Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

what the bloody hell??!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 29 Votes, Average 2.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:54pm
I have a couple hundred albums (mostly in storage). My most recent find was Stevie's Songs in the Key of Life at a random thrift store. '76 mint condition, 2 dolla!

Don't ask me no questions though, cuz I don't listen to this bullshyt y'all callin music these days.

Edited by FarraFace - Nov 24 2012 at 11:54pm
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 3:44am
My husband and his parents never threw out their records. Not a single record player between the four of us. His dad must really love Al Green because they have all of his records. I grew up with records and I don't miss it. We had an 8 track player until I was 6. Don't miss records, cds, or tapes just like I don't miss VHS or DVD's.

I do get why people like the sound of records, it has a feel to it that is not easy to describe but the skipping and having to care for the record is just not my thing.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:01am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

afro i am getting some beatz...i know you said not to in another thread and recommended 50s headphones...but they dont make them...and im too lazy to research...i am also considering some bose...the beats come in a pretty blue....this is for the mr btw
moster inspiration >>>> beats

inspiration's are so grown person. the beats are too street for me
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Anah Anah wrote:

Hmm I like this idea! Might have to invest when I get a house. 

AK I 5 starred this thread, dint do ishtDisapprove

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:11am
1st world problems
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

the only problem with turntables is that it can be a pain to find 'needles' for them now. And they can get expensive to replace for obscure players.
yeah and good cartridges are very expensive

sometimes more expensive than the table itself
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

afro i am getting some beatz...i know you said not to in another thread and recommended 50s headphones...but they dont make them...and im too lazy to research...i am also considering some bose...the beats come in a pretty blue....this is for the mr btw
moster inspiration >>>> beats

inspiration's are so grown person. the beats are too street for me

one review said to get these....the reviews look good

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2

he's not an audiophile or anything. he just want something for his trips.  
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 12:44pm
those are nice E, but i recall Mr E catches a lot of flights right?

if so, you need to get him a pair with active noise cancelling

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 12:46pm

those are nice E, but i recall Mr E catches a lot of flights right?

if so, you need to get him a pair with active noise cancelling

yea i just read the reviews and it said it had a different cord or whatever. he aint got time for all of that.

thanks mrkock :)

but ppl can still hear your music with beatz ive noticed. is it the same with Monster?

Edited by EPITOME - Nov 25 2012 at 12:46pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

the only problem with turntables is that it can be a pain to find 'needles' for them now. And they can get expensive to replace for obscure players.
yeah and good cartridges are very expensive

sometimes more expensive than the table itself

if  your table can take a universal cartridge, you can pick them up almost anywhere at reasonable prices. My usb turntable (which is newer) has a basic type cartridge but the Technics and Yamaha are older turntables and need a specific type.

MY sister got rid of her old (better) turntable because the cartridges were too expensive. She bought a cheapie, newer t-table from BB gets her cartridges at Radio Shack for like $40; she's been happy with it LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
  Share Topic