BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

what ya cook today?| food pic thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 596597598599600 628>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 36 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 7:11pm
For the Breaking Bad finale  Cry...I made some beef empanadas with a Jamaican twist. I used a beef patty filling receipe for the filling & the goya discs for the dough casing.

for the seasoning: finely chopped onion, garlic powder, hot pepper flakes, lawrys, curry powder (hot & mild) thyme, sazon, allspice, margarine & chicken broth (didn't have beef broth).

brown the beef & add your seasoning. Then drain your meat. place the beef back in the pan & add some of the chicken broth along with bread crumbs, mixing until you have a goopy like consistency.

Let the meat rest so you can easily fill the dough. I prepped the dough by taking them out and slightly stretching them so they'd be easier to work with. Then take a cup of water & wet the edges of the dough & take about 2-3tbs of the meat filling...

These are all ready to fry:

fill a fryer with canola oil or veggie oil & heat up...

Finished product...

This is a good recipe for the filling:
http://keithlorren.com/caribbean/keiths-jamacian-beef-patty-recipe/

A mango salsa pairs wonderfully with this dish...
mango salsa

http://laylita.com/recipes/2008/01/06/mango-salsa/

Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 7:15pm
Jewel those look amazing

I should have post my oxtails
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 7:22pm
Thanks Awesome, they're yummy & spicy! & yes please post next time.
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:01am
I baked a Heavenly Whipping Cream Pound Cake this afternoon. It was BOMB!

whipping cream pound cake recipe

One of my favorite pound cakes has to be whipping cream pound cake. I’m a sucker for that moist, tender, velvety texture although some would argue that this is the very thing that disqualifies it from being a true pound cake.

I love this cake warm from the oven. Even better the next day!

Never had a whipping cream pound cake before? Chances are you may have and probably just thought it was a really moist and light classic poundcake. It’s pretty much made the same way as a poundcake with the same basic ingredients but with heavy whipping cream instead of milk. The heavy  whipping cream creates a very light, soft, tight crumb and makes the cake really moist.

This cake is sweet, no glaze needed.

The taste is pretty much like a classic pound cake as well, depending on the extracts you use. I always go with vanilla & almond extract  or vanilla and butter extract with a bit of lemon extract. If you’re feeling creative I’ve read (never tried) that you can replace half of the heavy whipping cream with flavored coffee creamer. I plan on trying this in the fall time when all of those yummy limited-time flavored coffee creamers come out. I’ll report back.

Can you see that velvety texture?

I actually prefer to use slices of whipping cream poundcake for my strawberry shortcakes over sponge cake.

Watch me make this whipping cream pound cake from start to finish!

< ="http://www.youtube.com//9wd4pJJfMUc?rel=0" border="0" width="500" height="281" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">

4.7 from 10 reviews

Moist Whipping Cream Pound Cake

Author: 
Recipe type: dessert, cake
Serves: Makes 1 cake

Ingredients
  • 3 sticks (1½ cups) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3 cups white sugar
  • 6 eggs, room temperature
  • 3 cups cake flour, sifted
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • ½ -1 teaspoon almond extract
  • ½ teaspoon lemon extract

See Fun Halloween Dessert Recipes

Instructions
  1. In a large bowl cream the butter with the sugar until well combined (about 5 minutes)
  2. Add the eggs one at a time and mix completely after each egg.
  3. Alternate adding the flour and heavy whipping cream, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
  4. Stir in the extracts.
  5. Grease and flour a 9.5 bundt pan.
  6. Spoon the batter into the pan and jiggly the pan to even out the batter when done.
  7. Place into a cold oven on the middle rack and turn the oven to 325.
  8. Bake for 1 hour and 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
  9. Let cake cool in the pan for a fe minutes before removing to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
  10. Serve and enjoy!

Notes
Be sure to MIX WELL!! The eggs are the leavening in this cake and all the mixing creates the air that is needed.

Edited by shantel75 - Sep 30 2013 at 12:04am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 7:34am
I'm going to try this, looks yummy!
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 7:51am
**drools**

Jewels, those look yummy!! We call them pastelillos in PR...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:02am
man, patties are one of my favorite foods and you fried them too i feel weak.

and that cake would be so good warm with a scoop of ice cream.Clap
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:14am
Tatee they're good & easy to make...If you lived close, I'd make reaaal tiny ones just for you...LOL & thanks GG8
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:31am
Jewels dont play with me, you know im just in NNJ.  start feeding me and you wont get rid of meLOL

i make the most bootleg patties in the world (dont ask) but the next time i make them imma do it right cuz i know adding bread crumbs makes all the difference in the world.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:33am
lol! You could meet me @ Penn & I'd have a stack of mini patties for you!! haha! Hey did you know that golden crust sells the cocktail patties (mini patties)? They're so good. I used to order them when I lived in GA.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 596597598599600 628>
  Share Topic