BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what's your national dish?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Ohhh dump cake......so good

STOPPP EVERYTHING! You mean this white lady in her sixties that on my tv talking about dump cakes and dump dinners is a real (AA endorsed) thing. The name Dump alone.DeadDead but all she's doing is putting the ingredients in the pan like she doing something new LOLOL

I told y'all Paula hocking recipes she stole from slaves.....its called dump cake because you dump in what ever you want.
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Omg we used to tear these things up in panama! 

what is it called in Panama?

I thought Boudain was a sweet dish and the breading was brown sugar for about a minuteEmbarrassed

RR yes i think she bakes them too or is it fried? side eye the lot of them yes LOLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:39pm

Ohhh dump cake......so good

STOPPP EVERYTHING! You mean this white lady in her sixties that on my tv talking about dump cakes and dump dinners is a real (AA endorsed) thing. The name Dump alone.DeadDead but all she's doing is putting the ingredients in the pan like she doing something new LOLOL

I told y'all Paula hocking recipes she stole from slaves.....its called dump cake because you dump in what ever you want.

Not Paula Deen man, another fat YT lady, as seen on tv - recipe books and thing. I always go what the fuqqq? We call that a "rub up" cause you just rub up anything you have on hand. 

ETA She's Cathy mitchell, even appeared on steve harvey. 

Angellic what's in the rat toes, i think i could try the gators. Where you reppin'g?

Edited by Diane (35) - Jul 01 2014 at 5:42pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:42pm
Awww the infomercial chick...yeah I saw that....I was like "really bish?"
Omgitsdannie101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omgitsdannie101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:48pm
We call boudain black pudding in Dominica
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

okra and callalou

Are different to caribbean people

Okra is a long pod like vegetable, like a round fat string bean with tiny seeds

Callalou is a green, a heartier spinach like green

Really? For haitians, it's the same as okra. I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Remember that on the different islands we call the same thing by different names. Like ackee in Jamaica is guinep in maybe Barbados but guinep in jamaica is just a dumb AZZ fruit, waste of time 85% seed 15% fruit. lolol Kinda similar to lychee but not really.

• Antigua’s Fungi is the same as Barbados’ Coucou
  • Dominica’s national dish, Mountain Chicken is also prepared in Trinidadand is called Mountain Chicken as well, and yes, it is really frog legs, referred to in the Islands as Crapo.
  • Grenada’s national dish, Oil Down is also called Oil Down in TrinidadRun Down in Jamaica and Maetem Ghee in Guyana.
  • Guyana’s national dish, Pepper Pot is different from Pepper Pot Soup which is prepared in Jamaica.
  • Trinidad’s Pilau (rhymes with allow) is called Cook-up Rice in Guyana andPeas & Rice in Jamaica

TAKE THAT BACK. Guineps was made with the tears of baby jesus himself!
Pilau or Pelau is actually more than just rice and peas because your meat ad everything is included so its closet to Jollof rice.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Omgitsdannie101 Omgitsdannie101 wrote:

We call boudain black pudding in Dominica

Saturday morning market runs as a kid. CryCry i dont think I can eat that anymore
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:06pm

Awww the infomercial chick...yeah I saw that....I was like "really bish?"

Me too!!!!

PrincessS, guinep is rude as heck! I got the info from a website. So then our rice and peas that they list  should be seasoned rice, the term "cookup rice" does indicate a dish with than just rice
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:12pm
Lord bless that guineep tree in my granny backyard. it only made "twins" those things were huge.

yeah i make brown stew chicken first and then add my rice, peas and peas, carrots and thats pelaua. So its basically one pot meal.

Edited by Princess_S - Jul 01 2014 at 6:14pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:42pm
Sorrel is Bissap in Senegal
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>