Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What they dont tell you about the emergency pill
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What they dont tell you about the emergency pill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What they dont tell you about the emergency pill
    Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:37am
...that it can make your cycle 85 days long.Confused
the instructions say your period may be a week early or a week late, but it doesnt say anything about 3 monthsUnhappy
smh

Just wanted to share, hopefully this might be helpful to someone....
I missed 3 periods after taking this thing in January. (I have taken it in the past, and didnt have this issue)

After multiple tests after the first missed period, i realised i couldnt possibly be preg, so it was just a matter of waiting it out and wondering what the hell was going on, and when my red lady would return.
So, be careful girls/ladies. 
I cant say it did any harm per se, as I wasnt ill or anything (I did have period symptoms sometimes)...
but i can see how the suspense can make a person tear their hair out.LOL

after doing some more reading online, a found a forum where ladies were saying they missed several periods after taking ECPs

Edited by Wildfire - Apr 14 2014 at 9:40am
Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:39am
Any kind of synthetic hormone can have adverse effects on your cycle.

85 days w/o a cycle sounds glorious to me, though
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:41am
I guess each body reacts differently.   I had experienced the long delays before.  However, the end result is that it stopped me from getting pregnant and I take that as a major plus over the idea of waiting for my period to come back. 

You should just go to your GYN and have the doc check you out to make sure nothing is wrong.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:41am
They don't tell you a lot about most drugs...
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:42am
i wont lie, i didnt mind not having to deal with a period....but lawdamercy, lol
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:44am
DAMN HOMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which brand did you take? Pregnon?
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

I guess each body reacts differently.   I had experienced the long delays before.  However, the end result is that it stopped me from getting pregnant and I take that as a major plus over the idea of waiting for my period to come back. 

You should just go to your GYN and have the doc check you out to make sure nothing is wrong.

its fine now. period returned weeks ago...doc did check at the time, everything checked out.

Edited by Wildfire - Apr 14 2014 at 9:45am
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

DAMN HOMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which brand did you take? Pregnon?

postinor. pharmacist said they were both the same though
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:58am
What emergency pill, Plan B?
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

its fine now. period returned weeks ago...doc did check at the time, everything checked out.

Ok great!  The hormones in these drugs can throw off everything.  In fact, I had also experienced some major mood swings.....foul mood swings (my husband can testify on this).   I had these mood swings that lasted for a month.   You would have thought I was possessed by demons.  Like I needed an exorcism.  

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>