Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
Poll Question: Whats your deciding factor on aliexpress hair?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [6.45%]
6 [19.35%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.23%]
22 [70.97%]
You can not vote in this poll

whats your deciding factor on aliexpress hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
cupcakeimissyou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeimissyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats your deciding factor on aliexpress hair?
    Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 3:24pm
Not sure if there is a poll out like this after a quick google search I didn't find anything.

I'm asking mainly from those who purchase on aliexpress frequently, everytime you purchase do you do research on the seller? Or is it only after you are spending a certain amount?

What if you are specifically looking for a certain type of hair that on aliexpress in general does have a lot of orders and there isn't info at all on the seller? do you risk it.

Its a known fact that aliexpress is a hit or miss, so do you only take that risk after everyone else has bought or are you willing to order from the new company with one order and no review.
Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 10:46pm
Its just a gamble because a bunch of those "good reviews" are written by the store or the customers wrote them to get their refund processed by the vendor.

Plus you have to factor in the group of people who are just glad to have a weft in they head, I have seen girls sling some dry, split end filled, struggling bodywave over their shoulder and give you the " bish what" look like you hating and tell you this is Virgin Peruvian . Confused like they done found some undiscovered island to retrieve their weave.

suchalady84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suchalady84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2015 at 6:32am
Good question! I have been really trying to find a vendor on aliexpress because I'm tired of spending high prices on hair that I'm sure the person I'm buying it from got from Ali. Lately I've been seeing everyone talk about this new company called dyhair777. So many textured I was tempted to buy but all the girls who reviewed it were popular gurus & we all know they just tell us good news cuz they are paid to!
PerfectDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2015 at 3:22pm
I stick to my tried and true but try new vendors every once in a while. I haven't had much luck on ali.
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 3:20pm
Ok i will answer two questions.. firstly i am not a guru i am just a regular person who spends their coins on hair.. I purchased from dyhair777.com because i just wanted to give it a shot period. So i bought the hair and to be honest i really dont know what the hype is about either these gurus love getting free hair or they just never encountered quality hair before and have different standards or it. Any way i purchased the hair the cons about the hair it tangles a little at the nape, and the ends are ridiculous, they are very dry and the bottom just feel synthetic fiber are in it when i brush my hair there are short pieces that ends up in my sink so the hair barely sheds but the ends are going through breakage. i had it in for thee weeks now and i wear it everyday. The pros i like about the hair is that when i first got it i washed it, flat ironed it and curled it. When i washed it again it returned to the original curl pattern. So in my opinion the hair is mediocre... But i am always getting complements on it etc. etc.

Secondly the things I look for before buying hair is the ratings and i do an in depth review of the ratings and even i select the reviewer to see what type of feedback that they leaving for other vendors. I google, look at youtube the more recent videos not old ones, the diamonds doesnt really matter to me because sometimes there are good aliexpress vendors that does not have diamonds but people dont try them because of the fact they are the less traveled route. There was an aliexpress vendor i found i bought hair from and still have it and its a year and a half now bleached dye all that good stuff they were a little more pricier but what stuck out to me was that they had reviews more so of bulk selling raw hair etc etc that you had to get wefted. So i knew that people that were selling a lot of bundles were buying from them. Sadly i can not find the vendor again the page comes up unavaiable etc... i basically do research thoroughly.. to minimize the chances of me being burned
suchalady84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suchalady84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 3:31pm
I agree with you because I have had horrible hair from Ali vendors who were diamond rated. It really sucks that buying hair has to be such a gamble. And in regards to DY777 I messaged a girl who reviewed it on YouTube and she said she definitely would not recommend the hair. I am really considering trying ideal hair arts. I know they have some bad reviews but I feel like the good ones outweigh they bad. I have yet to find a vendor who doesn't have any negative reviews at amyway have any of you ladies tried Ideal hair arts?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeimissyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 3:36pm

I see that way to often, my coworker got her tax refund and spent 300 at a bss on their "virgin hair" after a week or so it looks horrible and she hates it! I told her she should of purchased online and she probably would of gotten a better quality.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeimissyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 3:57pm
I purchased from aliexpress for the first time in September on a whim.. I tried to do research on the vendor but at the time she was a new story so I did not get anything out of doing that. She had little orders less than 100 I'm sure and the only reason why I bought was on impulse because the hair was kinky curly like I wanted to try and long I got 3 bundles for 110 I KNEW the hair wasn't going to be great I KNEW it wasn't going to last me long but I felt I was getting a deal because I kept buying hair from AV and spending 300-350 on hair that was good don't get me wrong but every time I wanted to try something out I wasn't willing to spend that much.

The hair lasted maybe 2 months I could of kept it going if wanted to but it was HIGH maintenance and shed so much. when I first got it, it was gorgeous but I dyed it immediately which I wish I didn't because dyed area seem to be the most troublesome. I didn't leave a review but I think when you don't it automatically does 5 stars? that's why I try to read reviews of people who actually installed the hair vs just got it
and I look for pictures because even though the person is excited about their hair and leaving positive review the hair in the picture looks like crap.

Now when I look at that seem vendor I bought from she has over 2000 orders and a lot of 5 star...

I'm now taking a leap of faith and buying again from aliexpress again im not expecting quality but I want to take these PJ braids out!
I'm buying from Huangcai Hair, tried to do research but I see a lot of Guangzhou Huangcai hair products co. don't know if these are the same people.. he has one diamonds the hair im purchasing is Brazilian body wave with closure. I read the reviews and saw a good bit of good ones from people who actually installed the hair.
Hoping this works out for me if not I took the extra step of purchasing with my capone credit card so if all else fails and the seller is shady about giving me my refund I'll dispute with my card company.
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 4:16pm
I have never tried ideal hair arts they have a few reviews on youtube that are like two years old but be careful because when i was looking for ideal hair arts they have two where it was like ideal hair, and ideal hair arts.... but the legit one is ideal hair arts... and thats crazy im telling you that dyhair is mediocre at best lol
Gods Child View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gods Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 4:24pm
I am the opposite. I pay very little attention to the reviews. While I read them, I pay more attention to the number of orders and research, research, research!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic