMAZINGLY with softness and style definition, but can shea thicken hair?

If not, what are you guys using? And should "baggying" with these products work better? I need routines, product suggestions, everything! I cannot wear my hair down because my base/bottom/ends are sooo thin.

Help?!
Sponsored Links

flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 1:05am
Bumping. Nobody has a thick hair regi??!! I guess I'll have to do some research.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 9:25am
I just started taking Black Currant seed oil daily. I take three 500 mg capsules per day. This is supposed to thicken hair. I also take Maxi Hair tablets daily. Biotin 5000mcg may also help. 
I recently did an egg yolk, yogurt, coconut oil, coconut cream conditioner for 2 hours and flat ironed afterward. My hair looked HUGE after that natural protein  treatment was rinsed out and infused in the shafts with heat. The supplements I take also play a synergistic role. But It is a work in progress because I naturally have thin and fine follicles. It has been that way all my life and I will likely always deal with it on some level because it is part of my DNA.
Please click THANKS above if you appreciate this post. I need some points please.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 07 2013 at 11:36am
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 2:27pm
Here's what makes my hair even thicker. Mind you, I have relaxed (though I believe it's texlaxed) hair.
1. Deep protein treatment at least once every three weeks. I use Joico K-Pak, which many have said thickened their hair.
2. Light protein treatment once a week (the weeks I'm not using Joico K-Pak). I use Aubrey GPB. 
3. Henna+indigo+amla my hair a couple of days after a relaxer (I'm thinking about adding brahmi in there too)
4. Moisturize and seal EVERY day. I use a ceramide oil to seal.
5. When getting a relaxer, I apply olive oil into the mix so it takes longer to process my hair. Also, before neutralizing my hair, I use a LIGHT protein conditioner and leave it on for 5 minutes.

Yup, it's not too complicated. I've seen changes in my hair doing these methods.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by DixieDarlin DixieDarlin wrote:

4. Moisturize and seal EVERY day. I use a ceramide oil to seal.

what ceramide oil?
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 2:09pm
Try castor oil on your scalp for extra growth and thickness. Also you may need to trim your thin ends so you can start fresh
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 9:20pm
Thanks for the suggestions! But I am wary of putting castor oil on my hair. Won't that inhibit growth? More research on my part.

As it turns out, SHEA BUTTER DOES thicken hair. It thickens and grows out your hair even more depending on how you use it. I read on a forum about trying a shea butter wash instead of shampooing, and it is definitely working. I do this twice a week and hopefully my hair will improve in the next month. I want thickness AND length with this routine.

Thicker Hair with Organic Shea Butter Wash: http://riarankine.hubpages.com/hub/Thicker-Hair-with-Organic-Shea-Butter-Wash

Edited by flat iron - Aug 18 2013 at 9:23pm
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 10:53pm
^Oh wow, I never heard about shea butter, I always hear about castor oil. Honestly, castor oil does NOT inhibit growth - I used it in my growth aid about a year ago (a sulfur mix.... I don't use growth aids anymore due to financial reasons), and my hair grew a LOT. BUT it is not proven that castor oil can thicken your hair - I forgot what the specific study had said, but some scientific hair website talks about it and they claimed that it might be massaging your hair that thickens the strands/makes it grow more. IDK, but it has worked for most people.
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 12:00am
I think that's the same with shea butter. No scientific proof, but it just seems to work.

So how often to you use castor oil? And do you apply it just to your scalp, or can it legitimately thicken your hair strands?

Baxter89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 11:05pm
I'm just getting into a hair growing and thickening regime. I use henna to color and thicken my hair. I also mix conditioner and a little neutralizer together before I get a relaxer (my grandma does my relaxer and she was an old school beautician and she has a tendency to bring the perm down to far). Too much relaxing can make your hair thin for sure. I also sometimes use a protein treatment or just do an egg mask before I wash it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic