BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What would YOU do?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What would YOU do?
    Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 7:43pm
I'm watching a tv show on CNN called "What would YOU do?" In which unsuspecting persons are tested in controlled situations to observe their actions/reactions.

In this particular episode, the setting is a fictional restaurant (or at least the staff is aware of the "prank") and the patrons are completely unaware of what will happen.

In one particular scenario, a group of teens skip out on the bill and the manager makes a big deal out of the bill left behind, even going as far as embarrassing and eventually "firing" the waitress in front of all of the customers.

Several customers threw on their capes, some telling the manager he was an azz for neglecting the other customers, others angry at the treatment of the waitress; several people offered to pay the bill the teens left behind.

Now, all of the persons mentioned are white folk Stern Smile

What does BHM think would happen if either the waitress or the teens were black?

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 7:46pm
I like 'what would you do' since they usually switch up scenarios based on race...I did see that episode and liked how the patrons responded by chipping in to pay for the meal so she could keep her job.  In that particular scenario, the people would've still helped out the waitress if she was a Black woman.  
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Immie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 7:57pm
They have done different scenarios in both races...there was one episode cant remember about man abusing a woman in a park...when it was a white couple..a lot of people approached him...when it was a black guy with a black woman..they were hesitant..INTERESTING.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:01pm
not a damn thing. I don't have any kids 
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 9:56pm
I like this show, haven't watched it in a good while though. It airs on ABC, didnt know CNN carries it as well. It show how post racial America really is. SMDH
The one that still hurts me to my core and it made me cry was a scenario in a park, a group of white teens are vandalising a car and the people just walk away, when asked they were saying youthful exuberancce kids will be kids etc etc. When the black kids came up&did the same thing they were calling the police, the kids were gang members etc etc. That i can understand, somewhat. Its regular, run of the mill racisim.

However the kicker comes when the white actors are up and the black actors are SLEEPING IN THE CARAngry and someone calls 911 and says the black kids are vandalising the car when it's actually the white kids. The 911 operator knows the gig and repeatedly asks if its black kids and the person says yes its black. Man when they spoke to one of the black actors he was in tears, he was like we were asleep asleep, we weren't doing anything. UGGGGHHHHHH i hate people

Edited by Diane (35) - Dec 24 2012 at 9:57pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 11:19pm
If the waitress was black, hopefully people would do the same thing.....hopefully....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic