Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

what the HECK should I do with my hair??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what the HECK should I do with my hair??
    Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 10:31pm
Hey ladies!

Basically, I'm trying to find some type of hair extension for my hair! I like to alternate between kinky curly and light yaki hair so i need something that lasts long and is easy to maintain without damaging the extensions and my own hair. I also don't want any of my hair out, maybe just a little bit of the hairline and the nape, so a closure or frontal must be able to be added. 

Right now (and the past 7 months), what I'm doing with my hair is keeping it braided underneath wigs. I'm trying to grow it from EL (ear length) to MBL (midback length) so I just want it to stay braided and grow. I want some type of extension where I can easily be able to moisturize my hair everyday and wash my hair and DC my hair every week and still have it look good. I'm using a glueless lace front but it's annoying trying to get the part to match up when there's nothing to adhere it to! I'd use glue but I hear it's damaging and I don't want the wig on for like 7 days straight. (I also tried alternatives like sewing it down, using spritz/hairspray, and gel for adherence and also the band method, sewing a band on to make it lay flat). I also don't like that the wig seems to shed A LOT! 

What should I do? Haven't had a sew in since September 2010 and with my lack of transportation I won't be able to get to a salon as frequently to maintain it. Wigs aren't too bad, but I use a cochlear implant where I must attach it to my scalp. Using a wig and a wig cap interferes with the implant connecting to my skull because there's a magnetic piece underneath. So basically, I need something that allows me to get to my scalp above my ear without ruining the style of the extensions. 

Any ideas? Sorry if it's so long, I just don't want to waste anyone's time having them post things that I'll just disregard. Like clip in extensions lol. I'm also not too good with this extension thing, only used clip ins, wigs, and few weaves. 
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 10:46pm
I have seen several PT in the ER wear falls with the implant . Do you recall the rapper Foxy brown ? She made a video on how she can wear a weave etc with her implant . I see a few pictures of her online . Not really a good example , but maybe you can get a idea of how it would work . I think a fall would be your best option due your inabilty to travel .

Edited by india100 - Jul 11 2013 at 10:49pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 10:54pm
i just checked out falls ... are they basically, 3/4 wigs? Do you think I can attach a closure in the front or someting? 
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

i just checked out falls ... are they basically, 3/4 wigs? Do you think I can attach a closure in the front or someting? 
Not sure , but you can purchase or make a custom one to leave only a small amout of hair out . Many ladies on the site make wigs and all types of partials  . Maybe one will see your topic to help .Smile
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 11:02pm
Notice how she only left a small amout of hair out to cover the fall ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2013 at 11:42pm
Thanks, but I don't want any of my hair out. I 'll find a way to use the CI. I haven't been using it for the past 7 months because of the wigs, I'm sure it won't make any difference if I don't use it. 

Anyone else know anything? 
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 9:42am
OK, but i wish you would have said that in the op before i waste my time searching for you.
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 4:31pm
She did, in the first paragraph.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 6:37pm
... it's in the first paragraph. 
lambdoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lambdoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 1:36am
i think she meant she wish she would have said something about not wearing the device and it really not making a difference. a lot less thinking/searching power could have been saved if she would have not even mentioned it, if it doesnt matter to her if she wears it or not anyway..
ya feel me?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>