Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What would you do if your son wanted to be a girl?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

What would you do if your son wanted to be a girl?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:40pm
I don't think what Angelinas daughter is doing is standard fare.

I know ppl will say they were tomboys but really to that extent?

Nah that little girl probably has natural inclinations
Sponsored Links

mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:43pm

have a talk and counseling...but its not really what I would do..lawd my hubby

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:47pm
Send him to live with My Mom...
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:47pm
I keep thinking about this.
I'm definitely not ready to be a parent.

I know of someone who might be in this situation.
She tries to correct her son but you can just tell.. I don't think it's just a phase either.
You can tell that she is stressed and wants him to just do the typical things that other little boys do.

I don't know her well though
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:58pm

A mother that wants a girl in that photo ? SMH .... Not in my home /public at such a young age . I would pray and seek professional help if it became a serious issue at 5 years old . No way i would allow my  toddler boy to wear a dress. I would support a Gay adult child . My husband would die . My daughter use to love spiderman and all boy toys until the age of 3 . Now she can't get enough girly things .

Edited by india100 - Mar 27 2014 at 10:41pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

If anyone here has ever studied Child development Gender-roles are quite common issues for human children learn by large gender-roles are socialized, therefore if you start to encourage your son to id as a female I think there is something wrong with you as a parent!!!

Makes no sense when siblings growing up in the same environment end up so different...not even in regard to something this extreme, but literally polar opposite personalities...some excel, some are lazy, some are mean, some are nice, feminine, tomboys, etc... That is the norm.  So with no abuse or major traumas present, if one child becomes transgender and the others go on to live the average hetero lifestyle then what?

Edited by ms_wonderland - Mar 27 2014 at 9:09pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:19pm
No one can have exactly the same experiances, All I am saying is parents transmit to their children their view of the world, their own personal concepts of life they shape us mold us and limit us in some cases.. in any household the way sexuality is developed has factors- its not just random
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:24pm
if he wants to be a girl, he's gonna be the best dressed girl everrrr

Hair on point. Clothes on point. Everything is point!! You aint gonna look a mess on my time!!! Stern Smile

Nothing worse than a boy in drag lookin ugly as hell.

edit: typos....fck it

Edited by BBpants - Mar 27 2014 at 9:29pm
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:47pm
Wellllll.....how folks run their house is their business, but I hope no one would disown their flesh and blood due to their gender identity. 

Girls can show an interest in sports and they are considered a "tomboy"....a boy shows an interest in "girly things" and now it's a problem? Do some of yall have a problem with your little man crying, too? 

There are no longer any reputable psychiatrists that would co-sign that encouraging a child to identify (gender wise) as they feel to be a bad thing. Being a transgender is not a mental illness. These people just repress their feelings and a lot end up committing suicide. Sooooooo, if your son killing himself is worth it to you, just so you don't have to deal with your personal antiquated ideas of your child identifying as a girl, than that's something you will have to deal with. 

But yes, encouraging a child to repress their gender identity is bad parenting

I'd agree if people were saying "I don't want him to be in a dress because I dont want him to be bullied" but to say "I dont want him to identify as a girl....just cause I don't like it" is selfish as hell. It's not about you. It's about your child's psyche. Let's say being a transgender was a mental illness....it would be awful if it was met with such an in-compassionate response....from a parent. If your child comes to you and says "Mommy, I have a penis, but I feel like I am a girl and I like dresses and boys" please believe they are going through much more internal turmoil and confusion than you, as the parent, ever could. They live in a world where they will forever be viewed as either crazy, freaks, sexual deviants, or sinners....but folks worried about dresses

I applaud that woman and her husband....maybe the reason they are okay with their son identifying and dressing like he wants is because they did the research and don't want him to be another statistic. They actually love him....differences and all. 

It also doesn't help that out of the LGBTQ community and overwhelming amount of those that face the most violence and hatred are transgenders of color. That's kinda telling.......

Don't have kids if you don't think that you can love them unconditionally for who they are. 
reesegurl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote reesegurl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Wellllll.....h<span style="line-height: 1.4;">ow folks run their house is their business, but I hope no one would disown their flesh and blood due to their gender identity. </span>

Girls can show an interest in sports and they are considered a "tomboy"....a boy shows an interest in "girly things" and now it's a problem? Do some of yall have a problem with your little man crying, too? 

There are no longer any reputable psychiatrists that would co-sign that encouraging a child to identify (gender wise) as they feel to be a bad thing. Being a transgender is not a mental illness. These people just repress their feelings and a lot end up committing suicide. Sooooooo, if your son killing himself is worth it to you, just so you don't have to deal with your personal antiquated ideas of your child identifying as a girl, than that's something you will have to deal with. 

But yes, encouraging a child to repress their gender identity is bad parenting

I'd agree if people were saying "I don't want him to be in a dress because I dont want him to be bullied" but to say "I dont want him to identify as a girl....just cause I don't like it" is selfish as hell. It's not about you. It's about your child's psyche. Let's say being a transgender was a mental illness....it would be awful if it was met with such an in-compassionate response....from a parent. If your child comes to you and says "Mommy, I have a penis, but I feel like I am a girl and I like dresses and boys" please believe they are going through much more internal turmoil and confusion than you, as the parent, ever could. They live in a world where they will forever be viewed as either crazy, freaks, sexual deviants, or sinners....but folks worried about dresses

I applaud that woman and her husband....maybe the reason they are okay with their son identifying and dressing like he wants is because they did the research and don't want him to be another statistic. They actually love him....differences and all. 

It also doesn't help that out of the LGBTQ community and overwhelming amount of those that face the most violence and hatred are transgenders of color. That's kinda telling.......

Don't have kids if you don't think that you can love them unconditionally for who they are. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
  Share Topic