Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Whats Wrong With Math Education in the U.S.?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:08pm
You. Are. So. Annoying.
Sponsored Links

newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:21pm
I have always been naturally smart. I could ace tests without really trying hard or studying. But math...it always took me so long of studying and working example problems over and over to get it. I don't feel like I ever had a teacher that tried to make learning math fun. My teachers just mostly spoke of how important math is and told us to work hard and study. I never associated math with being fun...only hard. Something has to change to make math more enjoyable for those who don't naturally understand it. I had to take college Algebra twice; granted, I didn't study much the first time around, but the coursework was really loaded and we had to memorize so many formulas. Eventually all of the formulas began to look alike.
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:27pm
My dream is to become a Sociologist. There are so many things that need to change in the US school system, especially in the low income school districts. Things need to change on a micro level in order to see changes on a macro level, including the way children are taught. Children need to be taught critical thinking and leadership skills during elementary school years. Critical thinking and leadership skills are not being taught to children from poor backgrounds. Parents are not involved enough, and many don't know much either. They just send their children off to school and expect the teachers to be the sole teachers of knowledge.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i cant with math. im super remedial. if aint about counting money, well...

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:43pm

I wasn't born to appease/accomdate/disappear/etc for anyone. You can ignore me.

Over_all View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Over_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:04pm
You know what was so hard about math to me.. Was that there was no why... I'm a why person and when you tell me this is just the way it is because this is just the way it is it makes it complicated for me to adjust to reason.. After I stop fighting the rules of math it doesn't seem as complicated.. 
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:46pm
give me a word problem and i will figure that ish out eventually. don't care how complicated it is. random numbers make me itch though. its like, if somebody already knows why e=mc2 why i gotta know for?

Edited by noneyons - Feb 28 2014 at 9:47pm
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i cant with math. im super remedial. if aint about counting money, well...

I really can't stand youDeadLOL
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:51pm
i agree about the money thing. math education should be more practical. just a bunch of nonesense.

i remember asking some of the die hard math whizzes in that controversial bhm math thread to translate the equation into a word problem and no one seemed to know how. this is why i think all those random numbers are a bunch of useless bullsh*t.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:01pm
It's about memorizing formulas.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>