Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 37>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats Your Story ....
    Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 10:47am
I've debated on this one - I wasn't sure how many of yall would want to participate but I figured I'd give it a shot LOL 

Let's see some pre-natural pics!

I'll share mine .... as some of you know - I grew mine out with weaves & I'll be the first to admit it gave me a more "sexy" look Embarrassed LOL  but my natural is definitely more in touch with who i am - fun, artsy, creative, and freakin fabulous Evil%20Smile

i actually found one picture of myself before i started wearing weaves LoL .... idk what my life was like before digital cameras LOL

i had a mishap with a relaxer and some hair color .... i'm reckless yall LOL - anywho - so my hair stylist told me to just do weaves for 6 months .... that eventually turned into 2 years with no relaxer

one day she asked me if i was just gonna relax it and i said, "Nope" LoL - i remember the girl braiding it said it was hair to comb through - BECAUSE SHE WAS USING ONE OF THOSE RAT TAIL COMBS ON MY DRY HAIR Angry  - i ain't know any better back then .... but yeah, i graduated

and moved to Atlanta & found you guys :-)

so here I am .....

.... who's next?

Edited by RoxieDream - Dec 16 2009 at 2:30pm
Sponsored Links

nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 11:02am
beautiful hair!
minaj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 11:29am
here's mine...

in high school, i was just plain on jacki, permie cheerleader (see me on the right bending over the table)...that's me at the pop girl table with the other cheerleaders...permalicious lol

my 1st weave after i cut all my hair into a pixie and my head was cold...oooo wee look at those ghetto fab nails, i thought i was the sh*t!!!

after high school...i went weave crazy (and just plain wild and crazy period) and became obsessed (there's more to it but...) i've had all different colors, styles, whatever you can think of i've had it, here's a few:

one day i had messed my hair up so much, i just went natural...natural wasn't even the goal, i just bc'd (little did i know) and i loved the texture so much i never relaxed again...i don't have bc pics but here's some natural pics

RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 11:38am
Thanks Nikie :-)

Minaj - you're so cute girl! LoL and you look like a natural on that pole LOL LOL
minaj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by RoxieDream RoxieDream wrote:

Thanks Nikie :-)

Minaj - you're so cute girl! LoL and you look like a natural on that pole LOL LOL

LOLLOLLOL i was having too much fun in miami...that's what happens when they let you bring cameras in the club...drunkeness is captured on film...ugh!
Jazzy_Joyce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 12:23pm
Minaj you were getting it on that pole girl, lol... I want to take some pole dancing classes up here in chicago at flirty girl fitness... it looks fun and I hear its a good workout... u've given me more inspiration, lol

Also, I like your hair color in the last pic! and for your straightened look, did you use a flat iron or did u press it? U said that u just BC'd... did u transition any? If so, how long did you? sorry for the 21 questions... I'm still transitioning so I love to hear about other people's journey... gives me more inspiration Smile 
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 12:28pm
I had been relaxing my hair since my teen years up until my transition. It really never really dawned on me that I did not need a relaxer but I was conditioned and thought that is what my hair needed.

I actually transitioned by accident ! I was wearing weaves and I stopped relaxing my hair in order for my leave-out to match. I stumbled onto the natural section and eventually fotki. I saw all these beautiful natural heads and I decided to transition. I always liked textured hair and here I am !!!

Edited by Rumbera - Dec 16 2009 at 12:40pm
CourtRhapsody View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 12:31pm
I don't remember when I got a relaxer.  I was pretty young.  I never considered not wearing one:

Then I got pregnant.  I decided not to relax and hated every second of it.:

The after I had my daughter I ran to the salon.  I was in there when she was two weeks old.  My hair was beautiful from the pregnancy and pre-natals and also probably the break from chemicals:

Then my hair changed.  It couldn't handle the perm anymore after I had the baby.  I spent no time on my hair anymore and was always in a phony pony.  It started breaking really badly, so I went into braids:

I decided to give my hair a break from the relaxer.  I didn't decide I was officially transitioning for several months.  I started lurking on this site and watching YouTube and the idea of natural hair began to interest me.  Then I BCed myself in October and went immediately into this style.  I stayed in the house for two days until my braider could come by!:

Now I wearing it out natural for the first time:

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 12:35pm

Minaj, You are too pretty !!!

mush211 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 12:36pm
I like this thread. I gotta post some of my pics
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair