Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What Is Your All-Time Favorite Starbucks Item...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

What Is Your All-Time Favorite Starbucks Item...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 3:29pm
This barista [whats the female equivalent? ] from reading .. Too bad they don't serve that everywhere

Le sigh ..

Years ago though

Edited by afrokock - Apr 04 2014 at 3:30pm
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 3:30pm
11. Nutter Butter Frappuccino

nutterbutter

You know, the cookies shaped like peanuts with a peanut butter filling? This tastes oddly similar. Order:

Hazelnut frappucino
Blend in a whole banana
Cinnamon dolce syrup (3 pumps for a venti, 2 pumps grande, 1 for a tall)
Toffee nut syrup (3 pumps for a venti, 2 pumps for grande, and 1 for tall)
With or without whipped cream on top–this nutty drink is tasty.

12.Peach Cobbler Frappuccino
peachcobbler

The icier version of a hot slice of peach cobbler. This drink is all about the mix of vanilla, cinnamon, and peach flavors. Mm-mm. Order:

A vanilla bean frappuccino
Cinnamon dolce syrup (2 pumps for venti, 1.5 pumps grande, and 1 pump for tall)
With peach syrup (4 pumps for venti, 3 for a grande, and 2 pumps for a tall)
Whipped cream blended in
Cinnamon dolce drizzle on top
Get it with whipped cream on top
Add a pump of classic syrup if it’s not sweet enough for you.

13. Blackberry Cobbler Frappuccino
blackberrycobbler

This fruity drink is pretty and it tastes great! This is one of the combinations that is thanks to Starbucks introducing their fruity summertime refreshers. Order:

White mocha syrup (2 pumps for a venti, 1.5 for grande, and 1 pump for a tall)
And a scoop of freeze-dried blackberries blended in
Top with whipped cream if you’d like!

14. Cadbury Creme Egg Frappuccino
cadburyegg

Ugh, the cloyingly sweet fondant of Cadbury Creme Eggs is my arch-nemesis. And now I can gorge myself on this drink year-round! Here’s what to order:

Java chip frappuccino
2 shots of espresso for venti and grande, 1 shot for tall
Vanilla bean powder (4 scoops for a venti, 3 scoops grande, and 2 scoops for tall)
Caramel syrup (1 pump for a venti-sized drink, and .5 pumps for grande and tall)
Vanilla syrup (2 pumps for venti, 1.5 pumps grande, and 1 pump for a tall)
Whipped cream on top is optional, but recommended. Likewise for the caramel drizzle on top.

15. Rainbow Sherbet Frappuccino
rainbowsherbet

I love rainbow sherbet in the summer. This one is for those with a sweet tooth. It’s only available while Starbucks is doing their refreshers. For a grande, order:

A strawberries and cream frappuccino made with orange refresher instead of strawberry purée
3 pumps of cream base
A scoop of vanilla bean powder
A pump of raspberry syrup
A pump of peach syrup
Add ice and blend it all up
Again, this is one of the drinks on our list that is only available seasonally.

16. Black Forest Frappuccino
blackforest

Berries and chocolate is such a tasty flavor pairing. And now you can have it in drink form! If mocha cookie crumble frappuccinos are available, order one of those and add raspberry syrup (2.5 pumps for venti, 2 pumps grande, and 1.5 pumps for a tall) rather than the vanilla syrup it normally has.

17. Banana Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
bananachocolatechip

A thick & delicious dessert beverage. Try getting it with whipped cream on top! Order:

With java chips (3 scoops for a venti, 2 scoops grande, and 1 for tall)
And a whole banana blended in

18. Caramel Macchiato Frappuccino
caramelmacc

Now you can have your favorite two-layer drink in frappuccino form (albeit without the two distinct layers). Try:

With 2 shots of espresso
Extra caramel drizzle on top, whipped cream optional

19. Key Lime Pie Frappuccino
keylimepie

Perfect for a tart treat in the summertime, this one will only be available when their refreshers are on the menu. It’s a long one; here it is:

Cool lime juice to the bottom line
Whole milk to the second line
Cinnamon dolce syrup (1.5 pumps for venti, 1 pump grande, and .5 for tall)
Vanilla syrup(3 pumps for a venti, 2 pumps for a grande, and 1 for tall)
White mocha (3 pumps for a venti, 2 pumps for a grande, and 1 for tall)
Whipped cream blended in
Add toasted coconut flakes if those are available on top, along with whipped cream to top it off!

20. S’mores Frappuccino
smores

This popular campfire snack is now in beverage form! Try ordering:

A java chip frappuccino (double chocolate chip works if you’d rather not have the caffeine)
Toffee nut syrup (1.5 pumps for venti, 1 pump grande, .5 pumps for a tall)
Cinnamon dolce syrup (1.5 pumps for venti, 1 pump grande, .5 pumps for a tall)
Whipped cream blended in
Whipped cream and cinnamon dolce sprinkles on top

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 3:32pm

21. Red Velvet Frappuccino
redvelvet

This one is simple and delicious. Order a half white chocolate mocha, half regular mocha frappuccino with 2 pumps of raspberry syrup (or 3 for a venti) and top with whipped cream!

22. Neapolitan Frapuccino
Neapolitan

Triple the flavor in this creamy treat. Order:

A strawberries and cream frappuccino
Mocha syrup (3 pumps venti, 2 grande, and 1 pump for tall)
Vanilla bean powder (1.5 scoops for venti, and 1 scoop for grande and tall)
Get it with chocolate drizzle and chocolate whipped cream (if available) on top

23. Oreo Frapuccino
oreo

This is super simple to order. Just ask for a double chocolate chip frappiccuno with white chocolate mocha in the place of the regular mocha syrup.

24. Zebra Frappuccino
zebra

Do you like white chocolate and regular chocolate? For the best of both worlds, try asking for:

A mocha frappuccino
Made with half white chocolate mocha and half regular mocha
Add java chips
You can also try this combination (with or without the chips) in non-frappuccino iced drinks, or even hot drinks!

25. Butterbeer Frappuccino
butterbeer

As if it came from Hogsmeade, try ordering:

Creme frappuccino base with whole milk
Toffee nut syrup (4 pumps for a venti, 3 pumps for grande, and 2 pumps tall)
Caramel syrup (4 pumps for a venti, 3 pumps for grande, and 2 pumps tall)
Add caramel drizzle
Get it with whipped cream if you’d like.

26. Cake Batter Frappuccino
cakebatter

This one might sound weird, but it works and is very simple to order. It’s just a vanilla bean frappuccino with almond flavoring added. Alternatively, vanilla bean powder added to a vanilla frappuccino with added almond flavoring. Unfortunately, the almond flavoring isn’t always available anymore.

27. Cinnamon Roll Frapuccino
cinnamonroll

The frozen, drinkable version of a cinnamon bun:

Vanilla bean frappuccino
Cinnamon dolce syrup (3 pumps venti, 2 pumps grande, 1 pump tall)
White chocolate mocha syrup (3 pumps venti, 2 pumps grande, 1 pump tall)
Cinnamon dolce powder sprinkled on top
Or if you want something easier to order, ask for a vanilla bean frappuccino with cinnamon dolce syrup added.

28. Banana Split
bananasplit

The frappuccino version of a favorite sundae, order:

A strawberries and creme frappuccino
A whole banana blended in
Vanilla bean powder
Java chips blended in
Get it topped with whipped cream and mocha drizzle
You can even add caramel drizzle on top of all of that for an even tastier dessert.

29. Creamy Dark Caramel Espresso Frappuccino
bomb

This one is deliciously rich and thick. It’s different than the preparation of most other frappuccinos, so be very clear in your requests. For a grande:

Get heavy whipping cream (different from whipped cream) blended with just ice and cream base
Add 3 pumps of dark caramel sauce to the bottom of the cup, then pour the blended mix into the cup
Add a shot of espresso
With whipped cream and cookie crumbles on top (when available)

30. French Vanilla
frenchvanilla

Sweet and creamy. For a grande, ask for:

2 pumps of toffee nut syrup
2 pumps of vanilla syrup
Extra caramel drizzle blended in
Top with whipped cream
You can also order any drink with a french vanilla flavor just by ordering something with half vanilla and half toffee nut. Go wild!

