Crown Heights brooklyn, New york. Mostly carribeans and very few latinos. Apartments usually no more than 8 floors high. Very lively, we were next to eastern parkway so there were buses and trains and alot of cars. Alot of schools, Brooklyn schools arent as wide because of lack of space but they were usually 5 floors high. There were other haitian kids in our building so we played alot and went to each others houses to play video games. Library was two blocks away so when we were bored we went there and used the computers. Lincoln Terrance park was 2-3 block away but our parents rarely let us go there for fear of gang violence. There were alot of shops on Utica ave, usually carribean goods stores. Chinese food store and a corner store was freaking connecting to my building but we rarely ordered, i didnt realize the glory of that until i was older
. I lived on president and Schenectady and my school was ps 161 around Kingston ave. I could have walked there but my parent wouldnt let me so i was dropped of and picked up. I loved all my schools really. Ps 161 was like 95% carribeans from the teachers to the students. the other 5% was latino. It was a large school with a huge play ground. Good memories, no really bad kids we were all still innocent
I moved when i was 10 to east new york brooklyn to brand new built brownstone houses. The neighborhood was very nice, no thugs, not many cars though we lived by a highway, people rarely even walked down our street. not many schools around though and one park. werent any other kids. we were next to only the 3 train and a few buses.
Edited by HaitianLuv - Jul 04 2014 at 3:48pm