Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what kind of sunscreen do Africans wear?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 10:06pm
I use that Anthelios La Roche Posay sunscreen.

Expensive, but I got a tester for free.

I mix sunscreen with a little lotion to prevent a white cast on my face.
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I get tinea versicolor (thanks genetics) if I get too much sun so now I have to use it.

I used a sample of neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunscreen and it had me looking ashy all over.Dead
Yes I used this years ago on my face and it leaves a white-cast in picturesCry
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 10:23pm
^Ghostface killa look ftl.LOL

I really wish they would put on the label "not for brown skin".
Hello! Tsuki View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello! Tsuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Yaaaassss I use this, too! I've never been sunburned but after having researched the link between UV rays and aging, I'm trying to do everything I can to keep my skin looking immaculate for years to come Approve
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 12:29am

This African man came into Bath and Body Works today and asked the worker "do you have some kind of lotion that protects from the sun here?"

I had an urge to go save him and send him to another store, but I didn't know what to tell him other than he's probably gonna smell like a teenage girl if he buys it here. So I left it alone... but I was glad he was buying some Thumbs Up

I need to start wearing it everyday on my face.. but... I go tan at a salon, so umm.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 12:47am
I had to sign a waiver so they wouldn't slather that crap all over my kids at daycare.  They had my babies purple.  Looking like the Gross Sisters.  They smelled good though.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 12:56am
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Most of that stuff is Genetic^ seriously look at your realitives the old ones: how does their skin look? If its still lovely ask if they used SuNscreen?

I'm black American and not one of my relatives has ever had skin cancer, they usually have/had decent skin, and my older relatives spent most of their lives working outside sunscreenless.

One day I asked myself this: how often did slaves wear sunscreen?  How often did slaves getting skin cancer?  The answer to those questions makes me chill a little more when I happen to forget to put it on.

The industrial revolution began towards the end of slavery...I'm pretty sure the air was cleaner back then...
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Hello! Tsuki Hello! Tsuki wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Yaaaassss I use this, too! I've never been sunburned but after having researched the link between UV rays and aging, I'm trying to do everything I can to keep my skin looking immaculate for years to come Approve

Same here! Also best sunscreen ever. I imagine its UVA and UVB protecting abilities are great, but I really appreciate how milky the sunscreen itself is. Makes blending it on my skin nearly effortless!

Even if I don't mix a little lotion in, the white cast is extremely minimal and can be rubbed away! Clap And it doesn't make me look like I dipped my face in Criso. If I'm looking a little shiny anyway, powder takes care of it. Thumbs Up
babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 2:15am
I have that Anthelios La Roche Posay, but I only use it on the beach b/c it is greasy, smells strongly and feels so heavy that i want to wash it right off. I use a sunblock with zinc oxide called Z-Silc and I love it. It gives a matte finish, makes my face feel moisturized and does not make my face have the white cast.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 2:17am
As hot as Phoenix gets in the summer, it's too damn hot to go out to do anything anyway. 

Any other time is just suicide. Any business I gotta take care of I'll do it either early in the morning or sundown. Plus, I work nights.

There's MY sunscreen. LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>