Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

what ya cook today?| food pic thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 591592593594595 624>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 36 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 1:27am
For dinner I made Baked Ziti & for dessert (and morning breakfast) I made dupe cinnabons

The ziti is a little different than traditional because I used penne pasta instead of ziti, provolone cheese & sour cream instead of ricotta.

I used your standard seasoning, but added some hot pepper flakes to "kick it up a notch" LOL

1st step bring your water to a rolling boil & add pasta

Next chop your garlic & onion & place in a pre-heated deep dish frying pan and slightly brown

add your ground meat to the onion/garlic & brown.  As your browning the meat, add seasoning. I used lawrys, garlic powder, cilantro, oregano, black pepper, a 2 tsp of sugar, and hot pepper flakes. Once the meat is browned, drain the ground seasoned beef & then add your pasta sauce.

I used a cheap sauce because it was on sale, but this particular sauce has a nice flavor and complimented the dish.

Also watch the sauce...it bubbles like a beast & made a mess of my stove/microwave! LOL

3rd, take a 9 x 13 baking dish & butter the bottom/sides. Now it's time to start layering.

For the 1st layer I took some of the pasta and mixed some of the meat sauce in it, then place in the baking dish. This prevents the bottom layer from becoming too dry.

The next layer is the provolone cheese

sour cream

layer of penne pasta & mozzarella cheese. Then I added another layer of provolone, meat sauce, and a final layer of mozzarella.

Finally add some parmesan & pop in a 350 oven for about 30-40 mins or until the cheese is melted.

If I were to make this again I would use regular mozzarella and not fat free. But all in all it was yummy. A nice salad and some garlic texas toast completed the meal.

Next the cinnabon. I got the recipe from this blog love from the oven
http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/2012/04/27/cake-mix-cinnamon-rolls-a-great-mothers-day-breakfast-idea/

This recipe was relatively easy to make, but a little time consuming because you have to wait for the dough to rise & then knead & rise again & wait to put the rolls in the oven. But they came out wonderful!!

I used yellow cake mix, flour, water, 2 packs active yeast, butter sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, butter & salt. (I don't know why I put the milk in there...but it looked nice LOL)

1st step take the 2 packs of active yeast & add to 2 1/2 cup warm water, stir & let sit for about 10 mins.

Take your dry ingredients: flour, cake mix, salt & mix them. I poured 1 tsp of vanilla in the yeast/water & slow added to the dry ingredients. continue to pour & mix until the dough starts to form. You will then need to knead by hand. * make sure to place some extra flour in a small cup to regulate the texture in case the dough is too gooey.

Knead until you dough is formed, cover & let rest for about an hr.

After an hour, punch down the dough & let it rest again for another hr. After the dough has risen for the 2nd time, you're ready for the next step.

Flour your surface area, and begin to roll out your dough. I didn't have a rolling pin so I had to improvise. I took an empty water bottle, filled it with water & wrapped the bottle in plastic wrap *bing* instant rolling pin!! Big smile

Once your dough is rolled out, add softened butter to your dough. I didn't have brown sugar so I ended up mixing my cinnamon into my white sugar. Take the sugar/cinna mix and sprinkle onto the buttered dough.

Then slowly roll one side to the other. Then begin cutting the dough to create individual rolls. I used a pizza slice cutter to slice the dough. Take a 9 x 13 baking dish and butter sides/bottom. Place the cut rolls in the dish.

Cover the cut rolls & let rise for about 20 mins or so. My rolls where HUGE. I would cut them smaller next time.

place in a 350 degree oven. The recipe called for a baking time of 30mins, but mine took a little longer (40mins) because I was afraid they'd cook too fast @ 350 so I started out with a 340 oven and increased after the 20mins. I lost track of just how many mins I left them in there, but I took them out once the looked a light golden brown.

I used a duncan hines vanilla frosting & whipped about 3 tbl spoons of confections sugar to give it a homemade taste & frosted the warm rolls.

all I can say is this recipe was a hit & will be something I make as a nice treat! Hubs is so picky & he gave this a 10! Clap

If you're making this for breakfast, I would make the dough the day before & just pop the cut rolls in the fridge & bake in the morning.

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Sep 29 2013 at 1:32am
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 1:32am
I dont think Ive ever seen baked ziti made that way...Gonna have to give it a try.... What becomes of the sour cream when baked? just make the sauce creamier?

Def gonna try the cinnabuns too those look good!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 1:38am
Hey G. It sort of became a ricotta consistency, tbh. I'll go take a pic & upload a cut piece so you can see what I mean.... I'm not a fan of ricotta so I decided to try this recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-ziti-i/
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 1:45am
Here is a close up of a cut piece. Not sure if that's the provolone cheese or the sour cream that looks like the ricotta, but it didn't taste like ricotta...LOL

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 2:05am
lol Looks good Im gonna have to give it a try.... Im not the biggest fan of ricotta either..the texture isnt great on the tongue and the flavor isnt worth  the texture..lol 
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 8:48am
Thanks Jewels: for the new recipe... I will try it

Lots of Love
MK/
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 8:52am
looking good Jewels Clap
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 9:18am
Thanks Tatee & MK Heart!!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 7:11pm
For the Breaking Bad finale  Cry...I made some beef empanadas with a Jamaican twist. I used a beef patty filling receipe for the filling & the goya discs for the dough casing.

for the seasoning: finely chopped onion, garlic powder, hot pepper flakes, lawrys, curry powder (hot & mild) thyme, sazon, allspice, margarine & chicken broth (didn't have beef broth).

brown the beef & add your seasoning. Then drain your meat. place the beef back in the pan & add some of the chicken broth along with bread crumbs, mixing until you have a goopy like consistency.

Let the meat rest so you can easily fill the dough. I prepped the dough by taking them out and slightly stretching them so they'd be easier to work with. Then take a cup of water & wet the edges of the dough & take about 2-3tbs of the meat filling...

These are all ready to fry:

fill a fryer with canola oil or veggie oil & heat up...

Finished product...

This is a good recipe for the filling:
http://keithlorren.com/caribbean/keiths-jamacian-beef-patty-recipe/

A mango salsa pairs wonderfully with this dish...
mango salsa

http://laylita.com/recipes/2008/01/06/mango-salsa/

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 7:15pm
Jewel those look amazing

I should have post my oxtails
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon