Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWhats the best BSS human hair for braiding?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Euronapp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats the best BSS human hair for braiding?
    Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 1:27am

What is the best BSS human hair for braiding?

Which brands of BSS hair should I avoid?

I want to do wet and wavy treebraids for the summer. Does anyone know a good wet n wavy bss brand ? A high quality one that doesnít matt and does not tangle a lot?  Or is there a good wavy hair?  What is the best human hair on the market?  Iíve tried milky way before , but I wasnít happy with the hair because it kept tangling all the time.

And I also have the following questions:

1.) Does human hair last longer than fake hair as for braids?
2.) If I take down the human hair ( like do the braids every 6 weeks), can the hair be re-used ?
3.) Do I treat the human hair just the same as real hair, as for shampoo and conditioner and leave-in is concerned?
4.) What things should I not do with the hair?

I know there is a lot of questions to answer, but I just dont't feel like bothering (styling) my hair all the time. I just want to give all the styling some rest and let the hair just grow.

Just answer what you can. You don't have to respond literally after each question.

Thanks for your help ladies.

Sponsored Links

nubiannqueen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 4:02pm
bump...I would like to know to!
melodym1772 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2008 at 1:29pm
I cant say the best becasue Ive tried a lot but not all brands so I will give you my personal preferences after years of trial and error.  My absolute faves for wearing yaky hair ( I only wer micros) are Outre premium and Dreamweaver model model.  I rarely do curly hair but when I did last I used Dreamweaver Ripple Wave- It was the best curly/wavy hair Ive ever had.  In the pkg. it is like a bodywave. Pretty but unimpressive as its not curly BTU when u wash ?!?!?!  It turns into juicy curls.  I love so much I was washing the ends every other day.  I used curl creme--Beyond the Zone Noodlehead from Sally's to maintaint he curl and I plaited every night when I went to bed.  It was so light and I took out only because I was tired of the color not because worn out.  It got better the longer I left it in. it had no tangles, no loose, sheddinghairs etc.  no problems at all.

1)Synthetic hair lasts much longer than human hair .  However it looks unsightly when your hair grows out because it tends to be shinier and more noticeable.
2)Human hair can be re-used but IMO would be difficult to try to keep aligned as you take them out  and then wash and re-position to put back in.  Someone posted that they do re-use their hair tho . I dont . I also cut mine to where my hair is when Im taking them out to make the job faster.  Plus, I like new hair !
3)The only reason I do so much to my braids is becasue I know I can repair them since I do them myself. But I shampoo every week and condition the extensions only.  I spray a leave in conditioner in my scalp and let it run to the ends of my real hair.  I also moisturize my scalp with hair balm and/or Dr. Miracle's Hot Gro.
4)You should be very careful when washing/conditioning as human hair expands when wet and you have to be careful manipulating it as if you are too careless you will have a handful of braids in your hand.  I dont scrub or rub really hard and I dont pile in a bunch of products, etc.  I concentrate mostly on my scalp and where my natural hair ends.  Other than that, Im lighthanded with all other products. I really like Carol's Daughter hair products-the hair balm and Spray leave in Black Vanilla conditioner helps my scalp and keeps my hair smelling luscious.  Other than that I use Dr. Miracle's for my 911 areas and serious conditioning.
Euronapp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2008 at 12:27am
Thank you for your reply melodym1772 Smile
melodym1772 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2008 at 12:30pm
Another tidbit is except for curly, when I have straight yaky hair.  I braid to the ends or very far down.  I think this has prevented a lot of tangling for me.   I also use oil sheen OR a glosser that I rub into the hair with my hands.  It does not tangle if you do this and u leave the ends loose.  I think sometimes people think with braids you dont have to use any type of product sometimes BUT to me if its human hair--YES you do .  Even if its just the gloss, it makes a huge difference. 
kalenjin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2008 at 6:57pm
Avoid the Janet wet and wavy with a green package....its a mess and wont hold the waves.
i_am_sade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2008 at 10:50am
i love dreamweaver's wetn wavy. i hate ANY human hair thats inbetween the price range of 15 to 20 dollars. ive gotn micro's many times and they were all garbage with that hair. the hair felt like straw if any heat was applied. i took the braids down way too early bcuz of it.u get wat u pay for usualy whn it comes to the price of the human hair. thats wat i've learned.
chokklategirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2008 at 1:37pm
I purchased a 100% human hair brand named "Fashion Source" Spanish Wavy.  Never heard of it before, but the hair is absolutely gorgeous.  I was ambivalent about what type of hair I should purchase since I always bought synthetic "Rastifri".  I saw a woman in the store whose hair I liked and asked her the brand.  I paid $150 for 2 packets of hair... But so far, it's worth it!!! I will post pictures as soon as I take some!!
beauty2008 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 12:33am
how much is dreamweaver ? Like whats the price range ?
i_am_sade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 4:50pm
around 55. depends on where u go too
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic