Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What Questions Should I Ask A Vendor On Alibaba
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWhat Questions Should I Ask A Vendor On Alibaba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
SassyOne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Questions Should I Ask A Vendor On Alibaba
    Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 4:12pm
I am considering purchasing some virgin brazilian from a CV on Alibaba and would like to be a thorough as possible in getting information about the hair and vendor. I googled the name of the vendor and nothing really comes up. The vendor also has 100% positive feedback and I went through and read the comments just to be sure they weren't just made up randomly and the comments seem legitimate. The cost is SUPER affordable and would end up being around $140 for about 8 oz of hair or 119 for 7oz (it's packaged in 50g (1.75 ounces) bundles.

What I'm wondering is what else should I be looking to ask the vendor before buying? I definitely intend to ask what additional fees with my tacked on (they mention it in a paragraph to international buyers) and what their policy is on returns if the product is defective, but what else would you ask if you were considering a purchase?

This is my first time ordering hair online and I'm trying to save my mom money (We paid $160 for my indi remi) and also trying to progress into higher quality hair.
Sponsored Links

Gods Child View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 5:03pm
It depends on what you want and what is important to you.

If they are telling you that the hair is "Virgin" you might want to ask them the following:

1) How is the hair collected? Is the hair collected from one braid (meaning one donor) or multiple donors. I can tell you that I am POSITIVE the answer will be multiple donors.

2) Is the hair dipped in acid? Again I am POSITIVE that the answer is going to be yes.

3) If there is a wave or curl pattern, how is that achieved? Is it natural? steam processed? or machine processed? More then likely the answer is going to be machine processed.

Again, it really depends on what is important to you and what your expectations of the quality of the hair is.

Edited by Gods Child - Mar 06 2011 at 5:40pm
coggirlf00 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Gods Child Gods Child wrote:

If they are telling you that the hair is "Virgin" you might want to ask them the following:

1) How is the hair collected? Is the hair collected from one braid (meaning one donor) or multiple donors. I can tell you that I am POSITIVE the answer will be multiple donors.

2) Is the hair dipped in acid? Again I am POSITIVE that the answer is going to be yes.

3) If there is a wave or curl pattern, how is that achieved? Is it natural? steam processed? or machine processed? More then likely the answer is going to be machine processed.

Again, it really depends on what is important to you and what your expectations of the quality of the hair is.

good lord. if they tell her yes to it being dipped in acid and machine processed I sure HOPE they don't continue to say it is virgin, lol
27brwnsug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by coggirlf00 coggirlf00 wrote:

good lord. if they tell her yes to it being dipped in acid and machine processed I sure HOPE they don't continue to say it is virgin, lol

ClapFa REAL! and please don't buy from them.
27brwnsug View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 12:53pm
I've been trying to thinking about buying from them but and I only ask two questions 1. Is this Virgin hair and can you send me pics of the exact hair i'm getting? They answer the first question with no problem but when it comes to the picture, they get really weird. One told me my email was wrong Wacko another wouldn't respond and another gave me an attitude. There's too many of them for me to get hung up on three.
Gods Child View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by coggirlf00 coggirlf00 wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You saw his email message to her telling her that it was "Virgin" I promise you if she asked those questions he will either not answer or answer in the affirmative to all of the above. I have been researching ALIBABA vendors this weekend. So far only found two that said that they did not dip the hair in acid. Ouch So tell me again why you are calling it "Virgin" hair?
myhairzmybiz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2011 at 5:13pm

wow, good questions God's child. note to self
eleisha26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2011 at 10:12am
bump..anymore questions we should be asking?
eleisha26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2011 at 7:57pm

ok..so today i was talking to a pretty reputable vendor(thats been mentioned gaziliions of times on here), about his virgin indian and virgin mongolian hair. i stressed that i was looking for virgin and not processed and he assured these 2 were virgin non processed.  so i then asked him if he dipped in acid. he said yes, only a little to remove dirt and eggs. then i asked is all his virgin hair dipped in acid, and again he said yes. so then its no longer virgin, and processed right?! if so..why are they saying virgin?Confused
never mind..this question has been answered for me.

Edited by eleisha26 - Jul 17 2011 at 10:33am
*SkolarStar* View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 2:12pm
I want to bump this thread so experts or those that have already found reputable vendors with quality hair can share what questions they asked before ordering. I already have the steps about making sure the vendor is not a scam artist but, I just want to make sure I take necessary steps about asking questions about the hair. So far I have:

Are the wefts machine tied or hand tied?
How long is the weft? How many ounces on each weft?
Is it single drawn or double drawn?
Is it dipped in acid?
What process is used to achieve a pattern? (I'm looking for kinky straight)
How long are the beards?

I'm sure there are more I should ask but I don't know them. TIA for your contribution! Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic