Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

What worked for you in the long run?

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
bunnicula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnicula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What worked for you in the long run?
    Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:12am
I have been trying so hard to get my ass to perk up! I don't know if it's because I have a particularly wider and longer muscle in my glutes or if it's my genetics or maybe I'm simply doing it wrong when it comes to exercise but I haven't been able to achieve anything. 

I have tried so many different things over the course of 2 years after living a pretty much hermit life and became saggy everywhere on my body for years. But I just can't seem to tone up or bulk up at all. 

I have done strength and weight training, HIIT, pilates, yoga, spinning and elipticals, you name it and I tried it. I have before and after photos and there has been NO change. My ass never perked up even a little, I didn't build any muscle at all, and I am still full of cellulite. 

So my question to you ladies is, have you ever been in this kind of situation? What exercise regime worked for you to get perkier and/or bigger?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

bunnicula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnicula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:13am
Oh I also have been taking maca and using flaxseed oil rubs. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:25am
wow you have been doing all that and your butt is sagging? that doesn't make sense because just by getting a better pair of running shoes my butt became harder and perkier and when I started to lift weights then my butt tone up more (it was never saggy though).

For cellulite you should try endermologie, but you'll need several treatments. It doesn't hurt in my opinion, it feels like a vacuum sucking on your butt and thighs. Look up lifebooker and groupon for good deals since endermologie is $$$$$. It lasts 30 minutes and they should give you a Lycra bodysuit to wear.

You need to work your butt muscles (gluteus maximus, minimus and medius) so found out workouts for those parts and do then 3x a week.
bunnicula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunnicula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:47pm
Believe me I was shocked too! I thought maybe because I'm vegetarian but I get enough proteins from vegetables and I also take whey and/or soy protein after workouts. Usually I do 2 or 3x a week with rest in between. I walk a lot with my puppy so I get in more exercise there too. I am baffled. 

Thanks for the cellulite tip! I'll definitely have to look into that.
OneLove1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneLove1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:34pm
Hi! I used to be vegetarian too and to be honest, i toned up instantly once i started eating chicken and fish again. I was getting enough protein too from veggies, soy, and legumes, but nothing beats animal protein i guess lol.

but it took me about a year, year and a half before i saw a change with my butt. I do total body weight lifting, spin class, cardio. but the key is you HAVE to increase your weights frequently. you can't keep doing squats with 10 pound weights and expect changes. to build muscle you need heavy, heavy weight, smaller reps. for example, do squats with 50 pound weight and only do 8-10 reps. i do soy protein shakes after but not faithfully so i doubt that makes a difference. cut back on your carbs. when i was vegetarian i was consuming tons of carbs along with my protein because the only way i was getting protein carbs were involved (such as legumes, whole grains) it's not a pure source of protein. eat frequently and healthy.

in spin class, always challenge yourself, when you increase the resistance on the bike and you think it's enough, add more resistance. you won't see changes in your body unless you keep surprising it and upping the intensity.

start running on the treadmill with increase incline, walk on the treadmill with an increased incline. always always build.

hope this helps. i hear your pain, it takes a women a bit longer to build muscle, our body's only want fat, it took me a while.
bunnicula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnicula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:39pm
Ugh that sucks, lol. I have a really...REALLY hard time eating meat. I hate being vegetarian. I didn't decide to do it for health purposes or animal rights. I simply get nauseous and end up throwing up my meat a lot of the time. Back when I ate meat I was pretty much anorexic looking because I threw up my food a lot and I was very active too so I had no fat or muscle on me. 

I thought maybe using more whey protein would be a good enough substitute. I've been some vegetarian body builders out there but they're also men so since it's easier for them to gain it probably wasn't a big deal being a veg. 

I did increase weights too and kept my reps at 8-10 with 3 sets per exercise. But I gave up on it because it wasn't working. I may try again when I can afford a trainer and have them help me but for now I'm just doing body weight strength exercises and spinning to stay toned. 
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:11pm

Squats with weights and protein overload. I hear Beyonce does atleast 100 per day everyday.

I just starting doing squats again. My butt has been a little saggy since baby and I'm just starting to give a damn. I'm weak now...so I put 30 lbs on the barbell and do 4 sets of 10 reps. Then I squat with 50 lbs for 2 sets of 10 reps with a 2 second hold. I've also tried Butt Bible on youtube.

I hope if works out for you...consistency is going to be your best bet.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic