Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What's The BIGGEST Thing In The Universe?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's The BIGGEST Thing In The Universe?
    Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:55pm

The Biggest Thing In The Universe Is So Gigantic It Shouldn't Exist At All

video

Jacqueline Howard

What's the biggest known structure in the universe?

Astronomers used to think it was a "filament" of galaxies known as the Sloan Great Wall. But recent research suggests a different structure is even bigger -- and its size has astronomers scratching their heads.

Meet the Hercules-Corona Borealis Great Wall (Her-CrB GW). Check it out in the video above.

"The Her-CrB GW is larger than the theoretical upper limit on how big universal structures can be," Dr. Jon Hakkila, an astrophysics professor at the College of Charleston in South Carolina and one of the astronomers who discovered the structure, told The Huffington Post in an email. "Thus, it is a conundrum: it shouldn't exist but apparently does."

Mysteries just like this are why astronomers scan the skies for a glimpse into the past, as they shed light not only on the early years of our universe, but also more about our galaxy, our solar system, and ultimately, ourselves.

"We are now mapping structures across the sky," astronomer Dr. Jay M. Pasachoff, director of the Hopkins Observatory at Williams College in Williamstown, Mass., who was not involved in the great wall's discovery, told The Huffington Post. "We’re learning how the universe grew up. So we’re learning about how our cluster of galaxies grew up and how our own galaxy grew up and how our sun formed, and how the Earth formed soon there after. We’re looking back at our history."

Because astronomers are still mapping the sky, there just may be something even grander than the Hercules-Corona Borealis Great Wall in our universe.

"The danger of finding the biggest, or most distant, or the oldest things in the universe is always that sooner or later someone is likely to come along and find something bigger, more distant, or older than the thing you found," Hakkila said. "So far we have not been upstaged, but it has only been about six months since we published."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/biggest-thing-in-universe-video_n_5365111.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g031BkhcPKc&r=1

Sponsored Links

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:03pm
Makes you feel so microscopic compared to what's out there. I've even read that this universe is just one of many.....try to wrap your mind around that. Shocked

For some of us to think we're alone in just this ONE universe is just stupid.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:07pm
I know makes me realize how big my soul truly is. Just a god living in the solar universe keeping it gutter.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 10:45pm
   What would they find next.

HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 10:49pm
Space is so cool

I wanna know what and WHO is out there
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:32am
i would love to see some of those big stars.
@az back in highschool i read that there is a universe around ours
so who knows whats really out there..and how much.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i would love to see some of those big stars.
@az back in highschool i read that there is a universe around ours
so who knows whats really out there..and how much.

It really is mind boggling! Our bodies are also made of some of the same material as stars. Makes you feel so small and yet so big at the same time. Smile
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 12:03pm
I wonder what dark matter would be considered.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 1:24pm
My cock and dark energy my cum.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply