Perfect Hair Collection

Whats the best cheap flat iron?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
cherieAMOUR* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherieAMOUR* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 11:24pm
My best friend that did hair had an Andis and used it on her clients. She swore by it and her hair looked great. After a while it gets really hot and burns badly. I used to go in her room and it would smell like burnt hair. So for the long term .. ehh, maybe no? I have a Chi that i bought online for $65 two years ago. It still works REALLy good. Before that I had the Sally's Jilbere de Paris that I got pretty cheap. My spring on it broke so I have to get a new one. It works just like a Chi but is temperature controlled which is great. To me, a flat iron is a flat iron, it just depends on the hands that hold it. Go you a cheap one and master the techniques.
Sponsored Links

AshleyRaQ_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleyRaQ_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2010 at 3:29pm
I reccommend Le Angelique Pro Ceramic flat iron. It has 100% solid ceramic plates & has temperature settings from 170 to 420. Amazon.com is where i bought mine for a total of 34.98! The plates are solid ceramic & not coated like most & it has a lifetime warranty. Hope this helps!

Edited by AshleyRaQ_G - Aug 07 2010 at 3:30pm
un4getableview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote un4getableview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by babytaz369 babytaz369 wrote:

Andis works great! I got mine for $15 at walmart 3 years ago and it is still working well. No need to spend $100 on a chi. I bought one of those and it died on me less than a year later.

YUP... makes my hair look luxurious... i love it. had it for about 2 months now. maybe less
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

conair

+1 I've had mine for 6 years, and it's still going strong!
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Mishar Mishar wrote:

Do any of you ladies use these flat irons on natural hair?

I've never used a flat iron on my natural hair. I only flat iron when I have a sew-in or a lace front.
Ms.Boss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 4:35pm
Andis is the best inexpensive flat iron. I've had mine for 5 years and its still kicking although I no longer use it on myself. The "A" on one of the sides came off but it's fine and the ceramic plating hasn't chipped or anything. The one inch takes longer but better at getting to the roots! I graduated to a chi then to a sedu but if you have the time it'll be worth it just part in small sections and put it on about 15.
oatsnhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oatsnhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 2:15pm
The best cheap flat iron I used was the Andis that I got at ulta. It did an amaing job but I only got one use out of it because it chipped like immediately. Haven't bought one since but I haven't forgotten the amazing results.
Glamouraddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamouraddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 9:17pm
I bought my Cortex from Marshall's (Same as TJ Maxx or Winners) for $29.99. It is a 1" iron with 100% ceramic plates. It also came with a mini flat iron that is 1/4" I think. It is great and leaves my hair smooth and super silky. It goes up to 450 or 425 (sorry I can't remember). What I love about it is that it is 100% ceramic plates, not ceramic plate overlay. I had a Jilbre iron that was ceramic plate overlay and after having it for a few months the ceramic plate coating started to come off and burn into my hair as I flat ironed. So it left a nasty film on my hair. Dead Since my Cortex is 100% ceramic plates and NOT an overlay, I won't have that problem.
GingerSnaps773 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerSnaps773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2010 at 9:23pm
You can get some pretty good ones at Marshalls for 24.99. Also try Sally's. You can probably get a nice Revlon one for about 25 bucks

Edited by GingerSnaps773 - Oct 01 2010 at 9:23pm
#1StarGazer View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #1StarGazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 10:44pm
I've had my Andis iron for 2 years and I'm happy with it.  I would like to get the CHI eventually, but for now, this works fine.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Next Hair Extensions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>