BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What should I do ? *Vent*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
~NeNi~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~NeNi~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I do ? *Vent*
    Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:42pm
Ok so I'm mainly venting but I would also like some advice as well please

I've been at my current ( also first )job for awhile now and don't know what to do about the situation I'm having. When I first started, I had a decent amount of hours a week working part-time. I was not attending school at the time so my schedule was basically open to work whenever. My co-workers however, were either attending school or had another job on the side so whatever hours they couldn't do I would get. We don't have too many workers so the staff is really close. I'm a pretty quiet person I try to stay to myself to avoid any problems so when my co-workers and managers are joking around or anything I rarely get in it. My boss seems like she'd get a tad upset and refers to me as "Shy". However,There is one manager I do talk to a little more than the rest and it's always a problem when I do. Whenever my boss see's me talking and laughing with her she starts picking at me and being mean to me. I noticed since I'd been talking to that particular manager my boss started dropping my hours and gave it to one of my co-workers. She'd also started talking to my co-worker more than me and I guess playing favorites, mind you this particular co-worker has another job and calls off whenever she feels like it.

Anyway, This week I'm at the lowest hours I have ever been working there and I don't know what to do I'm depressed because I want to work. I'm off work like 5 days in a row and am only getting 2 days of work now She claims its because we have limited hours but when I last worked which was 4days ago, I heard her telling other people she is hiring. My dad keeps saying I should say something to her about it but I don't know what to say and I don't want to get fired. The last guy that questioned her schedule got dropped down to only one day of work.... I'm ALWAYS on time,NEVER call off, I work the hardest there and all our customers love me I'm mainly the reason we are doing well so why do I feel like I'm being punished? I've been trying to apply to other jobs but I've had no success so far. I really need all the hours I can get because I registered for school but I have to pay the tuition bi-weekly myself and I fear I won't be able to keep up the way this is going... Any advice please..?

Edited by ~NeNi~ - Jan 13 2013 at 1:45pm
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by ~NeNi~ ~NeNi~ wrote:

Ok so I'm mainly venting but I would also like some advice as well please

I've been at my current ( also first )job for awhile now and don't know what to do about the situation I'm having. When I first started, I had a decent amount of hours a week working part-time. I was not attending school at the time so my schedule was basically open to work whenever. My co-workers however, were either attending school or had another job on the side so whatever hours they couldn't do I would get. We don't have too many workers so the staff is really close. I'm a pretty quiet person I try to stay to myself to avoid any problems so when my co-workers and managers are joking around or anything I rarely get in it. My boss seems like she'd get a tad upset and refers to me as "Shy". However,There is one manager I do talk to a little more than the rest and it's always a problem when I do. Whenever my boss see's me talking and laughing with her she starts picking at me and being mean to me. I noticed since I'd been talking to that particular manager my boss started dropping my hours and gave it to one of my co-workers. She'd also started talking to my co-worker more than me and I guess playing favorites, mind you this particular co-worker has another job and calls off whenever she feels like it.

Anyway, This week I'm at the lowest hours I have ever been working there and I don't know what to do I'm depressed because I want to work. I'm off work like 5 days in a row and am only getting 2 days of work now She claims its because we have limited hours but when I last worked which was 4days ago, I heard her telling other people she is hiring. My dad keeps saying I should say something to her about it but I don't know what to say and I don't want to get fired. The last guy that questioned her schedule got dropped down to only one day of work.... I'm ALWAYS on time,NEVER call off, I work the hardest there and all our customers love me I'm mainly the reason we are doing well so why do I feel like I'm being punished? I've been trying to apply to other jobs but I've had no success so far. I really need all the hours I can get because I registered for school but I have to pay the tuition bi-weekly myself and I fear I won't be able to keep up the way this is going... Any advice please..?
this right here is SOOO wrong!!!  Can you start writing everything down & then go over her head?  Also get a statement from the guy that was fired.  She is a fuccin unfair jealous bully.  I hate  ppl like her
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by ~NeNi~ ~NeNi~ wrote:

The last guy that questioned her schedule got dropped down to only one day of work.... I'm ALWAYS on time,NEVER call off, I work the hardest there and all our customers love me I'm mainly the reason we are doing well so why do I feel like I'm being punished?

Since you aren't the one in charge, the above doesn't matter. You do yourself a disservice by focusing on what you think you deserve based on meeting expectations in the workplace.

Sometimes, you just need to play the game. Keep applying for other jobs and at the same time, be the type of person this manager clearly likes. We all have to pretend and be fake to some extent in the workplace...do what you need to do to get the hours you need.

laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:00pm

I would look for another job asap, they can find any excuse to lower your hours if your working a min wage type job (sounds like it)  I would just get out of there and try not to rock the boat to much until you get another job so they won't lower your hours even more before then.

laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:01pm

dp

Edited by laceyfront - Jan 13 2013 at 2:03pm
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:04pm
As long as you're not asking in a disrespectful manner, there is no reason why you can't ask her about your hours and her hiring. Explain to her you need the hours to pay for school. If she says no, at least you asked and continue your search for another job. Also, check on work study at school.

Good Luck! I'm not sure what you mean by picking on you but a good lesson to learn now, Don't let people walk over you. Remember, people can only treat you the way you let them.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:08pm
Your boss is a bytch and you should quit!!!!! but I know its not that easy but honestly if you don't address it, it will continue suck it up if you can until you find another job continue to ask for hours and let her know you are available maybe that's all she wants in the mean while document everything.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:10pm
Look for another job. Doesn't sound like this is a career for you. She probably wants you to quit.
If this was a career for you I'd offer different advice.
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:12pm
Bunnyah be Tryna sneak FTP
Starrygurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

I would look for another job asap, they can find any excuse to lower your hours if your working a min wage type job (sounds like it)  I would just get out of there and try not to rock the boat to much until you get another job so they won't lower your hours even more before then.

Yep. Keep looking you may get lucky and find one. This sounds just like my job a bit, except our company is big. The hard workers don't get notice and the kiss ass or lazy people get more hours. I hate when they do that, lower hours for some petty stuff.

I would say stay focus on looking for a 2nd job, also try not to get involved with the other boss. It seems like she want to get under your skin. Usually I ignore people like that at work.
Also be careful who you talk to at work. I am also a shy person, but sometimes I like too talk. Nothing too personal it could come back at you.

Edited by Starrygurl - Jan 13 2013 at 2:35pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System