Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

What products do you use to style dry hair?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
fashion11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What products do you use to style dry hair?
    Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:36pm
Any ideas for a good moist urging styler that can be used on dry hair for a defined twist/braid/Bantu out? I like to do styles on dry hair but I'm having a hard time finding a product that I can use on dry hair & produces defined results. Since I want something to use on dry hair I would like something that won't cause major shrinkage.

TIA
Sponsored Links

Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:07pm
I only use olive oil if I want to avoid shrinkage or texture change. If you are going to set overnight you can add some moister by putting some water and conditioner in your hair. If that's not an option I would go for oil.
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:21pm
oh, I actually needed the answer to this question, too, but for relaxed hair. I was thinking of shescentit macadamia fixing gel, but I haven't found enough reviews.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 6:22pm
ITA w/ Louel about using an oil Using an oilnon dry hair will give you maximum stretch in conjunction with the size of the setting technique . If you use a moisture based product, for example- a gel- I have found that using a medium sized amount of the gel and banding the hair, equals defined hair via the gel and shrinkage combat-iness(made up the wordLOL)equals less shrinkage via the banding. HTHSmile
fashion11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 5:35pm
Thx ladies for the suggestions!!

Anymore ideas?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic