Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What would you do if your son wanted to be a girl?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What would you do if your son wanted to be a girl?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

so if u had a daughter and she said "i wanna be white, mommy can i wear your beyonce lacefront blonde wigs, dont forget the weave glue" u would be cool with that? I never met one parent who let their kid do anything they wanted to...just admit yall on this crusade to blur the gender lines cuz its something u believe in
Yeah, look at us in our pro-gay transgender agenda. LOL

First off all, what does this have to do with gender identity? If I said "omg id be in an outrage if my child wanted to be white omgomgomgomg" that wouldn't make what I am saying about gender identity any less true. This argument is fallacious...but I'll play along since you aren't the first to try and get me to respond to it. 

Second of all, "wanting to be" something different than what you are biologically is completely different than declaring that you ARE something different than what you are biologically. I can "want" to be Barney the dinosaur....that's different than me saying I AM Barney the dinosaur. I can "want to be" a millionaire, that's different than me saying I AM a millionaire. Get it? 

Transgenders are not saying "I wanna be" a different gender. They are saying I AM a different gender despite me biologically being a boy.

If a child "wants to be" something different than what they are, it generally means they view the alternative as better, prettier, smarter, more appealing...especially if they live in a country that says that being white is....prettier, smarter, and more appealing. White is NORMATIVE in America.

If a child says I AM something completely different than what they are biologically, and they know they have a penis...and they STILL feel like they are a girl, that is entirely different. Homosexuality/Transgenderism is NOT normative in America. There aint no reason for someone to WANT to be in that category. It's not like gay and transgender kids are treated to Debbie cakes and HiC. They get bullied for who they are. Badly. There is no incentive for a boy to "want to be" a girl unless they feel like they really ARE a girl. 

A black child "wanting to be white" is not comparable to a child saying "I have a penis but I AM a girl". 

...but I really don't know how to even discuss this with you, because I believe people are born gay and born transgenders. Gender ROLES are socially constructed race is socially constructed.... a person's genetic makeup and sex is biological. 

People who actually have gone through issues of racial identity (often mixed race people) and gender identity (transgenders) challenge the idea of race and gender all together. They feel that they should identify as they choose. Gender and racial identity is about how one identifies themselves. That's about as deep as the comparisons on THAT front get. 

...........but I still wouldn't give/send my child away in either situation. I would let them know I loved them and we would talk to a professional for help in both situations if severe. This is the part that seems to be glossed over. The point is whether you "agree" with how your child self-identifies or not...a good parent will love and support them regardless. 

"just admit yall on this crusade to blur the gender lines cuz its something u believe in"

Well duhhhhhhhhhhhh......
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Dead He looks like he stinks

LOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:13pm
Plenty of Black folk are yt folk born in the wrong body. Why look at Black republicans.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:47pm
What does it mean to be a girl? -Girls are not defined by wearing dress or even doing their hair and make-up?
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:06pm
There is no such thing as a boy or girl because girls are boys and boys are girls and you are whatever you want to be and dress up as.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

What does it mean to be a girl? -Girls are not defined by wearing dress or even doing their hair and make-up?

I think some transwomen overcompensate by trying to be ultra feminine...too much make up, dresses, and a lot of provocative clothing...usually terrible looking results.   
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

[QUOTE=OhMyCurlz]Wellllll.....h<span style="line-height: 1.4;">ow folks run their house is their business, but I hope no one would disown their flesh and blood due to their gender identity. </span>

Girls can show an interest in sports and they are considered a "tomboy"....a boy shows an interest in "girly things" and now it's a problem? Do some of yall have a problem with your little man crying, too? 

There are no longer any reputable psychiatrists that would co-sign that encouraging a child to identify (gender wise) as they feel to be a bad thing. Being a transgender is not a mental illness. These people just repress their feelings and a lot end up committing suicide. Sooooooo, if your son killing himself is worth it to you, just so you don't have to deal with your personal antiquated ideas of your child identifying as a girl, than that's something you will have to deal with. 

But yes, encouraging a child to repress their gender identity is bad parenting

I'd agree if people were saying "I don't want him to be in a dress because I dont want him to be bullied" .............................<span style="font-size: small; line-height: 1.4;"> </span>
 <b style="line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: small;">I understand that people are starting to adapt a gender neutral stance, but let's not be so quick to call those of us who do not jump on this gender neutral bandwagon bad parents or stupid/selfish</span><span style="font-size: small;">. </span>
<div ="gmail_default"="" style="line-height: normal;">
<div ="gmail_default"="" style="line-height: normal;">If you are encouraging your child to repress anything, especially gender identity....yes, that's bad parenting. I don't think anyone who works with children would agree that a 7 year old repressing any type of feeling is healthy. <div ="gmail_default"="" style="line-height: normal;">
<div ="gmail_default"="" style="line-height: normal;">[COLOR="#000000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"]<span style="line-height: 16.799999237060547px;"]
</span][/COLOR]

so if u had a daughter and she said "i wanna be white, mommy can i wear your beyonce lacefront blonde wigs, dont forget the weave glue" u would be cool with that?

LoL nooooooooooooooooooo the shade

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 28 2014 at 11:12pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 1:56am
my issues is that children are still developing, as a child they are not sure about anything, if they feel one way one day and you reinforce the ideas by pushing your own labels then that's wrong! It works both ways... and there are no hard and fast rules about gender- and I don't believe children are able to identify their sexuality, gender roles without adult influence.
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 2:32am
Damn switching all gender roles up in here
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 6:58am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

[QUOTE=Marcelo22]

A black child "wanting to be white" is not comparable to a child saying "I have a penis but I AM a girl". 

This is such damn BS. 

So let's change the wording.

"I have black skin but I AM white" coming from an obviously black child with two black parents.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>