Dallas area BHMers. One of my professors emailed this out today:
Mitsui Bussan Logistics Inc.
Open Position: Business Coordinator
Store Supply and Beverage Supply
Category: Full-time employee
Location: Dallas, Texas (U. S. Hwy. 75 Corridor in Park Cities Vicinity)
1.) Supply Chain Management
· Strengthening and extending the relationship between company and client.
· Analysis of demand patterns and trends by item
· Pro-active production planning and coordination with suppliers based on demand patterns and trends
customer distribution center inventory replenishment planning and order
management (VMI - Vendor Managed Inventory environment) for multiple
· Achieving revenue and procurement goals and implementing client merchandising promotions, programs and initiatives.
identifying and developing improvements in the area of responsibility
that provides greater value to client in terms of cost, quality,
innovation, and other values.
meetings with client to develop and propose appropriate solutions,
products and activities to support their merchandising and marketing
· Establishing and maintaining effective communications with suppliers.
and maintaining effective communications with client and client’s
designated distributor, including timely reporting of operations results
with and negotiating with suppliers to provide the level of support
that is necessary to achieve the client’s initiatives.
· To develop, qualify, and maintain supplier networks
· To support company initiatives and build company relationships
· To continually build industry knowledge and awareness
2). Supplier Services
· Communicate and coordinate with suppliers regarding forecast/demand and trends as directed.
· Monitor and maintain acceptable supplier’s service level to enhance operational efficiency.
· Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills required
· Five (5) years in supply chain and or packaging industry
providing services to companies involved in the retail industry (having
revenue goals and meeting such goals is desired)
· High aptitude for numbers and data analysis, quick learner, problem-solver.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Detail oriented, accurate with good organizational and time management skills.
· SAP experience and knowledge of warehousing and/or transportation is a plus.
· Knowledge of National wholesale distribution a plus.
· Willingness to cross-train on complimentary positions and provide back-up support where and when needed.
Degree required with a preference for Supply Chain Management or
Business Administration. Master Degree is a plus. Procurement, supply
chain management or project management training would be a plus.
· Possesses first-hand knowledge of retail food packaging industry.
· Understands and manages business processes that lead to revenue growth.
· Understands brand building, awareness and translates that knowledge into proactive business activities.
suppliers; including identification, qualification, contracting and
management, leading to a supplier base that is dedicated, responsive,
innovative, and cost conscious.
management— develops and manages annual budget and analyzes the
financial performance against budget, financial, and operational goals.
Evaluate strategies and market opportunities of potential financial
reward (revenue, cost, margins, ROI).
- Strong leadership and the ability to work through to overcome obstacles
- Ability to manage and lead to results autonomously without daily instruction
- Ability to manage strategic client relationships
- Solid analytical, problem solving, organizing and planning skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume, salary requirement, and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls are accepted.