31. Turtle Frappuccino
turtle

Tastes just like the holiday chocolate turtle candies, and is a nice substitute if you’re missing Caribou Coffee’s frozen turtle mocha drink. Here’s what you order:

A java chip frappuccino
Toffee nut syrup (3 pumps venti, 2 pumps grande, and 1 pump tall)
Whipped cream on top
Caramel and mocha drizzles on top

32. Twix Frappuccino
twix

Inspired by the chocolate coated caramel cookie candy bar, this is another drink with a few variations. Try:

Caramel frappuccino
Java chips
Hazelnut syrup (2 pumps venti, 1.5 pumps grande, 1 pump tall)
Whipped cream blended in
Coat the cup with caramel sauce
And add mocha drizzle on top
Alternatively:

Caramel frappuccino
Chocolate syrup (adjust amount of pumps with drink size and taste)
Whipped cream on top
Topped with caramel and mocha drizzles
Sprinkled with crunchy caramel pieces (either from their holiday-time brûlée drinks or the summertime caramel ribbon crunch)
Or you could even ask for (grande size):

Java chip frappuccino
Add a pump of caramel syrup
Blend in half of a chocolate caramel pretzel (from their pastry selection if available, and not all locations will blend in whole food items like this)
Whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top
Add in the rest of your pretzel to stir with

33. Horchata Frappuccino
horchata

If you’ve never had this spicy traditional Latin American/Spanish drink made with rice milk (or tigernuts in Spain), then you’re missing out!
For the frappuccino version, try:

Chai creme frappuccino
Cinnamon dolce syrup (3 pumps venti, 2 pumps grande, 1 pump tall)
Vanilla syrup (1.5 pumps for venti, 1 pump grande, half a pump for tall)
Chai (4 pumps venti, 3 pumps grande, 2 pumps tall)
Sprinkle cinnamon on top
Or for a simpler version, order a chai tea frappuccino with cinnamon syrup added, and garnish with cinnamon powder on top.

34. Caramel Nut Crunch Frappuccino
caramelnutcrunch

This one is crunchy, nutty, and packed with caramel flavor, but not as strong of a caramel punch as the caramel ribbon crunch frappuccino. It’s just about as sweet, though.
Order:

Toffee nut syrup (3 pumps venti, 2 pumps grande, 1 pump tall)
Caramel syrup (3 pumps venti, 2 pumps grande, 1 pump tall)
Add in the caramel ribbon crunch pieces to the bottom of the cup before pouring in the blended mix
Add whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top
With more caramel crunch pieces on top
Enjoy!

35. Snickers Frappuccino
snickers

Just like the candy bar. Ask for:

A java chip frappuccino
Toffee nut syrup (3 pumps venti, 2 pumps grande, and 1 pump tall)
Whipped cream on top
Caramel drizzle lining the cup and on top
Add mocha drizzle on top for even more chocolate flavor (optional)
One drink that sadly lacks a frappuccino version at present, is Thai iced tea. We wrote up a simple step-by-step guide to making a Thai tea concentrate at home which you can then use to flavor your own at-home frappuccinos in a blender!

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Caramel frap with soy milk and whipped cream is my weakness!!!

I need to branch out and try different flavors. I just don't want to spend money and end up not liking it lol.

LOL i know

i dont think you can go wrong with starbucks...at least not TOO wrong to where you cant drink it..

If you try something and don't like it they'll make you something else instead for free.

seriously?Shocked

i usually go through the drive-thru though...so that sucks

Lol yea I've done this, but I was actually IN the store chillin/working.

Edited by Miss B - Apr 04 2014 at 3:33pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

What's the green frapp?
I used to tear dat up tooLOL

this? green tea frapp

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Lol yea I've done this, but I was actually IN the store chillin/working.

cool..ill remember that...when i try something new ima sit at a table to see if i like it first before i leave...Big smile

lol that sounds trifling..
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 3:46pm
LOLthis is from one of the baristas

**climbs up on soapbox with mega phone in hand**

I am a barista and supervisor at one of the many local Starbucks. We are the busiest store in the area and average 90 second ticket times, 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, we are crafting speciality drinks and remaking misordered ones. We are taught to treat each customer as a guest and give them a special experience each and every time they come to visit. We all try very hard to meet all expectations of every customer that walks through the door. From day one of training, we are taught 5 basic ideas of excellent customer service:

1. Be welcoming
2. Be genuine
3. Be knowledgeable
4. Be considerate
5. Be involved

**Please note** Not one of those 5 basic, Green Apron Behaviors says to memorize every internet list of “secret drinks” out there. This is the 5th or 6th list I have seen in my 8 months with the company, and not one of them were distributed by Starbucks. These are personal creations, whether by a former barista or customer, that, in their conception, probably took a lot of trial and error to make perfectly. A newly trained barista may look at you with shock and horror when you ask for one of these and do not have the recipie. A seasoned barista may do the same, but I promise you, if you give us just a little idea of what you want your drink, we will do our best to make it yummy.

We are not magicians or mind readers, and no, we do not have ANY of these concoctions on our list of STANDARD STARBUCKS DRINKS that we are trained to create on the daily basis. We are very happy to customize drinks, and in fact, promote the customization of drinks to better meet each customers desires. My favorite regulars get tons of extra love in each cup (iced grande caramel macchiato, 6 equals stirred in, extra caramel drizzle, add whipped cream, or trenta iced coffee, 9 pumps classic, 9 pumps hazelnut, extra, extra cream, light ice, and solo venti java chip frappuccino, double blended, with 5 pumps mocha, 5 pumps vanilla, extra extra chips, no whipped cream, extra cookie crumbles).

The difference between the complicated drinks I just rattled off from memory and the “secret” list…these customers tell us what they want in them. There is no name, no list, no secret menu they are ordering off of….they know what they want, how they want it, and order it accordingly. It is extremely difficult to create a drink from a list I’ve never seen, with ingredients we don’t have year round, and a customer who has no idea what is in drink they are trying to order, whether it’s inspired by Harry Potter or candy bars. Bring us the recipie, I promise we’ll follow it to a T and then remake you something else once you realize it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. If you do not have the recipie, explain what flavored you like and I’ll make ya something to suit your taste. Simple as that.

As far as the money arguments going on here….Yes, speciality drinks are expensive. Typically, there is an up charge of 50 cents for each added syrup, component, or additional espresso added to all drinks. So, if you order a Butter Beer Latte, the recipie I’ve been handed and created, called for a grande in a venti cup, 2 shots espresso, steamed whole milk, 4 pumps caramel, 4 pumps hazelnut, 4 pumps cinnamon dolce, extra caramel drizzle, and extra whipped cream…that’s 12 pumps of syrup and drizzle and whip that don’t come in a grande whole milk latte which equals about $3.00 extra for added ingredients. Your normal latte would be about $4.00, plus that $3.00 for extra stuff, $7.00 for all theses drinks is a good average. It’s not our fault. Nor Starbucks fault…you can’t add toppings to a pizza without adding charges, and you still tip the driver.

On to my last topic, if you enjoy your experience and love your drink, leave us a tip. If not, don’t. It is, indeed, that simple. No, we don’t make what most would consider a great wage, but most of us do it because we love coffee and the environment Starbucks offers. Tips are welcome, not expected.

-AM

HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 4:04pm
Cry
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 4:12pm
some of those drinks look good

but i would feel like such an asshole going up and ordering some of these, they are so specific!

I have had some really good customs though. if you tell the barista to make it special or add something to it, they are usually happy to. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

What's the green frapp?
I used to tear dat up tooLOL

this? green tea frapp

that looks G.A.F!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs