Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's some stylish men's winter clothing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:25am
Do Afro and AJ have beef?
Bc that was all kinds of extra
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:36am
just look in the mens fashion thread… theres lots of ideas in there
ill bump it
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:25am
Thank you Coco!

Ionno Jones, he said I was egotistical some time ago.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:29am
no jonsie we dont have beef

i dont think neither of us were being serious

anyway awackson,
my advice to you would be shop with multipurpose use in mind, so you want to be thinking about buying something to wear to work that you can turn into a casual look with the removal of a toe and change of shirt for a night of cocktails

so if this is your first dip into serious mens wear you want to (for suits) stick to navy blues, the medium to darker greys as well blacks, pin stripe and chalk stripe as well as solids, things like tartan looks will come as soon as start developing what works for you

for shirts, avoid bold print and bright colours, stick to pale colours or the paler shades of whatever colour you fancy. no more pink starburst shirts unless you are in a climate i.e the beach or an environment where looking like a spanish drug dealer isnt too out of place

for shoes you want three types of shoes in your closet at least ( to begin with). you want a pair pf oxfords, a pair of brogues as well as pair monkstrap shoes. and you want to stick to black brown/tan or navy blue.

ideally you want to start off with at least 3 suits that you can change the looks of with the addition of a shirt or tie or different shoes. or where you can mix and match.

if you are thicker on the waist you want a single breast suit o give you a slimmer profile but a well tailored double breast suit will give a clean look.

i buy off the rack .. but my tailor means business.

Edited by afrokock - Dec 11 2013 at 11:38am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:31am
lemme post some pics from my tumblr and i'll explain as i go along

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:34am
note where the suit jacket ends and the shirt ends,

this is to display the cuff and cufflinks

mind you this is a jacket for formal wear, if it was casual it would end at wrist level

if you want a dual purpose jacket then the length stopping at wrist level would be perfect either way
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:36am
note the difference,

this is more smart casual

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:53am
overcoats:

i have two simple questions i ask when im biuying overcoats

1. can i wear this with jeans and a suit

2. will this be out of style next winter

because im personally addicted to coats and jackets ( the right coat or jacket can make a sh*tty nigguh like myself look smooth as ) i tend to spend the most on these and my count is getting ridiculous they need their own closet (

when shopping

1. length, (below knee/long length) make them like raincoats stick to knee length or just above knee length for a stream lined smarter look

2. always try a coat whilst wearing a suit jacket as more than likely you will be wearing a jacket of some sort when you wear it.

3. like suit jacket again its about sleeve length. if its formal, it will sit just enough to show your shirt cuff, if its casual it will sit at wrist length. again for the unpretentious fella this doesnt matter, but you dont want to have your sleeve all the way to the tip of your fingers

Edited by afrokock - Dec 11 2013 at 11:54am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 11:56am
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 12:49pm
I can't afford it Pinch

Joking, okay, I got the gist of it. Okay, I can work with this, I will be looking and shopping and update my wardrobe. I appreaciate it man.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic