BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

What makes a cake a good cake to you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 1:17pm
It definitely has to be airy and soft. I don't much care for frosting. It's very 1970's. I like some type of cream or custard in between layers, some type of coffee or almond taste, or just gooey chocolate.
Sponsored Links

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 1:24pm
It can't be too moist either, I've taken a bite of soggy cake and it is not the business. I only eat two kinds of cake, vanilla cake with very little buttercream frosting(birthday cake) and dark chocolate cake all the way through like Idris Elba.
Petty LaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petty LaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 1:45pm
CAKE.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 1:55pm
fluffy and moist. Hmmm cheesecake
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 1:58pm
Moist. flavorful.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Moist and not artificial tasting, plus I prefer it to look nice. Most people want to cheat and be lazy with a cake, you gotta sift that flour and not go to Dollar Tree for imitation vanilla flavoring. 

I have to agree when it comes to flavoring, at least spend a little extra for real vanilla.  I am kind of partial to the Madagascar vanilla they sell at Trader Joes myself but I am open to suggestions to other kinds of vanilla.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Maple Syrup Maple Syrup wrote:

Moistness, flavour and depending on the cake if it's light and fluffy (some cakes are meant to be dense).

If the cake has icing then a good ratio of icing to cake- Too much icing can ruin a good cake. Also the flavour of the icing should compliment the cake and not over power it.

I tend to prefer my German chocolate cake to be a bit dense the more I think about it. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

I also feel that a good cheesecake is hard to find.  Most bakeries sell it way too mealy/dry, or mushy.  Then they heap it with overly-sweetened fruits and fruitsauce, and it just kills it for me.

My favorite cheesecake is Olive Garden's white chocolate raspberry cheesecake

It's cheesecake with swirls of raspberries inside, topped with whipped cream and white chocolate shavings as well as raspberry sauce.  Then, the crust is a chocolate graham type, or crushed oreo wafers.  The best part is the occasional chunk of white chocolate you'll bite into mixed into the cake.

This sh*t right here will have you snatching your own wig off in the middle of a crowded restaurant on a first date, do you hear me?

LOL.  But wow mealy cheesecake, how does that happen?  Granted I only made it a handful of times but my tends to come out okay.  Maybe they didn't do a hot water bath while baking the cheesecake? *shrugs*
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 2:05pm
this thread makes me want to start back baking. 
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 2:15pm
^ me too :)

but i have to make cookies first.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style