Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Sensitive Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWhat type of lotion is best for eczema?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2006 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by kolour_Krazi kolour_Krazi wrote:

I am thinking of trying Aveeno oatmeal lotion because my eczema gets pretty intense and i heard this helps? Does anyone else have one that works for them that can be bought in a local rite aid or cvs or somwhere like that?

thanks

I love this lotion.  Get the unscented one so it won't aggravate your condition.  I had the worst case of winter itch I had in my life and this stuff soothe my skin without the use of those steroids-filled creams.  I say go for it.

Sponsored Links

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2006 at 9:53am

ive suffered with eczema/psoriasis my whole life, same as my mother, mine is on my face and hands. ive tried so many topical creams including cortisols, elidels, steroids, cetaphil etc.all these just relieve the problem without healing the skin. about 6months ago i came across this canadian website biolanyn.com and i decided to give their cream a chance, they had a 100% money back guarantee so i figured if it didnt work i would get back my money. the biolanyn cream has no chemicals at all, its main ingredient is cartilage which is what our skin is made of.i tell you this is a miracle cream.i was very skeptical because i knew that eczema has no cure and will be with me forever but this is the one thing i can put on my face and its healthy, i literally feel like my previously "thinning" skin (due to previous use of steroid-based creams which had also sort of bleached parts of my face) is finally healthy.the dry and itchy patches i used to have are gone. in about a month there was a huge improvement on my skin.its kinda expensive but i know ill buy this product for a very very long time, my 1yr old niece also has some skin problems and i got this for her, its worked great!

Edited by zolloh
TheCulinaryDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2006 at 8:31am

I too have sensitive skin and I've found a product that is worth every dime. I order it online from a company called The Skin Store and they have everything from  products for your body to products for your face. They are wonderful because they are non-steroidal.

I've included the link below. You should read some of the testimonials. Hope this helps.

http://www.skinstore.com/search/search.aspx?catID=0&QUER Y=atopalm&submitSearch.x=11&submitSearch.y=8

Edited by TheCulinaryDiva
TooBlessed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2006 at 2:56pm
I understand, I understand!Cry

I've had eczema my entire life and for some reason it will not completely go away (my hands resemble old lady hands).  As an adult, I use Cocoa butter or shea butter.  Both products keep the skin moisturized. 

As far as soap, the best over-the-counter product is Dove moisturizer or black soap.  They do wonders for your skin. 

My major problems now are dark spots, can't get rid of them (arms, legs, back).  I've tried every product on the market and even mixed a couple of them together -- nothing.  I moved to a state where mosquito is the state bird LOL and these dark spots make me look like I have the kootiesNuke  -- no short sleeves for me this summer, I don't care how hot it get!Shocked
loveya4ever View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2006 at 12:25pm
 I have eczema and really senstive skin that breaks out easily. I used to be peeling and ashy all over the place. 

DML is ther best lotion to use on the face.  It cost about $ 16 for a 16 oz container.  They sell it over the counter at the local drug store.  I started using it about 2 years ago.  The doctor told me about it. 

It has no fragrance, Its light enough for the summer and heavy enough for winter.   I works really well.
tparrish247 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2006 at 9:57pm
I have been using eucerin creme all of my life and it works good, but there is an imitation product that u can buy at walmart or any store.  I have also used Aveeno Skin Relief Moisterizing cream and it works but it smells like menthol and my mother used the Oatmeal bath when I was a child and she said that it works too.
loveya4ever View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2006 at 9:16am
Eucerin Cream is the best and Walmart sells the generic version for like 4 dollars.  
MO View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2006 at 1:59pm

WHEN  I WAS YOUNGER I HAD A SOME ECZEMA.HERE ARE THE PRODUCTS THAT THRUGH MY YEARS I'VE USED:CETAPHIL:BASIS:DOVE:VASELINE:EUCERIN:AVEENO:HYDROCORTIZONES

CETAPHIL WAS GOOD FOR MY FACE
Basis...I tried when i was younger no recollection but its derm.recommended
DOVE IS MY ONLY SOAP
VASELINE &EUCERIN make good lotion/jelly mixes *lil lotion+lil vaseline*
AVEENO IS GREAT FOR WHATEVER...I love tha bathstuff.
HYDROCORTIZONE IS MY #1 PRODUCT
100% BLACK SOAP ...SOAP USED ON LEGS

THIS IS A LIFE LONG BATTLE
hope this helps some.....

jerzeyzqueen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2006 at 3:51pm
i have eczema and i ude natural shea butter just to make sure that my skin isnt dry but aveeno works for me but eucerin is way better i dont use because i dont like the greasy feel my skin has after i use it but it works great HTH......by the way does any one know any good bleachin creams because my neck is really dark due to eczema and i need help

Edited by jerzeyzqueen - Aug 20 2006 at 3:52pm
ChocolateCookie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2006 at 9:57am
I had eczema all my life, and I have been prescribed E45, Diprobase and Cetomacrogal (sp)....they do keep me moisturised..only if you use them 2/3 a day.

I want to try more natural stuff, used shea butter once, but it is too expensive to get it shipped out to London..

Hope that helps Smile
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic