Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What would you do if your son wanted to be a girl?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What would you do if your son wanted to be a girl?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:24am
This is the first time that I'm actually eating popcorn.

No. He can not wear a dress. When he moves out he can.

My explanation would be that I don't want him to b distracted. He'd have to participate in society wearing a man's uniform. Then when he's older and able to multi task better with life dilemmas and move towards his goals, he can deviate from societal norms.

I know he can't help how he feels. No one knows y they feel what they feel. I'd just need him to deal with it as an adult, not a poor defenseless child.
Sponsored Links

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 7:11am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Wellllll.....how folks run their house is their business, but I hope no one would disown their flesh and blood due to their gender identity. 

Girls can show an interest in sports and they are considered a "tomboy"....a boy shows an interest in "girly things" and now it's a problem? Do some of yall have a problem with your little man crying, too? 

There are no longer any reputable psychiatrists that would co-sign that encouraging a child to identify (gender wise) as they feel to be a bad thing. Being a transgender is not a mental illness. These people just repress their feelings and a lot end up committing suicide. Sooooooo, if your son killing himself is worth it to you, just so you don't have to deal with your personal antiquated ideas of your child identifying as a girl, than that's something you will have to deal with. 

But yes, encouraging a child to repress their gender identity is bad parenting

I'd agree if people were saying "I don't want him to be in a dress because I dont want him to be bullied" ............................. 

I understand that people are starting to adapt a gender neutral stance, but let's not be so quick to call those of us who do not jump on this gender neutral bandwagon bad parents or stupid/selfish

Now it's wrong for parents to say that they will raise their boys as boys/men, and girls as girls/women...?  

Yes, part of gender roles is due to socialization, BUT there is no denying that there differences between the genders that are biological and ingrained in us (even down to the way our brains are wired). 

Let's keep in mind that  professional/researchers still disagree and have varying opinions on this topic, so of course us laymen will. 

I enjoy a healthy good and mentally stimulating conversation and disagreement, but limiting my commenting because it's obvious this is just another one of "those" topics ( a circular "I'm right, you're wrong and stupid!" BHM debates) 

But I do find some comments in this thread interesting. It's interesting how some can apply logic in this case, but not in others. We cling to scientific evidence, however once it disagree with our current pov, we throw it out the window. 

I guess some things just aren't meant to be understood.

Anywho, carry along. 
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 7:14am
Oh and I hope it isn't necessary to point out that we can disagree with the choices our child makes, without it diminishing our love for them.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 7:33am
I don't know about wanting and knowing what sex was at 4 but what I do know is that I discovered that bumping my girly part against things felt good at around 5th grade.  I remember sitting in a tight circle with other girls around my age who did the same thing whispering about it. we weren't fully sure what it meant...but we did wish we had the balls to go behind bungalow C to find out with certain boys.  But ...alas...at that age we understood consequences. 

Word to Nancy for being branded a slut for going behind the bungalows to find out.

Edited by newdiva1 - Mar 28 2014 at 7:35am
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:20am
OhMyCurlz, what would you do if your son came home and told you he was born in the wrong body and should've been a little white boy?

And he knows in his heart of hearts that he feels like he should've been white. And he's known this since he was very young, playing in the sandbox at school with the other white and black kids.

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:22am
Because if you would have allowed him to wear a dress, let me know when the skin bleaching would start since you're such a fantastic parent.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:29am
Y'all slay me with these examples.....chiiiiiile

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I knew I liked girls since I was 5....I would molest all my older sister's female friends and a couple girls on the bus....good times..I only stopped when I got teased for it...I thought it was normal until then lol

Basically.

newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:31am
Nope, my son would not be allowed to wear a dress or girl's clothing. Period.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:09am
I would not have let my son wear dresses he could want to be a girl all day long but a dress you will not wear.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>