Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

what ya cook today?| food pic thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 599600601602603 624>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 36 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 10:42am
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

I want some mac and cheese soooo bad.

Does anyone have a smack yo lip recipe for meatloaf?

Also need a banana pudding recipe.

It's almost thanksgiving!!!! (Kinda)

Try divascancook.com she may have one. I used her mac and cheese recipe last year for thanksgiving and it was bomb!
Which one did you use of  she has two...
I did her garlic, rosemary chicken and pound cake and it was bomb.com
Sponsored Links

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 11:37am
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Man.....I just scrolled back through this thread and WOW. Y'all are killin.

Ok so, West Indians I have a question. I just made some veggie curry for some roti and the curry was good but it wasn't "Like my mama" good.

I added garlic and onion to a pan, added curry powder and cooked it some, then added some tomato and water, let it stew down, then added shelled/skinned chick peas and cubed potatoes, then lastly some frozen veggies.

My mom doesn't always use fresh veggies so I know that's not it. I used a bougie pack too, lol.

Was it something with how I added the flavors? I noticed someone earlier added a few diff types of curry.

Have any pimentos to bring out the flavor? And I use a lil ginger

No, but I'm sure I can get some for next time. And I can see how ginger could enhance the flavor. Thanks!
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 1:46pm
My west Indians will be able to appreciate my red peas soup I made for dinner last night..*yummmy.

It had carrots, potatoes, corn, red beans offcouse, chicken and dumplins. (salt, pepper, scallions,  very little onions, 1 scotch bonnet and thyme)
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 6:39pm
I had guests over so I made some fried chicken wings...NO fancy presentation, just grab and go. lol

eta: I got the idea to put the wing behind the leg so it wont open from youtube. I never thought to do that before. 

Edited by KottonKandy - Oct 15 2013 at 6:40pm
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 6:17am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

I want some mac and cheese soooo bad.

Does anyone have a smack yo lip recipe for meatloaf?

Also need a banana pudding recipe.

It's almost thanksgiving!!!! (Kinda)

Try divascancook.com she may have one. I used her mac and cheese recipe last year for thanksgiving and it was bomb!
Which one did you use of  she has two...
I did her garlic, rosemary chicken and pound cake and it was bomb.com

I used this one: http://divascancook.com/2009/11/homemade-baked-macaroni-cheese-recipe-easy-creamy-crowd-pleasing.html my coworkers loved the mac and cheese and it was my first time making it too. Big smile

I love her recipes and I can't wait to start using them adding my own touches and making them my own.
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 8:17am
Any ideas for salmon. I always just cook it the most basic way ever which is season that thing and pop it the oven. I'm looking for something different to do it it. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 8:42am
Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

I had guests over so I made some fried chicken wings...NO fancy presentation, just grab and go. lol

eta: I got the idea to put the wing behind the leg so it wont open from youtube. I never thought to do that before. 

I thought everyone did this, lol.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 10:08pm
Never add tomatoes to a Caribbean curry. Where i'm from, that's the 'i don't know how to make a lickin' bunjal curry' way.

Also, the curry powder you use is important. They are not all made equal.

Thirdly, the key to a lickin' curry is marinating the meat overnight well saturated with curry powder.

That's all i can give for free.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

Any ideas for salmon. I always just cook it the most basic way ever which is season that thing and pop it the oven. I'm looking for something different to do it it. 

You can lightly season and marinate over night with your choice of seasonings.
I prefer my cayenne pepper, finely choped garlic, onion, salt, and olive oil mixed up together. Rub all over salmon and pop in the fridge.

Then in a frying pan on the stove, add butter and some oil mixed, fry on high for 3 mins and flip.
In another pan on the stove boil some honey and fresh lime juice from 1 lime on high heat.
Add the mixtured to the salmon and turn the heat down. Add diced tomatoes and peppers until soft.

I usually serve with corn and rice.

I'd post a pic but i'm on my phone. It's a hit when I make it though.

Edited by Derri - Oct 16 2013 at 10:16pm
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 9:15am
Salad:
Homemade caramelized pecans, craisins, cherry tomatoes, then topped with homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette

Raspberries, store bought raspberry merlot vinaigrette

For real food:
Fish tacos (talapia marinated in cilantro, garlic, oil, salt and pepper)

Cheese eggs, raspberries, french toast (then topped with syrup and cinnamon), chicken sausage/onions/red peppers

You all inspire me!

Edited by Ms_Kudos - Oct 17 2013 at 9:16am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon