BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats The Deal With Hair Esthetic?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
...classified. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ...classified. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 10:08am
so the quality is still good then? i'm just wondering cause they seemed to have rave reviews at first, then came some disappointment as time went on. i'm potentially interested in getting some in the near future but don't wanna waste my $$
Sponsored Links

allie557 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:40am
THE WORST HAIR EVER-(this is long but detailed and worth reading)

I wanted to try the kinky straight hair texture since I am natural, and I didnt want to spend that much since it was my first time. I ordered a 12" and a 14" color #12 from Hair Esthetic of the Remy Kinky Straight. (There was/is no option for cuticle in this type, the only cuticle this site offers is in bulk hair).

After I ordered the hair, I read the reviews and was not happy. SleepyThere werent many good ones, but it was already on its way to me. The things that I read about repeatedly were the shedding and tangling. I wanted to give the hair a try, so I researched ways to avoid the upcoming shedding and tangling. I ordered weft sealer from HE101.

When the hair came, there was a note stating they sent me "two 14" instead of a 12", because the 12" #12 color looked to dark with no upcharge." The hair was the exact color of my hair, and I was happy about that. When I took it out of the package, it was very soft, and very similar to my hair texture, which made me even happier. However, as soon as I ran my hands thru it, it was shedding tremendously straight from the package.

The night before my install, I sealed the wefts front and back TWICE. I used almost the whole 1oz bottle of sealer from HE101.

The install went fine. The hair is VERY thick, so I advised my stylist to use as little as possible. She def listened because even with >1 1/2in in between each track, 1 1/4 pack of hair, I looked like a lion. (I even ended up taking some of the tracks out for a thinner look.) She straitened it  for me with some CHI, oil sheen, and thermal spray and it looked beautiful. I was extremely happy...for now.Clap

There was minimal tangling my first week, wearing it straight and down mostly all the time. The shedding was a 5 on a scale from 1-10 even after sealing the tracks. But the hair was blending so well with my own, I had hope this hair could be successful. Smile

One week after install- I decided to curl it. I used flexi rods, leave in conditioner, and setting lotion. The curls came out beautiful!!Big smile Never before had any of the hair I'd had held the curl so good. I was amazed...until I woke up the next day and the hair was a tangled poofy mess. This marked the turning point.

Even after straightening the hair, I had to use detangler everyday. The hair tangled within 10minutes of brushing it throughout the day. I tried so many different products from oils to creams and nothing would work.Confused

Three weeks after install, I decided to wash the hair. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!! I bought all new shampoo, conditioner, detangling products to try and make this as easy as possible. Nothing could of prepared me for the matting. It was awful! The knots ranged in size all over my head, I looked like I had some really bad dreadlocks. Once again I didn't want to give up, mostly because it was 10pm and I had to be at work the next day, so I tried to comb thru it. It took me 2 hours to get thru about 3/4 of my head, having to cut some of the knots away. The last section was matted into a knot the size of my fist. I struggled to even get the comb to pierce the knot. I had no choice but to cut that section of the tracks out of my head, and sew on new ones to save me from having to do a complete take down because it was 2am. Cry

When I get off work tonight, I plan to take all the hair out.

After:
only three weeks
$$$ on 2 packs of hair
$ on weft sealer
$$ Install
$$$ Shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and oil.
Totaling: about $350
DeadI FINALLY GIVE UPDead

I hope this helps others

Edited by allie557 - Nov 14 2012 at 9:42am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training