Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's Wrong With Math Education in the U.S.?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:46pm
give me a word problem and i will figure that ish out eventually. don't care how complicated it is. random numbers make me itch though. its like, if somebody already knows why e=mc2 why i gotta know for?

Edited by noneyons - Feb 28 2014 at 9:47pm
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i cant with math. im super remedial. if aint about counting money, well...

I really can't stand youDeadLOL
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:51pm
i agree about the money thing. math education should be more practical. just a bunch of nonesense.

i remember asking some of the die hard math whizzes in that controversial bhm math thread to translate the equation into a word problem and no one seemed to know how. this is why i think all those random numbers are a bunch of useless bullsh*t.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:01pm
It's about memorizing formulas.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:04pm
YES - the methods we use to teach math are backwards and outdated.

I've lost count of how many times individuals from other countries (namely China and India) have told me that the way US schools teach math is unnecessarily strenuous and complicated. 

Our education is behind, especially compared to other countries. 
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 10:58pm
This thread is sad to me.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I like math for practical purposes, it's extremely dull on its own. I use it as a means to an end for problem solving. That's it.
lies!
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:01pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:06pm
Teachers could never really explain it well to me. I learned best by teaching myself with the book Confused I would study hardcore, pass the test, then forget it all the next week LOL

I seriously hate the kids who would never do their homework, talk all day in class and sleep but passed ALL the text with an A!! That pissed me off cuz I'm over here struggling and sweating bullets! Angry Then they used their intelligence for dumb sh*t! SO ANNOYING!!
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:22pm
my 9th grade math teacher was the bomb. looked like doc from back to the future. spazzy as hell but a freaking genius. 

he would teach us the textbook method and then what he called the "idiot simple" way to solve equations and then grade on a curve. i think he graded that way to gauge his own teaching abilities. cool ass dude.  

Edited by noneyons - Mar 11 2014 at 11:22pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345