Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

What makes a cake a good cake to you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What makes a cake a good cake to you?
    Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:49am
Just sitting here on at my desk and I was browsing through the Ultimate Food Thread and it has got me thinking, what makes makes a good cake.  I remember one cake this girl brought to school (high school) and she swore up and down that her momma makes the best cake in the world.  I took a bite and was shocked that the cake was so greasy.  Like if you rubbed it against a paper bag, the bag would become see through and eventual the bag will breakdown.  When I inquired about what flavoring her mother used, she acted like she couldn't divulged and it was on some Mrs. Fields standards(not now but back then) when really it was some bullsheit level of baking.  I knew she used lemon flavoring and I had no desire to recreate it or copy it.  Another cake I had, well two separate occasions, that was disappointing was that it was crumbly as hell like cornbread.  Maybe I am used to YT baking or what but I can't stand these fall apart cakes.  I am not saying that it has to be dense like fudge but damn at least let it hold its shape when it is being cut.  But on the flip side, I am partial to the light and fluffy cakes that is easy on the frosting.  In fact I prefer no frosting on my cake unless it is German chocolate cake.  So what makes a cake to you?

Yeah I'm bored if anyone asks.
Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:50am
moist, buttery, thick, frosting (not that whipped air sh*t either, like traditional buttercream frosting).
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:05am
Moist and not artificial tasting, plus I prefer it to look nice. Most people want to cheat and be lazy with a cake, you gotta sift that flour and not go to Dollar Tree for imitation vanilla flavoring. 

Edited by Princess Grace - Feb 23 2014 at 10:06am
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:07am
Flavor, moist, light, fluffy and how it looks
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:07am
I like moist ( not greasy) medium density mild flavor cake.
Frosting makes a cake for me.

I learned a while ago that people's palets adjust to what they are used to. Even if it's nasty. I never take people seriously when they talk about their parents cooking.

One lady bought salty cookies to work one day. I learned later she doesn't like sweets so she is always light on sugar when she bakes.

Edited by melikey - Feb 23 2014 at 10:10am
Maple Syrup View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maple Syrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:59am
Moistness, flavour and depending on the cake if it's light and fluffy (some cakes are meant to be dense).

If the cake has icing then a good ratio of icing to cake- Too much icing can ruin a good cake. Also the flavour of the icing should compliment the cake and not over power it.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 11:02am
now i want some cake.. 

i cosign what the others said.. 
moistness is important 
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 11:30am
I also feel that a good cheesecake is hard to find.  Most bakeries sell it way too mealy/dry, or mushy.  Then they heap it with overly-sweetened fruits and fruitsauce, and it just kills it for me.

My favorite cheesecake is Olive Garden's white chocolate raspberry cheesecake

It's cheesecake with swirls of raspberries inside, topped with whipped cream and white chocolate shavings as well as raspberry sauce.  Then, the crust is a chocolate graham type, or crushed oreo wafers.  The best part is the occasional chunk of white chocolate you'll bite into mixed into the cake.

This sh*t right here will have you snatching your own wig off in the middle of a crowded restaurant on a first date, do you hear me?

Edited by CLCNY20 - Feb 23 2014 at 11:32am
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 12:09pm
cake should be moist, light and fluffy, soft..

it should never taste like stale/dry bread.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 12:13pm
choclate
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>