Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What was the neighborhood you grew up in like?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was the neighborhood you grew up in like?
    Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 6:54pm
What was the racial make up? were the houses big or small or were there only apartments? Were there kids your age you played with? Did you enjoy the enviornment you grew up in? Any stories?
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 6:58pm
I grew up all over So Cal it seems. I'll reply later. On my phone.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 6:59pm
I grew up in the suburbs. 2 story average size house. My neighborhood was very diverse. My best friend was a black chic but we played with the white and spanish kids. come to think of it, I think there was an equal amount of black and white families.

i'm from a military town so i'm sure that makes a difference.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:01pm
Ummm....used to be a lot of white people and old people on my block.
Then the old people moved on and now there are mostly blacks around.
I'd consider my neighborhood a black neighborhood though. 
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:07pm
Black community different size houses mostly big for growing families there were plenty kids had a park near by and snow cones stands...i liked it.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:12pm
it was a city-residential area where buses went by every 10 minutes, train station in walking distance, lots of schools, highway.  parks, schools, and fast food in walking distance.

race on my block from corner to corner:  black, chinese, chinese, black, russian/jewish, filipino, indian, black, then some other type of asian.  every family had been there for at least 30 years with the exception of 1.  all the corner stores also ran by the same family so there is a sense of community even with constant traffic noise and lots of commuters parking there.  the general neighborhood was mainly black and asian in the 90s.  the asians are taking over now and some white families.

the houses were typical San Francisco...mine was on a hill...old, boxy, basically connected, garage on the first floor and living space on the second.  usually the first floor garage has an in law or built on living space.  no front yards.

an example:

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 03 2014 at 7:18pm
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:28pm
On my run today I realized that my direct neighborhood is like 25% black, 25% white, 25% hispanic and 25% asian. Now those are maybe not the exact percentages, but that's how it seems. It's an incredibly average neighborhood with average houses. Stereotypical suburb next to a city. There was only 1 girl I played with when I was young, there are much more kids around now. I live next to a school so there was always a playground to go to, place to practice basketball/baseball/soccer etc.

Ultimately, I think my neighborhood  was too boring. I want my children to grow up in an upper class Black neighborhood with a lot of kids their age.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:32pm
Y'all wouldn't believe me...

I have truly been on opposite sides and I'm so thankful for my diff experiences in life cus it made me diverse as fck and ain't barely any other bitches as we'll rounded as me.
I am an anomaly.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:48pm
I have been in a few traps... I will slap the sht out of you if you get me there... There's not much that'll truly surprise me.. Yet I have been to a few tea parties and I'll act as of I'm above it all until you make me mad enough... Plz don't do me. If you get me there... I am a bit crazy.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:55pm
thinking back to random events my high school days..i was in la. everything was diverse. everyone i hung with was my age. all guys i was the only girl. there was some racial tension for a while... latino vs. blk folks. (in some areas) but i didnt notice until i got much older...other than that the J's were pretty cool..if you could ignore the gang meetings..which was easy to do...then we moved to inglewood. i dont know what dudes always rappin about cause it was the most quiet and peaceful place i had ever lived in. lol. my back street was a freeway (nope wasnt noisy) airport across from there...and the beach on the other side of the airport. i stayed at the beach. lol. we lived across from what looked like a pimp. (he couldve been a choreographer for all i know)...i mean if they wore fur occasionally.

apartments were nice. ours was pretty big. 5 bed 2 bath plus balcony. the library was huge <3
and that covers everything i think.Geek
Inglewood, CA : Randys Donuts famous icon Inglewood and Manchester

cause wonder wanted pics: LOL

you cant see it but i live down the street from here.those trees in the back are covering the freeway which is lower down and you have to cross over...i liked doing that. felt amazing.(this is inglewood) please dont believe the hype about this place and their stale cold donuts. out of the 10 years i lived there...i only went to randys once. 

Edited by Lady ICE - Jul 03 2014 at 8:32pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style