Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHATS YOUR NATURAL HAIR WEAVE BLENDING TECHNIQUE?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

WHATS YOUR NATURAL HAIR WEAVE BLENDING TECHNIQUE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHATS YOUR NATURAL HAIR WEAVE BLENDING TECHNIQUE?
    Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:32pm
I'm not sure if this thread topic has been started yet, but if not, then here it goes!

Many of us are having issues with weave blending. Most of us need advice, but don't know how/what to ask. Sooo....

Natural ladies (talking about natural from roots to ends) Please share and specify the following:

• Hair type (3c,4b,etc)
  • Hair texture (silky, coarse, soft, etc.)
  • What hair texture and pattern you wear
  • How you blend
  • What you use to blend
  • Bedtime routine

This is a topic to help ladies (myself included) that have difficulty blending their own hair, so let's share our ideas. Please, if you have pictures we would love for you to post them! Thanks bhmm's!

-Ciao Wink
Sponsored Links

darealtipwifey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darealtipwifey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 4:09pm
thank you! i need this.  ...waiting for some ladies to chime in...
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 10:34pm
I only wear afro kinky curly or kinky weave for protective styles, I am natural.
Hair type: 3C, 4A, 4B
Hair texture: I only leave my perimeter out for my installs. My hair in the front is naturally thin and fine, also 3C/4A mix.
Hair texture/pattern: always kinky curly or afro kinky curly, typical bulls eye braid pattern. With perimeter leave out only in the front.
How I blend: I just use long aid activator gel (best moisturizer) and either clear gel or wet line extreme gel. My hair starts to curl and wave up blending amazingly with my weave. I also trim my weave in front to layer it with my real hair since it shrinks up so much. This helps it look more natural and not like a demarcation effect.
Bedtime routine: I pineapple my weave and tie my scarf around my edges.
I listed some pics:
Products used:

Twist out on stretched hair

Wash and go

darealtipwifey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darealtipwifey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 11:46pm
that is so cute. i want a kc weave now :)
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 12:54am
My hair is 4 a/b/c. Relatively porous with thick strands.

Twistouts. There is a lot of good advice in the twistout thread below.

Trimming the front to match the length of your hair is very important. I sometimes also do a black rinse on my leave-out and first few tracks to make sure that in the sun the shades are also the same.

Co-wash, detangle, and flat twist with eco styler and olive oil. Usually when I take it out it matches my weave really well. If it is a very humid day I wear it in a pony tail or with the sides and front pinned up so that the shrinkage doesn't tell on me.
hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hautsdeseine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 5:48am
Thank you for those tips. I need to find a KC weave to try.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 3:50pm
shoot since shaving all my hair off......when i put that weave in my hair last month i had to take it out immediately. my head was like oh hecks no.  i was in too much pain 
alterego310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alterego310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 9:42am
That hair is sooooooooo pretty! Mind sharing the vendor/ brand? TIA :)
lala71848 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lala71848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 9:31am
^^^Yes please share. I want to put my hair in a weave but its very hard for me to fimd a texture similar to mine. I love that hair . pleass share your vendor,Yes
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 10:50pm
  • Hair type (3c,4b,etc)

4 a/b

Old pictures of my hair
Hair texture (silky, coarse, soft, etc.)

Coarse
  • What hair texture and pattern you wear

Afro Kinky Curl..with a curl diameter of 4mm

• How you blend

Doing nothing...water and conditioner....Kimmaytube leave it..twist outs...bantu nots...and nothing some days

• What you use to blend

See the above

• Bedtime routine

High puffs 95% of the time...sometimes I twist it or put it on flexi rods

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair